Gaming PlayStation 5

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I still think its an ugly beast that would look much better in black, but thankfully it fits easily in my dirt cheap, ancient TV stand.

Defiantly looks better if you can stand it up, but if I stood it up my cats would knock it over and smash it within an hour.
Looks a cool silvery colour in the shadows. Happy gaming!

Bojan11

How will you respond to Microsoft’s Game Pass?
There is actually news to come, but just not today. We have PlayStation Now which is our subscription service, and that is available in a number of markets.
Elvis is going to now say subscription services are good or whoever the clown was that thought sub services meant you still can’t buy games individually.

Shark

@NotShark
Anyone who hasn't played Days Gone or is looking to revisit it, honestly give it a try on PS5. Even though it's last gen it rivals Demon's Souls visually and is at 60fps. This backwards compatibility is honestly outstanding.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I still think its an ugly beast that would look much better in black, but thankfully it fits easily in my dirt cheap, ancient TV stand.

Defiantly looks better if you can stand it up, but if I stood it up my cats would knock it over and smash it within an hour.
Looks like I've got competition for the best cable management!

Also, that tree looks pitiful, you need to up your bauble game! :lol:

Raw

Starting to regret my decision of holding off for 1 year.

Though I guess it's next to impossible to get one now anyway.

Redlambs

Had a big time crash playing MM earlier. The good old "storage needs to be checked for errors" we've become accustomed to on the Playstations.

The machine is still quiet and cool though playing for hours (unlike the 4K ui screens :lol:).

b82REZ

Had a big time crash playing MM earlier. The good old "storage needs to be checked for errors" we've become accustomed to on the Playstations.

The machine is still quiet and cool though playing for hours (unlike the 4K ui screens :lol:).
My brother has experienced multiple crashes playing Miles.

I have to say its making me tempted to wait for a patch before I get into it. But I put about 4 hours in last night and planned to finish it this weekend. Where did you experience the crash?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Anyone who hasn't played Days Gone or is looking to revisit it, honestly give it a try on PS5. Even though it's last gen it rivals Demon's Souls visually and is at 60fps. This backwards compatibility is honestly outstanding.
God I played that on my OG PS4 and it made it howl and the FPS stuttered like crazy.

Actually a fairly decent game, though, but I'd never play it again, even on a PS5.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Days Gone, God of War, Bloodborne, Persona 5 - all games I'm looking forward to playing on the PS+ collection... once I've got the plat on Astro.

Shark

@NotShark
God I played that on my OG PS4 and it made it howl and the FPS stuttered like crazy.

Actually a fairly decent game, though, but I'd never play it again, even on a PS5.
Same here, it was awful. Only played it for around an hour and a half in PS4. Probably won't get awfully far on PS5 either but my God does it look stunning with the patch the developers released. You should take a look at least man.

Tiber

Looks like I've got competition for the best cable management!

Also, that tree looks pitiful, you need to up your bauble game! :lol:

3 cats means the baubles are scarce on the lower levels! Trees actually nice when on :)

Yea the cable management isn't pretty is it :p

Just had a go at Astros, pretty impressed. Going to give Bugsnax a try now then jump into MM

Bojan11

I haven’t had issues with noise too. I have mines Vertical next to the X like yours.

Where are people putting their consoles? If it’s in a cabinet then it will make some noise. It’s just @Alock1 trying to create false rumours. He should swap his X which he has got stood up next to the TV and put that in the cabinet.

Redlambs

I have to say its making me tempted to wait for a patch before I get into it. But I put about 4 hours in last night and planned to finish it this weekend. Where did you experience the crash?
The start of the bridge sequence. It booted back up and plays fine since thankfully.

Oh and those who don't really see the differences in Ray Tracing, just be aware that these consoles won't fully implement it, nor will MM make proper use of it that you'll notice as when swinging through the city they've done a great job of the look and reflections without it. However, it is very nice and a real next step all the same, and later down the line you'll hopefully see games that do take full advantage and not just graphically, but with sound design and A.I even too.

