Gaming PlayStation 5

Deery

Dreary
I've just checked and I actually have 20 games installed. A fair few of them are indie games but still, if you can only fit two COD games on it something seems off.
Yeah it does seem like something is wrong maybe I got a dud one.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
A lot of you jumping on that £70! I don't think I've ever paid more than £45 for a PlayStation game. Might push it to £50 this gen but I'm not keen on that £70 price at all.
£60 was the most, and that was for Demon's Souls which I regret buying because I didn't really like it. Couldn't get into it at all. Got Miles Morales for £48. I'm not too interested in getting games on release if they're going to stick with the £70 price tag (which I think is a ridiculous price). There are so many older games I haven't played - and the PS Plus games - that I can wait for them to drop in price.

caid

I definitely wont be getting games on release at that price. Way too much to be a beta tester

hobbers

You won't be getting many games at launch this gen then
I'd maybe pay it for a game that had been out a short while and had strong reviews from actual gamers, like Demons Souls.

Anyone paying that sort of price to beta test the latest unfinished Battlefield, COD, Fifa, or other yearly generic trash, are the purest form of idiots.

Also goes for any game that announces plans for paid DLC content down the line. Like the rip-off Left 4 Dead game Back 4 Blood that's releasing in couple of months, trying to charge £60 for a base game that is going to have a £30 annual pass for additional content. And to have a good ongoing experience on multiplayer you're going to need that extra content. Disgusting chancers.

Bosws87

The only way bloodborne is coming to pc is if they remaster it or patch it for PS5.

Zero chance it comes to pc otherwise the uproar if you could play at unlocked framerate on pc and still stuck on the laggy mess which is the ps4 version.

b82REZ

Yeah it does seem like something is wrong maybe I got a dud one.
I don't think it's your console, it's just COD games are absurdly big nowadays. I had BLOPS3 and WW2 installed for Zombies when the console first released and both of those were bigger file sizes than any PS5 games. IIRC they were about 100gb. It was already well known Warzone needed around 250gb.

Tiber

I still haven't bought a disc since my PS5 arrived. 100% digital now.

I did think it would be nice to have the box for the new Mass Effect and put it with the originals, but im sick to death of games turning up late in the post. Better to have it on time than on a shelf

b82REZ

I'd maybe pay it for a game that had been out a short while and had strong reviews from actual gamers, like Demons Souls.

Anyone paying that sort of price to beta test the latest unfinished Battlefield, COD, Fifa, or other yearly generic trash, are the purest form of idiots.

Also goes for any game that announces plans for paid DLC content down the line. Like the rip-off Left 4 Dead game Back 4 Blood that's releasing in couple of months, trying to charge £60 for a base game that is going to have a £30 annual pass for additional content. And to have a good ongoing experience on multiplayer you're going to need that extra content. Disgusting chancers.
I agree on the live service games coming out at full price and then adding seasons passes etc to ring more money out. While I'll probably get Bound 4 Blood I will not be paying £70 for it if that isn't the full version.

The devs of Destruction Allstars have dropped the price to £20 today. I get the impression some companies don't want to go the full F2P model so are chancing charging consumers before going back on the decision.

I don't buy the games you listed because they all became bloated money grabs last gen, that's only going to continue this gen. I have no issue paying full price for fully fledged single player games, especially the Sony exclusives as they usually have more than enough content to justify the price.

Tiber

Still not sure about returnal.

And now we have destruction all stars without the cars

Tiber

Dodgeball games better include Peter LaFleur.

If you can dodge a wrench...

Bosws87

Returnal is going to be excellent, proven record of great arcade games.

Super fast, intense combat similar to the doom games it will be a banger.

Green_Red

Xbox online services would have to be down exactly when Sony are doing their state of play event.