Gaming PlayStation 5

Bojan11

It's not just Sony though. AMD are the ones who supply the CPUs for the PS5 (and Xbox too) and they can't meet production even on their own products which then has knock on effects. I'm pretty sure Covid has also impacted the mining of the materials used to make chips and GPUs so there are less being made?

Plus demand for gaming has never been higher due to Covid. Combination of people being stuck at home and having loads of money saved makes demand higher than ever. PC gaming is just as bad, if not worse. Every decent component is either sold out or massively inflated in price right now.
Stop talking about PC gaming and other consoles in this thread. That goes against the thread rules set out at the bottom.

This thread is about PS5 news only. What is wrong with you?

Thank you very much.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
What is charge back and is that something we can try with her bank, natwest
I hope you get your money back but I do think it’ll be tough.
Cause you willingly sent the money, the bank could look at you as the scammer. You’re obviously not, but in other instances, people will try anything.

the frustrating thing is, is the amount of scammers, everywhere.
And they get away with it so much.

when I was trying to buy a pair of headphones on eBay, this guy was constantly ‘message me on WhatsApp’in his description. I flagged it to eBay 10 or so times and it never got took down.

without actually thinking about the logistics. It could so easily be preventable. People don’t need more than one eBay account. If you had to provide ID for example, before making an account. People would shy away from scamming.
But it’s not just eBay. They’re all as bad. Facebook, shpock etc. It’d amazing how many people unfortunately fall for these things, but without any comeback, why stop?

I bought a monitor from Shpock. He wanted bank transfer only and I refused. Said shpock have a way of being the middle man and I pay a small fee. After some reluctance, he agreed. He sent me an envelope with a sports direct receipt in it.
I don’t know what he was trying to do as I just claimed the money back, but he did send it special delivery (so he lost out on £6 :lol: )

I think he would have claimed he had proof he sent it. But the weight on his forged receipt was higher than what special delivery offer. It may have been a harder time if I didn’t see that error, but surely the post office could confirm the weight was a piece of paper and not a 32” ultra wide

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Stop talking about PC gaming and other consoles in this thread. That goes against the thread rules set out at the bottom.

This thread is about PS5 news only. What is wrong with you?

Thank you very much.
Disappointing to see you talk this like after all I've defended you on here.

red4ever 79

I hope you get your money back but I do think it’ll be tough.
Cause you willingly sent the money, the bank could look at you as the scammer. You’re obviously not, but in other instances, people will try anything.

the frustrating thing is, is the amount of scammers, everywhere.
And they get away with it so much.

when I was trying to buy a pair of headphones on eBay, this guy was constantly ‘message me on WhatsApp’in his description. I flagged it to eBay 10 or so times and it never got took down.

without actually thinking about the logistics. It could so easily be preventable. People don’t need more than one eBay account. If you had to provide ID for example, before making an account. People would shy away from scamming.
But it’s not just eBay. They’re all as bad. Facebook, shpock etc. It’d amazing how many people unfortunately fall for these things, but without any comeback, why stop?

I bought a monitor from Shpock. He wanted bank transfer only and I refused. Said shpock have a way of being the middle man and I pay a small fee. After some reluctance, he agreed. He sent me an envelope with a sports direct receipt in it.
I don’t know what he was trying to do as I just claimed the money back, but he did send it special delivery (so he lost out on £6 :lol: )

I think he would have claimed he had proof he sent it. But the weight on his forged receipt was higher than what special delivery offer. It may have been a harder time if I didn’t see that error, but surely the post office could confirm the weight was a piece of paper and not a 32” ultra wide
You wont see that money again now and i have experience in such things working as a forensic auditor and dealing with frauds. Usually you have a very small window to put a trace on the funds and attempt a recall. Fraudsters usually have fake accounts where the money comes into and then it is moved almost immediately and the trail becomes difficult. I hope you reported this to the police.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So despite me owning a PS4 since release, I never played through God of War. Obviously it's free on the PS Plus Collection on PS5 so I thought I'd give it a go. Surprise, surprise, it's actually really good! Who would have thought?

Probably about 8 hours or so in and having a really good time with it. I will say the upgrade system and the skills, etc, is a bit overkill. There's way too much going on, and the fast travel system ain't brilliant. But apart from that, it's great. I know they released a patch yesterday updating the game for next-gen, but I haven't downloaded that yet.

