Gaming PlayStation 5

CallyRed

I wouldnt pay attention to that Argos status. I've received items and yet still have the order is being processed message.

Dave_MUFC

Amazon took my money, my order still hasn't been dispatched, but now says 'Arriving Tomorrow by 10pm'.

Given there's a set time, does that mean it should be shipped by Amazon themselves? Or would that still happen with another courier?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
If I check on Amazon mine actually says dispatched today - delivery appointment scheduled. No email yet. Says arriving tomorrow though.

Dave_MUFC

If I check on Amazon mine actually says dispatched today - delivery appointment scheduled. No email yet.
I think delivery appointment is about this OTP I've heard about.

Apparently you'll be sent a password you'll have to give to the driver for proof of delivery.

Quite smart, to avoid the mess that happened in the US with packages being delivered to wrong addresses, or stolen and marked as delivered etc.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think delivery appointment is about this OTP I've heard about.

Apparently you'll be sent a password you'll have to give to the driver for proof of delivery.

Quite smart, to avoid the mess that happened in the US with packages being delivered to wrong addresses, or stolen and marked as delivered etc.
Yeah that would be good. Should be standard for most things this expensive.

Bojan11

Don't be too harsh when it does!
When did you change your number? Hope the guy who has your old number doesn’t get your tracking link and decides to pause delivery or send it somewhere else.

Saw that happen once on macrumours forum. Some poor guy uploaded his full tracking info and people changed the date of delivery.

Oh and Royal Mail are sending texts for Very orders.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
ps5's being bought by CEX for 650 quid, that'll really test the morals of people who had a spare for a friend/family member.. like.. me.. :wenger:

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
When did you change your number? Hope the guy who has your old number doesn’t get your tracking link and decides to pause delivery or send it somewhere else.

Saw that happen once on macrumours forum. Some poor guy uploaded his full tracking info and people changed the date of delivery.

Oh and Royal Mail are sending texts for Very orders.
Probably about 6 years ago now. I'll get in touch with Argos later and change it, you can't just log in and change your number which is annoying.

Dave_MUFC

Depends on your area. They will dispatch early in some places and late till 2am for other areas.
Yeah I have a feeling that if Amazon is delivering themselves, the more rural area you live in, the earlier you'll get a dispatch update, as they'll need to prep and get the delivery out earlier.

Whereas I'm in the city, a couple of miles from a warehouse, so they might leave it till quite late since it should be a straightforward delivery alongside a fair few houses nearby.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
my Very is coming from Yodel, also showing as at depot waiting for delivery tomorrow :drool:

rotherham_red

Has anyone heard anything from Argos this week? Would have hoped for a further update by now after their flurry of texts during the last two weeks.

Bosws87

Money has been taken from Amazon now just waiting the holy dispatch email!