Gaming PlayStation 5

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Think I might cancel my pre-order with Amazon. Other than Watch Dogs Legion and the new COD, there's nothing that really interests me and these are both cross-gen anyway. Might just wait 'til next year when more games are out.
I'm tempted to do that but at the same time I wanna bite the pill now and just play PS4 games in the mean time

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If I go on John Lewis I can see my order on there though so that's a plus.

EDIT: Not sure why this is blue but I'm keeping it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Very seem to have loads of stock... either that, or they're about to send a load of cancellations out tonight.

BristolRuss

So even though I had a message that said Order Confirmed with Argos apparently that was a lie. Back to square fecking one.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
So I have a confirmation email from Argos and the money is showing as taken from my paypal credit account already. It doesn't show it as a pending transaction either so I think this means Argos actually took the money.

Yet, folk are apparently saying Argos are cancelling some pre-orders? I'm preparing my outrage should this happen to me and it'll be supernova TNT mushroom cloud laying MFcker levels of rage.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Irish one is the same as the UK one. I’m back to work on Sunday so I won’t be able to browse like I am now.
Your best bet is to use Parcel Wizard/Motel and one of the UK sites. It'll work with Amazon, John Lewis, Uk Argos, Box I believe.

BristolRuss

What did they say?
Nothing. I didn't ever get a confirmation email and it doesn't appear under orders on my account. I tried doing the live chat thing and they had a message that said if you didn't receive an email within two hours it didn't go through and to try again.

AaronRedDevil

Irish Argos offers you to declare interest but apparently does not participate in pre orders. What is the point then?
Yeah it’s so stupid. Did it 3 days before the event and still nothing. It’s not even released on the Ireland Argos yet.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
How many of you are willing to pay the alleged £69.00 for a Sony first-party game?

That's taking the piss.
I actually don't think it is.

I cannot remember the last game I bought on disc - having been buying off of the PSN Store exclusively.

Main reason is so that both myself and my son can each independently play the game on our different logins. This straight away outweighs any savings I may be able to get from a disc version.

I also love not having to change discs - lazy I know but it's important to me!

But the bigger thing is that whilst the price of games is increasing as we move to the new gen, it is hard to argue that they are not value for money. Going to watch a 2hr movie at the cinema is going to be just under £20. I play a lot less now than I used to, but even so, have put hundreds of hours into some games. I have no idea how many hundred of hours I have spent playing GTA or FIFA or The Division with people on here! The value of those games that I bought on a per hour basis is huge!

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
So even though I had a message that said Order Confirmed with Argos apparently that was a lie. Back to square fecking one.
Seriously? Argos have really not covered themselves in glory, I’ve got over a grands worth of nothing pending with them.

Tiber

You had the text/email from argos and they still cancelled? what time did you order?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Seriously? Argos have really not covered themselves in glory, I’ve got over a grands worth of nothing pending with them.
Suerly it won't go through though? Argos won't confirm the transfer their end and it won't come out your account.

I had to send a phone back to Google the other week and they put a pending charge on my account for the replacement until they got the new one back. Nothing came out.

Tiber

Suerly it won't go through though? Argos won't confirm the transfer their end and it won't come out your account.

I had to send a phone back to Google the other week and they put a pending charge on my account for the replacement until they got the new one back. Nothing came out.
Yea, I recently spoke to my bank about a similar issue, I think it only goes into a holding/pending area of your own account in instances like this. The company involved doesn't actually take the money.

TrustInJanuzaj

No I don’t think the money will come out properly but it will remain pending for 4-5 days apparently which is quite a lot of money just to be stuck in limbo.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I actually don't think it is.

I cannot remember the last game I bought on disc - having been buying off of the PSN Store exclusively.

Main reason is so that both myself and my son can each independently play the game on our different logins. This straight away outweighs any savings I may be able to get from a disc version.

I also love not having to change discs - lazy I know but it's important to me!

But the bigger thing is that whilst the price of games is increasing as we move to the new gen, it is hard to argue that they are not value for money. Going to watch a 2hr movie at the cinema is going to be just under £20. I play a lot less now than I used to, but even so, have put hundreds of hours into some games. I have no idea how many hundred of hours I have spent playing GTA or FIFA or The Division with people on here! The value of those games that I bought on a per hour basis is huge!
And all those games you talk about already make huge profits while selling the game for £45.00. They are full of MTX. Them raising the price is a con. They're trying to trick people into it.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
What did I miss

I think at £70 I’ll be more careful with games I buy at launch but for games like God of War I’ve no issue.
I'll say this, the Sony single-player AAA games are really the only games that could make a fair argument for that price. Just solely for the fact that they don't tend to have MTX in them.