To b fair, the game already looks and plays great as it is.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So despite me owning a PS4 since release, I never played through God of War. Obviously it's free on the PS Plus Collection on PS5 so I thought I'd give it a go. Surprise, surprise, it's actually really good! Who would have thought?

Probably about 8 hours or so in and having a really good time with it. I will say the upgrade system and the skills, etc, is a bit overkill. There's way too much going on, and the fast travel system ain't great. But apart from that, it's great. I know they released a patch yesterday updating the game for next-gen, but I haven't downloaded that yet.

Enemies do scale accordingly but when you reach a certain level, main quest becomes easy. Try beating those Valkyries. They were extremely challenging for me even with upgrades

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Enemies do scale accordingly but when you reach a certain level, main quest becomes easy. Try beating those Valkyries. They were extremely challenging for me even with upgrades
Yeah, I don't think I've encountered them yet. I have heard they're supposed to be challenging, though. I assume they're a bit later on in the game.

caid

I wasn't a huge fan of Valkyries or the game in general tbh. Played it just after bloodborne and died a hell of a lot more times to a valkyrie with an unblockable attack that takes 3/4 of your health in one hit than any bloodborne boss. They were just kind of cheesy and annoying imo.
Combat felt sluggish and didn't flow until i'd unlocked a dozen various attacks, enemies ... were fine i guess. The rpg progression and crafting was shallow and didn't add anything positive to the game. Haldir or whatever was fun the first couple times but boring by the end. Exploring and travelling around I didn't really enjoy, kratos was a bit of a lump and going from playing journey or hell even anthem were travelling from one point to another was fun it just felt monotonous.
The story was very, very good. Mostly.
I'd still rate it as a solid 8/10 despite all that but it was just good.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Some numbers here from Sony for the third quarter of the fiscal year 2020, between Oct. 1, and Dec. 31, 2020.

4.5 million PS5 and 1.4 million PS4 units were purchased by retailers worldwide, which means that the grand total for PS4 as of Dec. 31 is at 115 million units.
PlayStation Plus subscriber total was at 47.4 million as of December 31.
PlayStation Network had 114 million monthly active users.
Sony is on track to match its goal of 7.6 million units by the end of March, despite not being able to fully meet the demand from customers.
Marvel’s Spider-Man Miles Morales recorded an estimated sell-through (to customers) of 4.1 million units by the end of December.
https://twinfinite.net/2021/02/ps5-sony-financials-q3-fy2020/

https://twinfinite.net/2021/02/ps5-sales-spider-man-miles-morales/

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Is it still impossible to get one of these in the UK?

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Is it still impossible to get one of these in the UK?
Not impossible, but you're probably going to have to get lucky.

PS5StockAlertUK (not sure if they're that reliable. Some say they are) are predicting these dates for new stock:

Argos - 04/02

GAME UK - 09/02

Very - 09/02”

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Just used the Cards feature (and in-game help specifically) for the HRA puzzle in Control. Pinned the video and then followed it. Great idea and I'm sold. Hope it gets used...

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
My brother bought a high end gaming PC and a PS5 which sort of killed any joy of buying a PS5 given how much more powerful the PC is. Not that it's a slight on the console, as PCs are always going to be more powerful. The PS5 is anyway all about being able to play high quality games especially exclusives at an affordable price. But interesting to see how a next gen console is next gen based on what you're used to really.

amolbhatia50k

And for all you who think 60fps is buttery smooth. It’s not even enjoyable to play at
I imagine 60FPS can feel a bit cheap if every game has it. But Doom 2016 which I'm playing now being an anomaly for me at 60FPS feels great for the kind of game it is. Death Stranding at 60 may have felt a bit shitty.

Shark

@NotShark
My brother bought a high end gaming PC and a PS5 which sort of killed any joy of buying a PS5 given how much more powerful the PC is. Not that it's a slight on the console, as PCs are always going to be more powerful. The PS5 is anyway all about being able to play high quality games especially exclusives at an affordable price. But interesting to see how a next gen console is next gen based on what you're used to really.
What GPU does the PC have? Think PS5 is equivalent to something like an RTX 2080.

