Gaming PlayStation 5

vanthaman

Winner
Got a pre order in at game last night so should be good. Might pre order at shop to or amazon and cancel the game order though

lilcurt

I pre ordered at GAME at 11.38PM but haven't received a confirmation email or had funds taken from PayPal. I took a screenshot of my order number on the thank you page but worries this will be cancelled now as others have received emails.

Do I order again from Amazon, this happened to anyone else?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I pre ordered at GAME at 11.38PM but haven't received a confirmation email or had funds taken from PayPal. I took a screenshot of my order number on the thank you page but worries this will be cancelled now as others have received emails.

Do I order again from Amazon, this happened to anyone else?
Perhaps order again from Amazon just as a back up, you can always cancel when you get confirmation from Game.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
I didn't realise you could pre-order until I saw this thread, how was the release date not in that video last night? No longer on the Game site, or at least it isn't loading for me. I'm amazed at the £350 price point, expected at least £500. How much is the version with the disc slot?

Perhaps order again from Amazon just as a back up, you can always cancel when you get confirmation from Game.
Have you got a link to it on Amazon? Not on there for me.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I didn't realise you could pre-order until I saw this thread, how was the release date not in that video last night? No longer on the Game site, or at least it isn't loading for me. I'm amazed at the £350 price point, expected at least £500. How much is the version with the disc slot?

Have you got a link to it on Amazon? Not on there for me.
The release date was announced last night?

The disc version is £449, same as the Series X.

Amazon pre-orders go live at 9am apparently so just waiting til then.

b82REZ

Are people taking their conformation email as gospel? I've received a confirmation email from Very but I'm still worried I won't get it on release.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Are people taking their conformation email as gospel? I've received a confirmation email from Very but I'm still worried I won't get it on release.
Not sure how it works, do retailers just take all the pre-orders then cancel a few? (Seeing as they'll be expecting some people to cancel their pre-orders anyway?)

Going to pre-order with Amazon and Argos hopefully then cancel one closer to release day.

Bojan11

Yes because GAME and Smyth ran out of stock fairly quick. So they must have allocated a certain amount for online. Else they would be taking orders right now.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Not sure how it works, do retailers just take all the pre-orders then cancel a few? (Seeing as they'll be expecting some people to cancel their pre-orders anyway?)

Going to pre-order with Amazon and Argos hopefully then cancel one closer to release day.
Argos have said pre order on Friday.

Turnip

I can't remember the last time I got something I pre-ordered on the release date. I'd prefer to pre-order at an actual store personally. Gonna be the same price everywhere anyway.
The release date was announced last night?

The disc version is £449, same as the Series X.

Amazon pre-orders go live at 9am apparently so just waiting til then.
Wow, £100 extra for a disc drive? Got me wondering if thats worth it. If it had a bigger HDD or something I'd probably go for it though, not seeing that mentioned anywhere though.

b82REZ

I've never preordered a console. I'd like to think it works on a first come first serve basis but it's not unheard of thay retailers cancel orders. I order from Very a lot though so I'll probably give them the benefit of doubt I will get this on the 19th. I might cover all bases and still order from Amazon later.

What is strange is I'm yet to see any PS5 games for preorder. I ordered Cyberpunk at the same time as the console, but that's still the PS4 version.

Turnip

I've never preordered a console. I'd like to think it works on a first come first serve basis but it's not unheard of thay retailers cancel orders. I order from Very a lot though so I'll probably give them the benefit of doubt I will get this on the 19th. I might cover all bases and still order from Amazon later.

What is strange is I'm yet to see any PS5 games for preorder. I ordered Cyberpunk at the same time as the console, but that's still the PS4 version.
Smyths has a few games, they ain't cheap...
https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-5/c/SM060461

Heardy

I’m embarrassed to ask but how will digital work? Do you just download all games from PlayStation network from PlayStation network? Will the memory be sufficient to maintain a decent library of games / saves?

shabz

In the queue for GAME, about 6 people in front of me and 10 people behind. They said all would be able to get one, if anyone else wanted an idea about stock instore. It's not the biggest GAME store by any means either.

Leg-End

I have the same feeling but I've never had a problem preordering games through Very so maybe I should have more faith
Did you get your email confirmation and sms? If you did I think it’s all good. If they have now taken down the digital for pre-order that makes me feel more confident they had stock levels.

b82REZ

Did you get your email confirmation and sms? If you did I think it’s all good. If they have now taken down the digital for pre-order that makes me feel more confident they had stock levels.
I got an email immediately

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Me too. Mine is saying pre-order confirmed but still shows the price as £0.01. However, the extra controller, charging dock and headset all have an option to confirm the order, despite saying pre-order confirmed, and those display the correct price.

@afrocentricity How about you, mate?
Same, shit is selling out everywhere. :nervous:

gaz1185

I have the same feeling but I've never had a problem preordering games through Very so maybe I should have more faith
I ordered mine from Very about an hour ago, got a SMS & email immediately, usually means your order is safe in regards to Very.

If it helps ease the worry, I pre-ordered my PS4 with Very and it arrived on release day with no problems :)