Gaming PlayStation 5

Irwin99

Wish there was more stuff coming out that felt more "next gen". Feel as if my choices are very limited: demons souls, Returnal, ratchet and clank, and DeathLoop.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Finally managed to get my hands on one of these through EE.
Was meant to be delivered this morning.
Didn't arrive so I called to chase it up.
Turns out they lost the package... :lol:
That’s appalling. I tried getting one through EE and the site crashed and that was that. Got one from BT a day or so later, I didn’t trust that turning up and when it turned up I checked in the box to make sure it was a ps and then had to check inside the ps box to make sure there was a ps :lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Wish there was more stuff coming out that felt more "next gen". Feel as if my choices are very limited: demons souls, Returnal, ratchet and clank, and DeathLoop.
Deathloop whilst good, felt like it could’ve been a PS4 game.

Irwin99

Deathloop whilst good, felt like it could’ve been a PS4 game.
I nearly wrote that in my post but thought it wasn't fair since I haven't actually played it. It does look like a PS4 game though.

caid

New Horizon and Elden Ring will be out in February. It'll feel a bit more filled out by then.

Irwin99

New Horizon and Elden Ring will be out in February. It'll feel a bit more filled out by then.
Yep, looking forward to both of those but I think they're are also PS4 releases which probably means they're not utilizing all the PS5's capabilities I presume. It's obviously cool that more people can play them though.

b82REZ

I nearly wrote that in my post but thought it wasn't fair since I haven't actually played it. It does look like a PS4 game though.
Deathloop is probably still worth having a look at if you're struggling for something to play. I've been making slow progress with it but it's enjoyable.

You're right though, it doesn't feel next gen, but it's a solid enough game.

I'm also enjoying Back4Blood but that's more multiplayer focused and isn't really worth it unless you have at least one other person to play with.

caid

Yep, looking forward to both of those but I think they're are also PS4 releases which probably means they're not utilizing all the PS5's capabilities I presume. It's obviously cool that more people can play them though.
Games at that point of the life cycle are usually a bit choppy. It'll be a better experience on PS5

muller

Picking up the pulse headset later to go with COD tomorrow.. people still impressed by them?

muller

Great, cheers. I wasnt ever overly fussed about COD but when you play witha. group of mates.. it is pretty good fun :)

Bosws87

Cod looks as dreadful as ever a million angles to be shot from die in a split second spawns behind you constantly just pure trash, can't believe people still play that year in year out.

muller

Cod looks as dreadful as ever a million angles to be shot from die in a split second spawns behind you constantly just pure trash, can't believe people still play that year in year out.
Not a fan then...

Iused to think the same, then I started playing with some friends online and yeah, its good fun.

Think it loks good to be honest, looking forward to playing it when it gets delivered later. (Well.. maybe.. 312456321 hour download update probably first)

b82REZ

Not a fan then...

Iused to think the same, then I started playing with some friends online and yeah, its good fun.

Think it loks good to be honest, looking forward to playing it when it gets delivered later. (Well.. maybe.. 312456321 hour download update probably first)
If you like multiplayer focused games I'm enjoying Back4Blood. It also has cross play so you can play with the noisy neighbours if you want.

muller

If you like multiplayer focused games I'm enjoying Back4Blood. It also has cross play so you can play with the noisy neighbours if you want.
Yeah i've been tempted, watched a few reviews and it was a little mixed though. To be honest in the last 2 months ive bought..

Ps5
Pulse headset (really, really good actually)
F1
Rachet and Clank
Fifa (not out of choice, came with the console)
Sackboy
3 more controllers so I can play Sackboy with the family
and COD which is coming today..

May need to wait until the new year for more games! haha

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah i've been tempted, watched a few reviews and it was a little mixed though. To be honest in the last 2 months ive bought..

Ps5
Pulse headset (really, really good actually)
F1
Rachet and Clank
Fifa (not out of choice, came with the console)
Sackboy
3 more controllers so I can play Sackboy with the family
and COD which is coming today..

