Gaming PlayStation 5

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Yeah, they said there'll be more time to speak about the games later in the year but they're speaking about hardware today.

TL;DR? Booooooooooooooooooooooooring.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Mark Cerny has the sort of voice we need right now; it's like butter. Even if some of the stuff is way over my head :lol:

Castia

Not sure what i was expecting but it wasn't this.

Feels like im in a science lecture, general a fecking snoozefest.

The guy has been talking about SSD's now for what feels like 2 weeks.

Bojan11

Are they trying to put people to sleep? I rather have buzzwords than this.

AaronRedDevil

Just basically explaining the specs of how powerful it is and saying the same thing over and over with different words. Specs, teraflops, RAM, SSD, etc....for 50 mins. I was kinda hoping for a look at the PS5. PC players. This is you’re fault for jizzing over graphics. Thanks!

Ainu

So expandable storage is the same as Xbox.
Not really, because the Xbox uses custom cards. Cerny said this will support M.2 drives commercially available on the market.

Edit: or at least certain brands and models, it sounds like not all will fit. Still a pretty good solution I'd say.

padr81

Supports
Man City
They weren't kidding on the deep dive part, the guy is going to explain everything down to what the developers have for breakfast in building it.

Bojan11

Not really, because the Xbox uses custom cards. Cerny said this will support M.2 drives commercially available on the market.
He said certain brands. Xbox are working with Seagate. Both operate the same way. You can’t play next gen games with any old external HDD. You can play BC games on them.

Bojan11

And it’s not even 1tb SSD.

It is 825GB. They really aiming for £400 with these specs.

Ainu

He said certain brands. Xbox are working with Seagate. Both operate the same way. You can’t play next gen games with any old external HDD. You can play BC games on them.
Xbox may work with Seagate but it's still custom cards, not standard M.2 NVME SSD's which were referenced here. They don't operate in the same way, Series X has a slot for their custom card (like a micro sd) while PS5 will have a bay to install your SSD.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Guess need to see how much those Xbox memory cards cost. How much do the M2 drives cost typically?

Bojan11

Xbox may work with Seagate but it's still custom cards, not standard M.2 NVME SSD's which were referenced here. They don't operate in the same way, Series X has a slot for their custom card (like a micro sd) while PS5 will have a bay to install your SSD.
And both will be pretty much the same price. If you want expandable storage on next gen consoles it will cost a bomb.