Gaming PlayStation 5

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Single player games will rarely get into the most played list, though, multiplayer always will. You get 15 hours out of a single player game whereas people will play Fortnite and COD for hundreds of hours.

It's actually astonishing that Miles Morales is there given it's like 8 hours long, it must have sold a tonne.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Single player games will rarely get into the most played list, though, multiplayer always will. You get 15 hours out of a single player game whereas people will play Fortnite and COD for hundreds of hours.

It's actually astonishing that Miles Morales is there given it's like 8 hours long, it must have sold a tonne.
Yeah. There's a reason Sony have took a multiplayer focus recently, including PS+.

Ainu

Yeah I guess so, but I still find it fecking weird that someone would go through the trouble of getting their hands on a PS5 in the first year (we all know how difficult that has been) and then go on to play loads of Fifa on it. :lol:

Bosws87

The ultimate multiplayer experience, people don't half like some crap, sooner Call of Duty dies the better.

Warzone i can accept but the standard game its terrible.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
God yeh that isn’t a great top 10. But then I can’t talk I’ve absolutely rinsed Fifa this year and I’m currently replaying Skyrim for the 100th time.

TrustInJanuzaj

How does fortnight remain so popular. I could never get into it at all, thought it was shite. Is that just this generations minecraft?

Bosws87

How does fortnight remain so popular. I could never get into it at all, thought it was shite. Is that just this generations minecraft?
fortnite is actually a really high level skill ceiling once you get decent at it, mainly the building part.

think that’s the appeal it’s easy entry but can have an incredibly high ceiling

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Yeah I guess so, but I still find it fecking weird that someone would go through the trouble of getting their hands on a PS5 in the first year (we all know how difficult that has been) and then go on to play loads of Fifa on it. :lol:
What about Pure Pool? I'm addicted to that right now.

TrustInJanuzaj

fortnite is actually a really high level skill ceiling once you get decent at it, mainly the building part.

think that’s the appeal it’s easy entry but can have an incredibly high ceiling
Oh I’m not doubting it’s skilled. In fact that’s the reason I couldn’t get into it. You’d just shoot someone and they’d build a mansion in 0.5 seconds which was insane. I just hate the third person shooting element though, thought the gunplay was toss.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Oh I’m not doubting it’s skilled. In fact that’s the reason I couldn’t get into it. You’d just shoot someone and they’d build a mansion in 0.5 seconds which was insane. I just hate the third person shooting element though, thought the gunplay was toss.
:lol: This is exactly what happened with me when I first played. Ain’t got time for that so deleted it and never played it again. Apex is King.

TrustInJanuzaj

:lol: This is exactly what happened with me when I first played. Ain’t got time for that so deleted it and never played it again. Apex is King.
I loved Apex when it first came out. The diversity in that game is great. Like with all competitive shooters eventually i just get abit fed up of the loop. Honestly I loved Warzone too for a period, particularly that first lockdown. I’ll actually always look back at that time fondly and a lot of that was down to warzone. My issue with warzone is the game size. They can feck off taking a third of my PS5, no game is worth that and I like to play loads of single player games at once.

Smores

That's such a bad list but then i guess repetitive sport and shooter games are always going to be up there. Play time isn't money in the bank though.

It's a bit unfortunate that most of my top PS5 gaming were prior to April, since then it's been backlog games (Days gone, god of war, control).

Still want to try Returnal, Death Loop and Guardians mind you.

TrustInJanuzaj

There’s actually loads of games I want to play at this moment but just haven’t had time or they haven’t been on sale.

- Ratchet and Clank
- Riders Republic (anyone played this?)
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Far Cry 6
- it takes two (with my GF)

There’s probably something else I’m forgetting but I really would like to play most of these, just can’t commit to full price considering I still have a backlog to get through!

b82REZ

There’s actually loads of games I want to play at this moment but just haven’t had time or they haven’t been on sale.

- Ratchet and Clank
- Far Cry 6

There’s probably something else I’m forgetting but I really would like to play most of these, just can’t commit to full price considering I still have a backlog to get through!
I got a physical copy of It Takes Two off Amazon for £19.99 last week. Loving it.

AaronRedDevil

- Ratchet and Clank
- Far Cry 6

Yeah I’m just looking at FC6 atm so I’ll wait till Christmas to get it along with Life is Strange. I bought GOTG. My game of the year IMO. Great game.

RonaldoVII

Yeah... I mean who would do this? :nervous:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Isn't it bankrolled by Tencent? They must spend hundreds of millions a year making it stay relevant.
Think they own a 40 percent stake in Epic who are obviously the developers of the game.

They're the world's largest gaming company, I think. They seem to have their fingers in multiple pies throughout the gaming industry.

b82REZ

Think they own a 40 percent stake in Epic who are obviously the developers of the game.

They're the world's largest gaming company, I think. They seem to have their fingers in multiple pies throughout the gaming industry.
They're the Western face of the CCP.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
They're the Western face of the CCP.
Yeah, quite insidious what they're doing just reading a bit about it. Buying small stakes (or big in some cases) in multiple publishers and developers around the industry. Doesn't seem all that great, to be honest!

b82REZ

Yeah, quite insidious what they're doing just reading a bit about it. Buying small stakes (or big in some cases) in multiple publishers and developers around the industry. Doesn't seem all that great, to be honest!
They're undoubtedly data mining and feeding info back to their masters behind the great firewall.

It's hard to say what exactly they're involved in, but if you look into how they're basically turning China into Minority Report it's fecking scary.

Bosws87

You may aswell give up gaming if you are gonna worry about Tencent, they are everywhere.

b82REZ

You may aswell give up gaming if you are gonna worry about Tencent, they are everywhere.
That's a fecking stupid stance. Obviously I'm not going to give up gaming because of the insidious nature or Tencent and by extention the CCP. But to just stick your fingers in your ears about it doesn't help either.

They are getting more of a foothold in the western world and while you'd hope the governments in these countries would eventually intervene, they are up to no good.

How would you like it if eventually Tencent's facial recognition software was used by devs over here to kick you off games when you look tired? It's an extreme example but it could theoretically happen.

Bosws87

That's a fecking stupid stance. Obviously I'm not going to give up gaming because of the insidious nature or Tencent and by extention the CCP. But to just stick your fingers in your ears about it doesn't help either.

They are getting more of a foothold in the western world and while you'd hope the governments in these countries would eventually intervene, they are up to no good.

How would you like it if eventually Tencent's facial recognition software was used by devs over here to kick you off games when you look tired? It's an extreme example but it could theoretically happen.
You ain't gonna stop it so i wouldn't worry about it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Dying Light 2 in a month. Hopefully that's good. Been quite disappointed with most of the PS5 games so far.

Ainu

Dying Light 2 in a month. Hopefully that's good. Been quite disappointed with most of the PS5 games so far.
Not next month, it was delayed to February 2022 a while ago. I'm still very suspicious of that game, considering its development hell and the fact we haven't seen that much of it so far. Loved the first one but I'm keeping my expectations very much in check here.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Not next month, it was delayed to February 2022 a while ago. I'm still very suspicious of that game, considering its development hell and the fact we haven't seen that much of it so far. Loved the first one but I'm keeping my expectations very much in check here.
Oh ffs :lol: