Gaming PlayStation 5

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
This sentence basically sums up your posting history on the caf :D
:lol: I'm glad someone pounced on that ;)

My personal view is anything above 60 isn't really needed with a controller with a mouse its instantly obvious when you are playing at 60 or below and it does effect your ability to play in shooters for definite.

With a controller the difference for me is negligible, tbf i'm just crap with a controller it amazes me how good some people are with them, so maybe its just me.
Of course it matters for controllers too. The more in the input is checked, the better and smoother games feel for a start.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I’m having a blast playing battlefield 1 again, To say it’s 4 years old the game has really held up Well.

Bosws87

Whats Nioh 2 like, love a fast paced hack n slash played the original is the 2nd one a decent upgrade.

Need my Ninja Gaiden fix.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Whats Nioh 2 like, love a fast paced hack n slash played the original is the 2nd one a decent upgrade.

Need my Ninja Gaiden fix.
From what I remember it's very decent and does enough different from the first to definitely warrant a playthrough. I think I had issues with the sluggish controls/collision detection thanks to the ropey fps but my gf played through it fine and they've probably patched it a lot since.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Couldn't get into Nioh at all. It has the same sort of difficulty that you associate with FromSoftare games (which I love), but Nioh didn't do it for me. Didn't find the world that interesting to explore, and without that, I didn't have the perseverance that you need in these games to overcome some of the boss fights.

Also the different fighting styles and upgrade system, etc, were overkill I thought.

dannyrhinos89

Am I mad for saying I dont like god of war?

I've tried numerous times to play it but I just get bored.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Am I mad for saying I dont like god of war?

I've tried numerous times to play it but I just get bored.
Nah I think it's crap too. Gameplay is boring, whiny characters who talk every five minutes, repetitive troll bosses.

Detractors get shot for saying it but if we band up and use each other for cover only one of us will die.

Edit - This isn't the Xbox vs PS5 thread. Sorry.

JP77

Is there no way to message people you play against? For example after playing somebody on Fifa you can see their name but no option to message them?

Bojan11

Is there no way to message people you play against? For example after playing somebody on Fifa you can see their name but no option to message them?
Do you want to abuse people?

You can invite them to a chat in messages. I am not sure why you would want to.

JP77

Do you want to abuse people?

You can invite them to a chat in messages. I am not sure why you would want to.
Years back 100% I'd have been sending those rage messages online on Fifa :lol:

Just genuinely wondered as couldn't see the option there. Was going to message somebody to say good game but couldn't see the option anywhere. Where's the messages section mate?

dannyrhinos89

Nah I think it's crap too. Gameplay is boring, whiny characters who talk every five minutes, repetitive troll bosses.

Detractors get shot for saying it but if we band up and use each other for cover only one of us will die.

Edit - This isn't the Xbox vs PS5 thread. Sorry.
it Is incredibly popular but it’s just not for me I guess. I did think it was repetitive but I’m a fan of A.C Valhalla which is the definition of repetitive.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
it Is incredibly popular but it’s just not for me I guess. I did think it was repetitive but I’m a fan of A.C Valhalla which is the definition of repetitive.
Same, I just never got how amazing the story was supposed to be, or at least didn't feel it had the same impact as it did for others.

It has a nice hero's journey thing going with Kratos going on a quest and learning the value of fatherhood. It also has the typical good vs bad saga, which is role-reversed a little by Kratos as a tragic hero and being a former DESTROYER OF GODS.

Nice ideas in theory but I felt it didn't really do anything unique with them. Loads of aspects made me feel like the game didn't trust me to connect certain details. It certainly had a nice world to look at though.

Not to riff on Sony or anything either because they've made similar very good games. The Last Guardian was amazing because of its subtlety. Even Uncharted was cool by virtue of not taking itself too seriously.

Last edited:

dannyrhinos89

Same and I never got how amazing the story was supposed to be, or at least didn't feel it had the same impact.

It has the whole hero's journey thing going with Kratos going on a quest and learning the value of fatherhood. It also has the typical good vs bad saga, which is role-reversed a little by Kratos as a tragic hero and a former DESTROYER OF GODS.

Nice ideas in theory but I felt it didn't really do anything unique with them. I also really disliked the dialogue of the kid, who spoke every five minutes and made me feel like the game didn't trust me to connect certain details.

But that's the point I guess - a lot of the game is based around the story. It really really really wants you to get what it's about. I'm not a fan of media that doesn't trust its viewer/player/reader.

