Gaming PlayStation 5

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
That PS5 is very loud @Alock1, mines nowhere near that even after playing some DS last night.
It's clearly karma for my antics in the vs thread innit

It's good to hear that mine is likely an outlier so a replacement should fix it

Tiber

PS Plus is needed for online play. You also get additional discounts and 2 free games each month.
Worth getting just for the PS+ collection.

I'm really looking forward to trying God Of War

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Even the sluggish Fifa 21 menus on the PS4 version are smooth on the PS5. I love SSD.

passing-wind

JL good job with delivery via DPD I'd recommend anyone looking for stock to use them very thorough process via the app. Ordered yesterday arrive this morning, I hope anyone looking has fortune because the whole thing is an absolute disgrace feel sorry for those still in the struggle.

acnumber9

JL good job with delivery via DPD I'd recommend anyone looking for stock to use them very thorough process via the app. Ordered yesterday arrive this morning, I hope anyone looking has fortune because the whole thing is an absolute disgrace feel sorry for those still in the struggle.
Did you order yesterday and get it already? I ordered when pre-orders launched and I’m still sitting waiting impatiently.

passing-wind

Did you order yesterday and get it already? I ordered when pre-orders launched and I’m still sitting waiting impatiently.
Yes yesterday 8:50 in the morning. I think much of its dependant on the couriers. I've always known about the infrastructure of DPD and genuinely consider them reliable. Sorry to hear for your circumstance the whole thing is a mess.

acnumber9

Yes yesterday 8:50 in the morning. I think much of its dependant on the couriers. I've always known about the infrastructure of DPD and genuinely consider them reliable. Sorry to hear for your circumstance the whole thing is a mess.
They certainly seem like the best courier around. Mine is due by dinner time so hopefully my wait is nearly over. I normally don’t bother getting g launch consoles but my old PS4 just wasn’t getting the most of my TV.

2E_MUFC

For the grabber machine I thought the same for a while, but then I realised I didn’t have enough coins to do it. That’s not the issue is it?

Anyone played COD Cold War? Thinking about picking it up, I haven’t played COD for years, but the adaptive triggers seem like fun!
That could be it :lol: On Cold War, I feel it could be a fun game but the skill based match making makes multiplayer tiresome.

Tiber

I still think its an ugly beast that would look much better in black, but thankfully it fits easily in my dirt cheap, ancient TV stand.

Defiantly looks better if you can stand it up, but if I stood it up my cats would knock it over and smash it within an hour.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I still think its an ugly beast that would look much better in black, but thankfully it fits easily in my dirt cheap, ancient TV stand.

Defiantly looks better if you can stand it up, but if I stood it up my cats would knock it over and smash it within an hour.
Same problem here, going in my old tv unit! It’s very exciting! Hope you enjoy the console setting up is so cool!

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Am I right in saying games that play off the HDD won’t get any ps5 upgrades?

littlepeasoup

Considering those panels pop off you could always try and mod them yourself, or wait until there are third-party black panels that aren't immediately shut down by Sony.

I do feel like we need to have an intervention about that tree though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Considering those panels pop off you could always try and mod them yourself, or wait until there are third-party black panels that aren't immediately shut down by Sony.

I do feel like we need to have an intervention about that tree though.
@Tiber

I've seen somebody take their panels off and spray them in heat resistant black paint, looked fine but honestly prefer it in white now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Wait a minute, you've got your Christmas decorations up already ?
Mental.

Bojan11

Any ps4 games that might be have improvements the ps5 might use? For example maybe modern warfare.
They should benefit from boost mode, but don’t expect them to load faster. MW won’t load faster anyway because you’d be playing online.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
The Astro speedruns are nice. The overall target time for the trophy is lenient enough that an idiot like me can get it, while for the speedrun fans there is the replayability to get the faster times.

Do those of us who buy the Ps4 in 2021 also get these free games?
No. You need to buy the PS5 - or have a friend with a PS5 to login on your account and redeem them for you, then when you get the PS4 next year you can play them on the PS4.

Tiber

Wait a minute, you've got your Christmas decorations up already ?
Mental.
Yup. Two weeks stuck in the house with Covid with nothing to do but watch Yanks play PS5. Putting the tree up was a pleasant distraction

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
No. You need to buy the PS5 - or have a friend with a PS5 to login on your account and redeem them for you, then when you get the PS4 next year you can play them on the PS4.
Apologies. I meant that I intend to buy the PS5 next year so is this available only to early buyers, or will always be there no matter when you buy the console?