Gaming PlayStation 5

Irwin99

Might drop a little but when you realize the budget needed to make these games now its hard to argue against them.
That's kind of a problem I have to be honest; I haven't played Assassin's Creed Valhalla and have no intention of doing so but the map size and how pretty it looks is diminished by how incredibly bloated/grindy it seems and boring the story looks (from the few hours I've seen on Twitch...again, admittedly I've not played it). If that's the kind of justification for upcoming price rises and the sheer amount of people needed to make a game then I kind of wish they'd scale it back a bit.

...But who am i kidding, I know I'll end up buying this. (Edit - the console, not AC:V )

Bosws87

That's kind of a problem I have to be honest; I haven't played Assassin's Creed Valhalla and have no intention of doing so but the map size and how pretty it looks is diminished by how incredibly bloated/grindy it seems and boring the story looks (from the few hours I've seen on Twitch...again, admittedly I've not played it). If that's the kind of justification for upcoming price rises and the sheer amount of people needed to make a game then I kind of wish they'd scale it back a bit.

...But who am i kidding, I know I'll end up buying this.
Well Witcher 3 is huge and from a quick google is $85million, Cyberpunk is over $300million and more then likely a smaller game then the witcher its more the detail required in modern games rather then the length/size.

Hoof the ball

...But who am i kidding, I know I'll end up buying this. (Edit - the console, not AC:V )
Again, another person who hasn't played it calling it bloated and grindy. As is shown by the overwhelimg reviews, the game is not grindy on the least. Almost every review of the game has established that levelling up through side quests is nothing like Odyssey. It's a 40/50 hour main story that can be completed without touching side quests, etc.

Irwin99

Again, another person who hasn't played it calling it bloated and grindy. As is shown by the overwhelimg reviews, the game is not grindy on the least. Almost every review of the game has established that levelling up through side quests is nothing like Odyssey. It's a 40/50 hour main story that can be completed without touching side squats, etc.
The streamer I've been watching on Twitch has subtitled his third video of AC:V as 'The Grind begins'. Again, I stress that I've not played it so you're right, I shouldn't comment on that. I thought Odyssey was decent enough but 70 quid would be way too much for a game of that quality.

Bojan11

The streamer I've been watching on Twitch has subtitled his third video of AC:V as 'The Grind begins'. Again, I stress that I've not played it so you're right, I shouldn't comment on that. I thought Odyssey was decent enough but 70 quid would be way too much for a game of that quality.
It’s not £70. Ubisoft kept pricing from current gen.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Thing with twitch streams is all they ever do is stream and that's their life, every game would be a grind to me if I felt forced to play it every day for my viewers. Even the best games I'd end up hating.

Irwin99

It’s not £70. Ubisoft kept pricing from current gen.
I meant in the future, with games of that quality/content and taking something like Odyssey as an example . If I played a game of similar quality and design for the PS5 and paid 70 quid I'd feel it wasn't worth it.

passing-wind

Absolutely dreading having to try and buy this in the UK on the 19th. I had no intention of getting the console due to business commitments but given the reoccurring lock downs it's now a "why not" option.

During my time looking at sneaker exclusives I remember all these opportunists using bots to buy stocks from retailers and re-selling at extortionate prices 24 hours later. Something tells me with the high demand for the PS5 + Sony's rubbish supply chain management (4 million units less) + bad logistics = queuing for product, 5 mins, sold out, shopping cart empty.

littlepeasoup

Absolutely dreading having to try and buy this in the UK on the 19th. I had no intention of getting the console due to business commitments but given the reoccurring lock downs it's now a "why not" option.

During my time looking at sneaker exclusives I remember all these opportunists using bots to buy stocks from retailers and re-selling at extortionate prices 24 hours later. Something tells me with the high demand for the PS5 + Sony's rubbish supply chain management (4 million units less) + bad logistics = queuing for product, 5 mins, sold out, shopping cart empty.
All that's needed to solve the issue with arseholes trying to profiteer over the demand for these consoles is some stoicism on behalf on consumers, and refuse to buy them for inflated prices. These items aren't exclusive like sneakers, there will be millions more made in due time, and if people would just resist the urge to overspend, and wait a few more months then this problem wouldn't exist.