Not to riff on Sony either because they've made similar very good games. The Last Guardian was amazing because of its subtlety. Even Uncharted was cool by virtue of not taking itself that seriously. Death Stranding is unique.

Something like AssCreed is a zone-out game so I think it's more likable.
I love a good story mode and I was looking forward to giving it ago again because as I’ve got older I found I appreciate single player games over multiplayer, mainly because my reflexes aren’t what they use to be. I can’t compete with the young ones anymore. So I like a nice story driven single player.

I loved uncharted games they’re probably the first Sony exclusive series that I really got into, played them all and loved them all. I’ve not tried last guardian but I think it’s one of those free games on Ps5 so I’ll look into when I’ve completed miles morales. (I can only play one game before the next)

A few of my mates have played death stranding and they didn’t really like it so I’ll likely give that a miss too or at least wait until it’s way down in price As we generally have the same thoughts with games.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Mad that some people can prefer Uncharted to God of War, they aren’t even in the same tier. GOW has the story, combat, world that just blows most games away.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Mad that some people can prefer Uncharted to God of War, they aren’t even in the same tier. GOW has the story, combat, world that just blows most games away.
Uncharted > GOW. Uncharted is a far more varied and fun game. If a new Uncharted came out for PS5 it would blow the new GOW away.

TrustInJanuzaj

Uncharted > GOW. Uncharted is a far more varied and fun game. If a new Uncharted came out for PS5 it would blow the new GOW away.
Honestly not a chance. The new GOW is one of the most anticipated games currently.

caid

God of Wars story wasn't even that good. The relationship and characters of Kratos and Atreus was very good. Everything else was shallow, tropey video game story 101.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Xbox fans hating on God of War in here must be the video game equivalent of "I voted remain but here are a million reasons I'm lying and actually voted leave" in the brexit thread.

TrustInJanuzaj

caid

Wow I stand corrected. Have to say though that’s almost thread worthy in itself as it’s pretty shocking to see some of those games at the top. How the hell is the superhero genre so massive!
Not that surprised by any there. Spiderman is quite high i guess, but hes a pretty popular character. Its probably a relatively easy sell.

acnumber9

It kind of sums up the lack of imagination in games in the PS4 generation that the top seller was a PS3 game. 5 of that list were remakes.

Bosws87

It kind of sums up the lack of imagination in games in the PS4 generation that the top seller was a PS3 game. 5 of that list were remakes.
Don't buy this at all its the population and the game buyers that don't have the imagination Call of duty is an example thrown in your face every year.

There is plenty of unique games they just don't sell in the numbers of the generic crap people eat up (cod/fifa/assassins creed)

When you stop rewarding reskins from activision, ubisoft and EA we might see some change.

acnumber9

Don't buy this at all its the population and the game buyers that don't have the imagination Call of duty is an example thrown in your face every year.

There is plenty of unique games they just don't sell in the numbers of the generic crap people eat up (cod/fifa/assassins creed)

When you stop rewarding reskins from activision, ubisoft and EA we might see some change.
To an extent. It’s not like a new GTA wouldn’t have sold in massive numbers though.

Lots of these ‘unique’ games, the likes of which they give away on PS Plus are shit though.

Bosws87

To an extent. It’s not like a new GTA wouldn’t have sold in massive numbers though.

Lots of these ‘unique’ games, the likes of which they give away on PS Plus are shit though.
Because they aren't rewarded for going away from the norm it makes no financial sense.

Dreams is ground breaking and pretty incredible for a console game, how many people have bought it or actually given it any time.

Plenty of what are considered critically excellent games which i'd guesstimate about 80% of Playstation owners haven't even heard of/tried.

acnumber9

Because they aren't rewarded for going away from the norm it makes no financial sense.

Dreams is ground breaking and pretty incredible for a console game, how many people have bought it or actually given it any time.

Plenty of what are considered critically excellent games which i'd guesstimate about 80% of Playstation owners haven't even heard of/tried.
Whether it’s the consumer or developers to blame doesn’t change the underlying point. The truth is it’s both.

hobbers

The major developers have all turned exceptionally vile and pretty much all deserve to collapse. But they wont because the world is full of idiots who are perfectly happy playing call of duty black ops 6 remastered, and all of ubisoft's latest reskins, and the latest fifa where literally the only changes are the introduction of new exploits and bugs that they then take the next 5 months to patch out.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Is this thing still impossible to buy? Just checked Amazon and it’s not available there. My son’s birthday is a month away, presume it’s a long shot getting my hands on one by then?
Pretty much. Ridiculous tbh :lol: scalpers definitely won this time around.