Gaming PlayStation 5

b82REZ

So I own all the binding of isaac versions on ps4, but if I want the ps5 version of the repentance expansion I have to buy the 49.99 complete ps5 edition.

Repentance expansion on ps4 version is £15.99

feck me I guess.
That's ridiculous.

Repentance is excellent though. Is it out on the Switch now as well? I might pick it up for that if it's normal but I'm not dropping £50 for it on PS.

GeorgieBoy

So due to a mix up, and impatience on my part (thinking DPD had lost my parcel; only for it to be found), I've ended up with and paid for two PS5s. I could return it but suspect there may be one or two of you who are keen to get your hands on one?

If anyone is keen I have a PS5 disc edition with a white controller and also an extra black controller. All unboxed. Face value is £509.99 and naturally would be sold at this price. If there is anyone on here who wants one just drop me a message.

Only issue is I would feel much more confident meeting in person to pass it on. I'm based in Manchester.

Cheers.
Sold to someone from here.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Anyone got Vanguard? Any good?
I think I’d need something special to bother buying. The mode I play most is Warzone, for which I don’t need to buy it. Which makes me more inclined to buy Battlefield 2042.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think I’d need something special to bother buying. The mode I play most is Warzone, for which I don’t need to buy it. Which makes me more inclined to buy Battlefield 2042.
Looks like it has similar issues to Cold War - bad spawns, run for 30 seconds then get shot from someone in a completely random position. Just going off vids though. I’m going to wait

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Enjoying it so far tbf, although what Veeva just said applied. Very fast paced, quick spawns, never short in action.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I still can’t find one of these to buy anywhere. I’m pretty much given up and stopped looking. I’m not the type to sit online and desperately refresh for stock updates.

At this point I doubt I’ll get one until late 2022 when hopefully you can just walk in a store and pick one up at a whim.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve been waiting for some prices to drop for certain games but I’ve just seen that fecking Sackboy is still £60. It was a release game ffs. Not giving me hope for any of the others.

Bestie07

Got mine delivered over the weekend. This is the first time I have bought a PlayStation but from what I have gathered so far, I pretty much have to buy the PlayStation plus membership as well for playing any of the games online.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ve been waiting for some prices to drop for certain games but I’ve just seen that fecking Sackboy is still £60. It was a release game ffs. Not giving me hope for any of the others.
Second hand?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Second hand?
Yeah maybe. Tbh I’m waiting for Far Cry but I’ve read about some issues with it so I don’t think I’ll buy it until it’s patched.

The PS Store is so uninspiring. I’ve just spent ages looking for something, anything to play and it’s all so shit/overpriced.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah maybe. Tbh I’m waiting for Far Cry but I’ve read about some issues with it so I don’t think I’ll buy it until it’s patched.

The PS Store is so uninspiring. I’ve just spent ages looking for something, anything to play and it’s all so shit/overpriced.
Im waiting for Far Cry to support keyboard and mouse on the PS5. Love the series but I suck on action games with a controller.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

AaronRedDevil

Finished Guardians of the Galaxy. I've very little to critique about it. The music is great. The dialogue with the rest of the team was fun to listen too. Combat is fun, the world's are vibrant and fun to run around in. Plenty of collectibles for unlockable Outfits. Liked that they gave Drax more attention with his backstory and other heartfelt moments with the rest of the squad. All the characters were well voiced. Great story. Good villain and the other characters you meet were great too. Lady Hellbender is....thiccc. If you like the Spider-Man game, you'll definitely like this. Very enjoyable.

robinrooney

So due to a mix up, and impatience on my part (thinking DPD had lost my parcel; only for it to be found), I've ended up with and paid for two PS5s. I could return it but suspect there may be one or two of you who are keen to get your hands on one?

If anyone is keen I have a PS5 disc edition with a white controller and also an extra black controller. All unboxed. Face value is £509.99 and naturally would be sold at this price. If there is anyone on here who wants one just drop me a message.

Only issue is I would feel much more confident meeting in person to pass it on. I'm based in Manchester.

Cheers.
Just to tie up a loose end, I bought this from @GeorgieBoy. All round nice guy and everything is as he said.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
First Class Trouble is absolutely hilarious with a group of mates.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
First Class Trouble is absolutely hilarious with a group of mates.
I’d love to try that with mates but can only echo other posters in terms of mates. I gave it a quick go and I like that proximity chat feature and hugging people. :lol:

IrishBlue1

Supports
Everton
I still can’t find one of these to buy anywhere. I’m pretty much given up and stopped looking. I’m not the type to sit online and desperately refresh for stock updates.

At this point I doubt I’ll get one until late 2022 when hopefully you can just walk in a store and pick one up at a whim.
I would expect stock to be more available in the coming weeks.
There was this story from last week: https://www.videogameschronicle.com...-in-ps5-consoles-to-meet-uk-christmas-demand/

Also, yesterday for the first time ever Sony created/opened a Sony Direct store where you can buy directly from them:
https://www.videogamer.com/news/playstation-direct-online-store-opens-in-the-uk/

The site only went online yesterday and it has no stock yet but I would expect there to be consoles available soon:
https://direct.playstation.com/en-gb/buy-consoles/playstation5-console

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Not just me replaying Skyrim with the PS5 upgrade is it?
I don't think I've actually ever played Skyrim ... But always seen everyone bang on about it so this may be the time to give it a go for 30mins then whinge about clunkyness and never play it again

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not just me replaying Skyrim with the PS5 upgrade is it?
Yep I’ve just started another playthrough. Best game of all time for me by a distance. Must have about 2000 hours in Skyrim and I still discover new things to do and I’ve never had a playthrough where I’ve done everything in a single world. Incredible game!

Bosws87

That top 10 of most played games is downright depressing.
Sure is actively encouraging lazy development and the same games reskinned over and over again its like the movies now gaming has been taken over by the casual.