Shark

@NotShark
And for all you who think 60fps is buttery smooth. It’s not even enjoyable to play at
Examples? I had to go back to 30fps for the first time in years to play The Medium at acceptable settings on my PC and is was downright painful.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Examples? I had to go back to 30fps for the first time in years to play The Medium at acceptable settings on my PC and is was downright painful.
Examples of what?
Apex and Warzone at 60 is bad once you're used to higher.
Also as The Division was a demanding game, when that dropped to 80-90fps you could really tell.

My comment wasn't a dig at the consoles btw.

It's so weird how, even for me, 30fps was the norm, acceptable and great to play at. It's just strange how your eyes adapt.
If I was a console gamer still, I'd think 60fps was amazing and there was no going back, but again, as I am not used to more, even 60 feels bad.

It's simply a case of, until you experience more, the norm is perfect.
In saying that though, I think playing on a bigger screen definitely softens the blow.
I played a plagues tale (great game btw) at 60 on the TV and for 95% of the time, that was fine

amolbhatia50k

What GPU does the PC have? Think PS5 is equivalent to something like an RTX 2080.
Haven't a clue tbh. I lost interest in PC gaming a long time back. It's something fancy CPU with a see-through side and three rings on the front which is about as far as my understanding goes. It apparently does run Cyberpunk buttery smooth with nearly everything tuned up.

Shark

@NotShark
Examples of what?
Also as The Division was a demanding game, when that dropped to 80-90fps you could really tell.

It's so weird how, even for me, 30fps was the norm, acceptable and great to play at. It's just strange how your eyes adapt.
If I was a console gamer still, I'd think 60fps was amazing and there was no going back, but again, as I am not used to more, even 60 feels bad.

In saying that though, I think playing on a bigger screen definitely softens the blow.
I played a plagues tale (great game btw) at 60 on the TV and for 95% of the time, that was fine
Oh right sorry just didn't know the angle you were coming from, that's fair enough. I've played games at above 60fps myself(Titanfall 2 being a recently one) but in my experiences the difference has never been as substantial as going from 30-60.

Shark

@NotShark
Haven't a clue tbh. I lost interest in PC gaming a long time back. It's something fancy CPU with a see-through side and three rings on the front which is about as far as my understanding goes. It apparently does run Cyberpunk buttery smooth with nearly everything tuned up.
Must look incredible :) be interesting to see what CDPR do with the PS5/Series X versions once they patch out all the bugs. Hopefully more than just graphical overall.

Hal9000

Probably about 8 hours or so in and having a really good time with it. I will say the upgrade system and the skills, etc, is a bit overkill. There's way too much going on, and the fast travel system ain't brilliant. But apart from that, it's great. I know they released a patch yesterday updating the game for next-gen, but I haven't downloaded that yet.

I was the same and i enjoyed it so much it took me ages to finish the main game. The challenges, the upgrading etc. I think i managed to get another 20/30 hours out the game.

amolbhatia50k

Examples of what?

Absolutely
to be fair that's like winning a "least awful person" award against Adolf Hitler.

Hitler being the series X, obviously.
:lol:

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
100%. What bugs me most though was the constant push back from people who had no idea what it actually means. Even now, despite being told otherwise, some STILL think it's all about visuals in terms of fps and there was that daft little debate about what the human eye can actually see :lol:. Some just have to force an opinion when it would be far better to either be willing to learn something, or back out of the discussion.

I'm glad people can now see what 60fps is like, it's great for us all that it's finally the norm on the consoles. I just hope lessons are learned and they listen when we say that is still behind the curve, wait until you experience 120/144 and above on a consistent basis.

Bosws87

100%. What bugs me most though was the constant push back from people who had no idea what it actually means. Even now, despite being told otherwise, some STILL think it's all about visuals in terms of fps and there was that daft little debate about what the human eye can actually see :lol:. Some just have to force an opinion when it would be far better to either be willing to learn something, or back out of the discussion.

I'm glad people can now see what 60fps is like, it's great for us all that it's finally the norm on the consoles. I just hope lessons are learned and they listen when we say that is still behind the curve, wait until you experience 120/144 and above on a consistent basis.
My personal view is anything above 60 isn't really needed with a controller with a mouse its instantly obvious when you are playing at 60 or below and it does effect your ability to play in shooters for definite.

With a controller the difference for me is negligible, tbf i'm just crap with a controller it amazes me how good some people are with them, so maybe its just me.