May need to wait until the new year for more games! haha
That's dedication, I just play the PS4 version and use my DS4s. That's a bit of an outlay there how much was all that?

b82REZ

It's a piece of crap sound quality wise but I have not used any other gaming headset so it might be better than the others.
Have you adjusted the settings to suit your ears? They don't have crap quality at all, but when I first got them they sounded a bit, echoy is probably the best way to describe it, until I adjusted the output to suit my ears.

Bosws87

Got a pair of pulse Headphones don't really use them just use my Arctis Pro Wireless on both PC and PS5.

3D sound is just a gimmick from the short time i used it just the same as headsets have been using Virtual surround sound since forever.

Bosws87

Not a fan then...

Just found the superior game in apex legends but that's more warzone then standard Call of Duty.

Think its a real struggle for a decent standard multiplayer shooter on consoles these days, think pc is the place for them well on PlayStation for sure.

Irwin99

Does anyone use a pulse headset and how is it? Is it worth the rather expensive price? At the moment I just use regular headphones but I do prefer gaming with them now as opposed to going without.

muller

That's dedication, I just play the PS4 version and use my DS4s. That's a bit of an outlay there how much was all that?
Yeah a bit but.. in truth last christmas I asked for money for a ps5 from my wife, family etc etc.. So saved most of it!

muller

It's a piece of crap sound quality wise but I have not used any other gaming headset so it might be better than the others.
I got them in the end. Love them. Played Rachet and Clank and F1 yesterday for a few hours and thoroughly enjoyed the sounds.. maybe you need to adjust?

Bosws87

Does anyone use a pulse headset and how is it? Is it worth the rather expensive price? At the moment I just use regular headphones but I do prefer gaming with them now as opposed to going without.
Decent for the price but any headset around that price range would be negligible difference.

Not the most comfy in my opinion.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I found the headset really uncomfortable but I recognise I'm in the minority. It just felt really tight and ended up making me feel sick.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I know what you mean. Literally every major title is still being released on PS4. I don’t remember the same thing with PS3 a year into the PS4’s life.

Bosws87

I know what you mean. Literally every major title is still being released on PS4. I don’t remember the same thing with PS3 a year into the PS4’s life.
Yeh there wasn’t a pandemic when they released which made stock scarcely available.

This wasn’t planned it’s their only option in the current climate, unfortunately.

GeorgieBoy

So due to a mix up, and impatience on my part (thinking DPD had lost my parcel; only for it to be found), I've ended up with and paid for two PS5s. I could return it but suspect there may be one or two of you who are keen to get your hands on one?

If anyone is keen I have a PS5 disc edition with a white controller and also an extra black controller. All unboxed. Face value is £509.99 and naturally would be sold at this price. If there is anyone on here who wants one just drop me a message.

Only issue is I would feel much more confident meeting in person to pass it on. I'm based in Manchester.

Cheers.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
So due to a mix up, and impatience on my part (thinking DPD had lost my parcel; only for it to be found), I've ended up with and paid for two PS5s. I could return it but suspect there may be one or two of you who are keen to get your hands on one?

If anyone is keen I have a PS5 disc edition with a white controller and also an extra black controller. All unboxed. Face value is £509.99 and naturally would be sold at this price. If there is anyone on here who wants one just drop me a message.

Only issue is I would feel much more confident meeting in person to pass it on. I'm based in Manchester.

Cheers.
@Rado_N Gran Turismo 7 is out soon and you need one.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeh there wasn’t a pandemic when they released which made stock scarcely available.

This wasn’t planned it’s their only option in the current climate, unfortunately.
I thought that too, but aren't they still selling more PS5s than they did PS4s launch aligned?

I think they planned for less sales hence the longer cross gen period, but moves they made wrt the chip shortage situations improved the availability even though there still sold out, mad! :confused:

Crazy demand! ...but yeah, Horizon is gonna be a masterpiece regardless.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
So I own all the binding of isaac versions on ps4, but if I want the ps5 version of the repentance expansion I have to buy the 49.99 complete ps5 edition.

Repentance expansion on ps4 version is £15.99

feck me I guess.