Gaming PlayStation 5

Roux

Currently enjoying the Elden Ring closed network test - one of the best game i have ever played!

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I wonder when we will find out if Returnal will be at a good price for Black Friday. I realise Black Friday itself is a specific date, but you normally get the sales on PSN several days ahead of this

F-Red

Just managed to pick one up on Amazon this morning (all gone now btw). In two minds whether to keep or sell it, but going to have a look at games this evening which will steer my choice.

AaronRedDevil

Just managed to pick one up on Amazon this morning (all gone now btw). In two minds whether to keep or sell it, but going to have a look at games this evening which will steer my choice.
Yeah I saw that. It was BS that it's only available to Prime members. Also costing €530 not including delivery. Feck that. I'm trying to score one for a friend but no luck.

b82REZ

Rumoured discounts for Black Friday

* FIFA 22 - 40% off
* Far Cry 6 - 30% off
* Back 4 Blood - 30% off
* NBA 2K22 - 50% off
* Diablo Prime Evil Collection - 30% off
* Madden NFL 22 - 50% off
* Tales of Arise - 30% off
* Marvel's Avengers - 60% off
* Demon Slayer: Kimetsu No Yaiba - The Hinokami Chronicles - 30% off
* Resident Evil Village - 50% off
* Red Dead Redemption 2 - 60% off
* Deathloop - 50% off

b82REZ

Also apparently Tesco are doing R&C for £25.

Guardians of the the Galaxy is going to be £35 on the PS Store, apparently. I'll probably grab it for that price.

Irwin99

2021 has not been a great year for releases has it. Have got Hades planned for Christmas and that's all.

Roll on 2022. As well as the new games coming out i'm hoping Bloodborne gets a PS5 upgrade. Witcher 3 and CyberPunk are getting theirs next year so I can hope.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
2021 has not been a great year for releases has it. Have got Hades planned for Christmas and that's all.

Roll on 2022. As well as the new games coming out i'm hoping Bloodborne gets a PS5 upgrade. Witcher 3 and CyberPunk are getting theirs next year so I can hope.
I am on with Hades at the moment, I think it’s fantastic. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it too.

b82REZ

Bah no returnal on sale?
I've seen rumours on reddit it'll be 30% off, but that is one game that is worth the full price.

Far Cry 6 is currently £40 on amazon. I know it's the same shit as the last 3 with a new lick of paint but I always enjoy them.

Torn whether to get that or see if Guardians of the Galaxy does get a big discount as rumoured.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
If ratchet gets a big discount I would take the plunge on it. Really if I’m being sensible I shouldn’t buy anything as I still have a long back log to get through, but when am I ever sensible.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
PS5 is not worth getting atm if you've got a ps4. Only Elden Ring is worth looking forward to atm. None of the games so far are must haves.

Bosws87

PS5 is not worth getting atm if you've got a ps4. Only Elden Ring is worth looking forward to atm. None of the games so far are must haves.
If you like Elden Ring then the Demon Souls Remake is a must have, its incredible.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
If you like Elden Ring then the Demon Souls Remake is a must have, its incredible.
Already have but played the original to death. Remake is good but they could have made so many improvements beyond graphics

Bosws87

Is Elden Ring like Skyrim?
Its an RPG with stats levelling like Skyrim, its nothing like get a quest go do this talk to this person and so on though.

The game usually functions on killing a set number of bosses which eventually progresses you to the end, its basically left completely to you in what order or where you go.

The combat is actually good and requires a certain skill level to progress and punishes you super hard for any mistakes.

b82REZ

Same RPG elements?
You put points into things like strength, endurance but the gameplay is not like anything else really.

The Souls games have spawned their own subgenre of gaming. They're akin to 3d metroidvanias and are obviously much more difficult than Skyrim and other fantasy RPGs.

You may be best testing the water with an existing Souls game as many people are put off by the high difficulty and lack of hand holding.

TrustInJanuzaj

If you are a big gamer than PS5 is a monumental improvement on PS4 like literally another world in terms of speed, graphics, pretty much everything. If you are a casual gamer than I get it but the quality of life improvements alone are worth it even if you never buy another PS5 game.

TrustInJanuzaj

I've never understood the appeal of the Souls games myself. They just seem like hard work.
I really want to get into them. I actually have really enjoyed the first 15-20 hours of dark souls but then I just lack the hook. I feel like you really have to force yourself to play them which I struggle with. Maybe one day I’ll get through then but I suspect the open world nature of Elden Ring will appeal far more to me.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I've never understood the appeal of the Souls games myself. They just seem like hard work.
Same, I don't have the time or mental resilience to be punished and sent back to the beginning all the time. Tried them a few times, same outcome ... tears and frustration.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
If you are a big gamer than PS5 is a monumental improvement on PS4 like literally another world in terms of speed, graphics, pretty much everything. If you are a casual gamer than I get it but the quality of life improvements alone are worth it even if you never buy another PS5 game.
Glad someone said it :)

largelyworried

Is it quiet? Because I got a PS4 Pro not long ago and that thing is obnoxiously loud. Was wondering about picking up a PS5 just to play my PS4 games quietly.

AaronRedDevil

Yeah. I don't understand why they are so popular. I like enjoyment in my games. Hardest game I played was Cuphead. Nearly broke me. I died about 500 times in that game. I wish I was joking.

TrustInJanuzaj

Is it quiet? Because I got a PS4 Pro not long ago and that thing is obnoxiously loud. Was wondering about picking up a PS5 just to play my PS4 games quietly.
Mine is silent but afew have reported on a whirring disk drive. I think at worst it’s still negligible compared to the PS4. I went from the original PS4 and that thing sounded like a jet engine all the time. Many of the best PS4 games have also received PS5 updates which are night and day too. Well worth it personally.