I'm not even sure how profitable they have to be. Their existence is to help sell consoles.

Bojan11

I'll say this, the Sony single-player AAA games are really the only games that could make a fair argument for that price. Just solely for the fact that they don't tend to have MTX in them.

I'm not even sure how profitable they have to be. Their existence is to help sell consoles.
If studio isn’t profitable, Sony will close it.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Yeah and that’s clearly their strategy, which is of course different to MS. There were some truly great new games this gen, hoping they continue that trend. Hopefully MS’ acquisition of studios will allow them to create some great games too because at the end of the day that’s the only reason we buy consoles.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nothing. I didn't ever get a confirmation email and it doesn't appear under orders on my account. I tried doing the live chat thing and they had a message that said if you didn't receive an email within two hours it didn't go through and to try again.
No email, but I was using the app and I got the whole "congratulations your order has been placed" message.
Did you get the text with the order no in it?

I didn't get a confirmation email, but got the text.

I'm not convinced on it as much as @Tiber and I guess I'm waiting for the cancellation more than believing this is the end of it.

Interested to see if you were in the same boat.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
If studio isn’t profitable, Sony will close it.
Maybe, but I don't think games like TLOU 2 and GOW would be made by a third party in 2220. They're allowed to have outrageous budgets for SP games because of how they are used to help shift consoles. I don't think the end goal with them is solely sales.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm quite old school and like my discs. That's because I've never really downloaded before!

But if I only play Fifa, GTA and maybe one other, should I just get digital? I can just play with others by taking the machine if I want to. Although that's rare.

Bojan11

I'm not convinced on it as much as @Tiber and I guess I'm waiting for the cancellation more than believing this is the end of it.

From HUKD

May of already been mentioned on here but didn't want scroll back through lots of pages. Just spoke to Argos on live chat and the lady states that confirmation emails will be sent out within the next 24/48 hours.

Bojan11

I'm quite old school and like my discs. That's because I've never really downloaded before!

But if I only play Fifa, GTA and maybe one other, should I just get digital? I can just play with others by taking the machine if I want to. Although that's rare.
If you buy 3 or 4 games a year then digital perfect for you. How’s your download speed?

Tiber

I'm not totally convinced either. If I ever have the chance to stick my name down on Amazon I probably would. But now I have paid Argos £450 upfront i'm just going to have to trust them not to feck it up. I do feel better about Argos than some of the sites which keep going up/down like Ebuyer and Very.

Many customers from game still haven't had a preorder email 30+ hours after ordering

TrustInJanuzaj

Everyone in this thread will try and put you off but I’ll tell you this much, once you go digital it’s hard to go physical again. The convenience of being able to quickly switch between games is just so good. Maybe I’m just a lazy bones though.

TrustInJanuzaj

I'm not totally convinced either. If I ever have the chance to stick my name down on Amazon I probably would. But now I have paid Argos £450 upfront i'm just going to have to trust them not to feck it up.

I do feel better about Argos than some of the sites which keep going up/down like Ebuyer and Very.

Many customers from game still haven't had a preorder email 30+ hours after ordering
I think your Argos order is a cert. Those of us who have had issues don’t seem to have had the full confirmation texts and emails that you have had so I wouldn’t worry too much.

Bojan11

Maybe, but I don't think games like TLOU 2 and GOW would be made by a third party in 2220. They're allowed to have outrageous budgets for SP games because of how they are used to help shift consoles. I don't think the end goal with them is solely sales.
It is.

And sooner rather than later, we will see some of these games on PC a year or two down the road to get more money. It has happened with Horizon and Death Stranding. Even though they said Demon’s Soul was a mistake, I can see that coming on PC in a year or two.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
From HUKD
Cheers. Interesting. Wonder if they'll work on releasing those over the weekend?
I'm not totally convinced either. If I ever have the chance to stick my name down on Amazon I probably would. But now I have paid Argos £450 upfront i'm just going to have to trust them not to feck it up. I do feel better about Argos than some of the sites which keep going up/down like Ebuyer and Very.

I'm constantly on the lookout for John Lewis and probably won't rest on my laurels until I get that order in.

Find the other 2 precarious and can't bring myself to trust them.