The people that buy consoles from scalpers on ebay, etc. are almost as bad as the scalpers themselves.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
My son says he isn't going to worry to much about getting one yet as the games are rubbish so far. What says the Caf?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
My son says he isn't going to worry to much about getting one yet as the games are rubbish so far. What says the Caf?
Same reason I'm holding off for a while.

Demon's Souls looks good, same with Spiderman: Miles Morales but not so good that I'm rushing out to spend €500+ to play them. I'll give it 6 months or so to see what else comes out.

Cyberpunk will keep me busy on the PS4 for a while yet anyway.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Demons Souls looks like a real contender for best Launch title in generations, but beyond that neither machine has anything new to speak of. There's no real need to rush if he isn't bothered.
Gaming is primarily social for him. He tends to play Call of Duty type games with his US mates and FIFA with his Aussie mates when they come on line late at night CA time. FlFA on PS5 got 0.8/10 on some review site he reads so he isn't in a hurry. The new GTA is when he is aiming to get one I think.

Deery

Dreary
Got my dispatch email from Amazon you need a special code to sign for it so should be here tomorrow all being well, haven’t got a game yet but I’ll download COD tomorrow, then maybe give this Demons Soul a bash..

Traub

Gaming is primarily social for him. He tends to play Call of Duty type games with his US mates and FIFA with his Aussie mates when they come on line late at night CA time. FlFA on PS5 got 0.8/10 on some review site he reads so he isn't in a hurry. The new GTA is when he is aiming to get one I think.
So the PS6 then.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Thanks again to @Pogue Mahone for giving me the heads up about Amazon dropping the pre-orders. Right place, right time and I'm now in a position to expect one tomorrow :drool:

binary bot
Got excited when Smyths started my dispatch tracking on Monday but it hasn't changed since :lol: The tracking seems to imply they haven't picked it up

b82REZ

Nah doesn't look like it does it, that's fine with me though. Tomorrow I'm all set.
I've spent weeks convincing myself something would go wrong and I wouldn't get it on release day. When they email was sent last night I flipped the other way and assumed it would come today. I cleared my PS4 away last night in preparation

Leg-End

I've spent weeks convincing myself something would go wrong and I wouldn't get it on release day. When they email was sent last night I flipped the other way and assumed it would come today. I cleared my PS4 away last night in preparation
If it comes tomorrow then I'm more than happy, the lottery of just pre-ordering is good to get through. I've got one last gaming session lined up with the PS4 tonight and then it shall be retired (and given to the girlfriend to watch movies on).

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Honestly I'd give it another year before the quality is consistently available. There's no need at the moment to be fighting over either a new PS or Xbox, for me atleast. Demon Souls looks great but those games dont tend to interest me and the new Spidey game looks ok but I have the unpopular opinion that Spider-Man on the PS4 was quite underwhelming in parts.

Sanchez7

Has anyone had their amazon order ship? I ordered some other stuff last night from them and it has already shipped while the PlayStation hasn’t :nervous:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Money taken by Amazon & my account showing that it’ll be dispatched today for delivery tomorrow. They’re using fecking Hermes of all companies :nervous:

Dave_MUFC

Money's been taken by Amazon for the PS5, no dispatch email yet but in Birmingham there's 3 or 4 warehouses in the area, so shouldn't be too problematic :drool:

Dave_MUFC

Money taken by Amazon & my account showing that it’ll be dispatched today for delivery tomorrow. They’re using fecking Hermes of all companies :nervous:
Where do you live? Most people with Hermes from Amazon I've heard from so far have been in NI or non prime.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
:lol: thats you fecked then, it will end up in birmingham at their 'undeliverable' pile to be stuck on ebay

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Where do you live? Most people with Hermes from Amazon I've heard from so far have been in NI or non prime.
Live in Solihull. I’ve got Prime so really not sure why they’re using those cnuts at Hermes.

Bojan11

Live in Solihull. I’ve got Prime so really not sure why they’re using those cnuts at Hermes.
Because they don’t want the same situation like last week with the Series X.

It’s good news from them as it means everyone should get theirs tomorrow if they using other couriers to help with delivery.