Redlambs

I'm doubtful it'll be patched, but yeah I'm in no rush to play it - got plenty of games to play in meantime. Thanks for the heads up.
Probably not, I mean they won't lift the 30fps cap I reckon (as From aren't the best at game engines and for some daft reason loved tying everything to the fps), but hopefully improvements to the system itself will at least see the game running smoother enough for you to enjoy!

Kaos

Might want to hold off on BB until they patch it (if they do). Apparently the performance is woeful on the PS5, worse than on the Pro.
I heard bluepoint were working on a Bloodborne remake for the PS5 (and PC). Might be worth waiting for that considering they seem to have done a stellar job with the new Demon's Souls.

Bojan11

Such an unscrupulous practice. And always likely to reel more unknowing folk in who have no prior knowledge of ongoing shit shows involving other products.

Anyway, where's my answer!? When am I getting my JL PS5???
When did you preorder it?

Just checked, they cancelling orders and saying it’s fraudulent. So they probably got less stock than expected.

b82REZ

The start of the bridge sequence. It booted back up and plays fine since thankfully.

Oh and those who don't really see the differences in Ray Tracing, just be aware that these consoles won't fully implement it, nor will MM make proper use of it that you'll notice as when swinging through the city they've done a great job of the look and reflections without it. However, it is very nice and a real next step all the same, and later down the line you'll hopefully see games that do take full advantage and not just graphically, but with sound design and A.I even too.
I'm past that bit, and so far no crashes. I did have to install in 4 times though so that might be why.

Bojan11

I heard bluepoint were working on a Bloodborne remake for the PS5 (and PC). Might be worth waiting for that considering they seem to have done a stellar job with the new Demon's Souls.
I hope you get one soon.

Can I say, what a tremendous job you did putting Elvis and his master Weaste in check when they were running loose on here and posting nonsense.

JB7

Does the TV not being central not bug the hell out of you?

Dan

@Alock1 Current set up (as I said, ignore the horrible cable management! I keep moving things around and haven't settled on a layout yet)

Also a small, and I mean very small, fraction of the games we currently have out to hand. (360/Gamecube ones are behind :lol:)
That Xbox 360 on the left is upside down. :lol:

Shark

@NotShark
Not sure if Bloodborne even needs a remake, just give us 60fps and it'll make such a difference.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history

I've had a couple myself that needed a reboot to clear. One just a minute ago when i was walking through the food market. Stopped to talk to someone and then couldn't move anywhere after.

Also it's loud as feck when I power it on from rest.

Shark

@NotShark
Days Gone, God of War, Bloodborne, Persona 5 - all games I'm looking forward to playing on the PS+ collection... once I've got the plat on Astro.
Have you played any of them? If not I'm super jealous you get to experience them with these boosts for the first time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Only games I played on it last night were Destiny 2 and gave Gran Turismo a whirl. Zero fan noise at all, hardly even broke a sweat. Impressive machines!

I'm actually happy that they made it a decent size to get better cooling. I'd rather have that than it sound like a jumbo jet taking off out of the room.

Tiber

Does the TV not being central not bug the hell out of you?
Maybe at first, but I can't get into the plugs if its any further over. This TV is too big for the stand, id love to mount it on the wall, but our house is timber framed and ive always been a bit cautious about mounting heavy things to the wall

ovoxo

That could be it :lol: On Cold War, I feel it could be a fun game but the skill based match making makes multiplayer tiresome.
Any chance they could update to correct the issue? I’m shit, so I’d like to play against people at my level.

Bosws87

Hoping they patch these bugs quickly, the manually clicking copy one then it deletes the game after you remove the disc is bizarre and also infuriating.

Its not even like it instantly starts installing there is a good 20/30 seconds it sits their and does nothing so a lot of people will fall victim to that.

b82REZ

Hoping they patch these bugs quickly, the manually clicking copy one then it deletes the game after you remove the disc is bizarre and also infuriating.

Its not even like it instantly starts installing there is a good 20/30 seconds it sits their and does nothing so a lot of people will fall victim to that.
The mouth breathing idiots :nervous: