Gaming PlayStation 5

Minkaro

I’m six hours into Ratchet and Clank and it’s great. Each weapon or item adds another dimension to gameplay, and layer upon layer of fun.

I love the humour of these games too.

caid

General consensus seems to be that it's somewhere between mediocre and terrible. Even for free I wouldn't waste my time on it.
Mediocre was my experience. Just kind of bland really. I only played it for an hour or two to be fair.

Hoof the ball

Guardians of the Galaxy has an 81 on Metacritic right now from 67 critics. That's a big surprise. Was fully expecting this to be Avengers level of average.

Skill Up seems to love it too.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Could anyone help on how to know when stock comes into stores. I’ve seen on MEN that they have when stock has last come into GAME, AO etc but that’s no good as it’s already out of stock everywhere. Seems like you need to know when stock is arriving in certain stores somehow.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Could anyone help on how to know when stock comes into stores. I’ve seen on MEN that they have when stock has last come into GAME, AO etc but that’s no good as it’s already out of stock everywhere. Seems like you need to know when stock is arriving in certain stores somehow.
Just type ps5 stock alerts Twitter in Google. That worked for me, just kept checking every morning and grabbed one fairly easily.

diarm

Never really keen on the grapple hook / swing mechanics in a lot of games, always seems proper clunky.

The simplicity of HZD made it great imo.
I would've said the same thing about bows and arrows before HZD. I've faith in them getting it right.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I would've said the same thing about bows and arrows before HZD. I've faith in them getting it right.
Looks pretty right already, animation looks nice and fluid and the combat looks much improved.

Never really keen on the grapple hook / swing mechanics in a lot of games, always seems proper clunky.

The simplicity of HZD made it great imo.
It's the same people making it so I'm sure it'll be similar, just expanded.

Tiber

I went back and replaced Spiderman and got the platinum. What a fecking brilliant game.

b82REZ

I’ve got Deathloop. Seems decent so far. Nothing groundbreaking but a good bit of fun.
I've started playing this properly this week. Took me a while to get into it but I'm loving it now.

I think it's problem is it front loads you with too much information at the start and IMO made normal features seem overly complicated. I've just infused my fourth slab. Now just need to figure out how to coordinate all the visionary kills in one day.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I've started playing this properly this week. Took me a while to get into it but I'm loving it now.

I think it's problem is it front loads you with too much information at the start and IMO made normal features seem overly complicated. I've just infused my fourth slab. Now just need to figure out how to coordinate all the visionary kills in one day.
Yeah it took me a bit but once you get into it it's good. I did have one of my loops ruined by an online player coming in as Juliana though :lol: I had so much Residuum and the cnut absolutely destroyed me. Was satisfying when I actually killed one of them though.

b82REZ

Yeah it took me a bit but once you get into it it's good. I did have one of my loops ruined by an online player coming in as Juliana though :lol: I had so much Residuum and the cnut absolutely destroyed me. Was satisfying when I actually killed one of them though.
I kept getting invaded at the worst possible times so I've switched it to friends only. I've still been invaded by AI Julianna though.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Just type ps5 stock alerts Twitter in Google. That worked for me, just kept checking every morning and grabbed one fairly easily.
Seen from a stock alerts page on Twitter that EE would have stock 8:30 this morning. Waited, waited and when 8:30 arrived the site crashed then showed maintenance page for 2 hours :wenger:

can see this being fun trying to get hold of one of these for Christmas

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Seen from a stock alerts page on Twitter that EE would have stock 8:30 this morning. Waited, waited and when 8:30 arrived the site crashed then showed maintenance page for 2 hours :wenger:

can see this being fun trying to get hold of one of these for Christmas
It was available on Amazon an hour ago according to Twitter, gone now though.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What big/good games are on there? And for how long?
And that is definitely the problem with the service. They have some but often aren't permanent.

This is quite a good resource though - you can filter by metascore, length, genre, if they have a plat, timed availability etc. I definitely wouldn't pay the 50 for the service but 25, lower than a PS+ subscription, is tempting.

muller

I’m six hours into Ratchet and Clank and it’s great. Each weapon or item adds another dimension to gameplay, and layer upon layer of fun.

I love the humour of these games too.
Agreed. Love it. Desperately trying to finish it to a good level before COD next week.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
And that is definitely the problem with the service. They have some but often aren't permanent.

This is quite a good resource though - you can filter by metascore, length, genre, if they have a plat, timed availability etc. I definitely wouldn't pay the 50 for the service but 25, lower than a PS+ subscription, is tempting.
Tempting indeed... Cheers I'll check em out.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I ordered one from BT this morning, would never have known about if not for you saying about the Twitter stock alerts so thank you! Fingers crossed it turns up now, it’s still processing at the mo.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I ordered one from BT this morning, would never have known about if not for you saying about the Twitter stock alerts so thank you! Fingers crossed it turns up now, it’s still processing at the mo.
Nice. Fingers crossed it all goes through for you now.

JohnZSmith27

I wasn't expecting anything huge but so far this might be worst State of Play I've seen. Still time though.