Gaming PlayStation 5

Leg-End

I did the pre-register thing with ShopTo a month ago and it says pre-order confirmed, I'm happy enough to trust it but I guess will know for sure tomorrow.

Tiber

Amazon seems to have gone live in Germany, UK will probably follow soon

Tiber

Interesting digital v physical stat. Steam won me over to digital games a long time ago, but I didn't realise the numbers had reached such a high % on PS4

This is the flip side of the coin

Last edited:

redshaw

For a current example of a game released a few months ago.

FF7 Remake is still £60 on PSN, it's £40 for the disc version on amazon and used sells for ~£25 on ebay. For me I don't know when or how often these PSN sales are or when they'll likely kick in for newish games at what percentage. Any time I look at PSN it's top end price.

Tiber

For a current example of a game released a few months ago.

FF7 Remake is still £60 on PSN, it's £40 for the disc version on amazon and used sells for ~£25 on ebay. For me I don't know when or how often these PSN sales are or when they'll likely kick in for newish games at what percentage. Any time I look at PSN it's top end price.
I don't know about that particular game, but there are a lot of sales on PSN, some obviously better than others.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I don't know about that particular game, but there are a lot of sales on PSN, some obviously better than others.
Which is why saying there’s always sales is a bit of a poor response to people questioning the value of a digital only box that can’t take external codes. What if you want that game? You have to wait months til it’s on sale again or pay a daft price?

It’s time people in here admitted it’s not the Series S killer they desperately want it to be because of the initial price.

Just to be clear that's FF7 for £60 on PS. It's £6.99 on Xbox from CD Keys (there's of course no PS version on there).
And £60 for AC Origins on PS. £11.49 for Xbox from CD Keys (again, no PS version).

Tiber

Which is why saying there’s always sales is a bit of a poor response to people questioning the value of a digital only box that can’t take external codes. What if you want that game? You have to wait months til it’s on sale again or pay a daft price?

It’s time people in here admitted it’s not the Series S killer they desperately want it to be because of the initial price.
I bought a physical, haven't thought all that much about the digital version. Though I will say that I absolutely would have went digital for 100 quid less upfront if I didn't have PS4 games I want to use on the new box.

All through PS4 I have bought a small number of games on day 1 and the rest digitally when they go on a sale.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I bought a physical, haven't thought all that much about the digital version. Though I will say that I absolutely would have went digital for 100 quid less upfront if I didn't have PS4 games I want to use on the new box.

All through PS4 I have bought a small number of games on day 1 and the rest digitally when they go on a sale.
I get the reason for going digital in theory. Just not those touting it as good value. It just doesn't seem that great an idea on PS though, with hardly any games being available outside of the PSN store.

Tiber

Hello,

The Sony PlayStation 5 will be available for pre-order on Amazon.co.uk on Thursday 17 September after 9:00 am BST.

Controllers and other accessories will also become available for pre-order throughout the day. Stock is extremely limited and we expect demand to be high.

If you have trouble placing an order while the stock is available, or if we have sold out, we encourage you to keep checking back during the pre-order period as we may release additional stock.

We will make every effort to deliver all pre-orders as soon as possible once the PS5 is released. If you pre-order, we will email you with an estimated delivery date, however this may be subject to change.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at Amazon.co.uk.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk

Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that can't accept incoming e-mail. Please don't reply to this message.

shabz

Going to my local GAME tomorrow to pre order as I have a gift voucher and they can only be used for in store purchases. I hope the queue isn't massive and I'll be able to get in and out and get to work in good time.

Tiber

Going to my local GAME tomorrow to pre order as I have a gift voucher and they can only be used for in store purchases. I hope the queue isn't massive and I'll be able to get in and out and get to work in good time.

Obviously a different company, but seems like the gamestop stores in the US are getting around 10 physical and 2 digital each. So you should get in the second they open if you want one.

Game haven't actually taken my money yet and I haven't received a confirmation email. But their whole website is wonky atm, you can't even log in, everyone has to purchase as a guest and miss out on nearly 2k reward points. Thankfully I got my pre-order in not long after they went live so I should still be ok.

paulscholes18

Bit rubbish that game’s login isn’t working, hopefully there will be a way to redeem the points.

Edit: just saw you get a £5 vulture when you collect it

Last edited:

Brocky

I did the pre-register thing with ShopTo a month ago and it says pre-order confirmed, I'm happy enough to trust it but I guess will know for sure tomorrow.
Me too. Mine is saying pre-order confirmed but still shows the price as £0.01. However, the extra controller, charging dock and headset all have an option to confirm the order, despite saying pre-order confirmed, and those display the correct price.

@afrocentricity How about you, mate?

Bojan11

Obviously a different company, but seems like the gamestop stores in the US are getting around 10 physical and 2 digital each. So you should get in the second they open if you want one.

Game haven't actually taken my money yet and I haven't received a confirmation email. But their whole website is wonky atm, you can't even log in, everyone has to purchase as a guest and miss out on nearly 2k reward points. Thankfully I got my pre-order in not long after they went live so I should still be ok.
You should be fine. What gives me faith is digital is out of stock. So they obviously had a limit rather than taking as many preorders as they can.

They haven’t taken any payment from me just pre-authorisation from my PayPal account.

Tiber

Game are now offering 4 listings. None of them digital, they had about 10 earlier.

Gives me faith they actually have enough stock for the orders already taken

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They said it would be released tomorrow and then out of nowhere just released pre orders at like 7:30pm. Thankfully snuck in at 9pm when I checked at Wal Mart, but only got the disc version. Discless was sold out everywhere, bestbuy and eb games both sold out of disc versions (or eb games not even working for a few hours until now saying sold out). Extra $100 but feck it, went for it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I get the reason for going digital in theory. Just not those touting it as good value. It just doesn't seem that great an idea on PS though, with hardly any games being available outside of the PSN store.
Tbh I haven't bought a physical copy of a game in years. Digital would 100% be the way to go for me but with it being sold out, went for disc version... though its undoubtedly uglier. Ah well.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
I've always struggled to get decent prices from psn. I have the odd game picked up in a sale but overwhelmingly whenever I've looked for a specific title it has always been around 10-15 cheaper to pick up in physical form. Even when new and excluding Amazon.

Pretty unforgivable state I say.

Last edited:

red4ever 79

Hi all, some questions. Which model is the best to choose digital v disk? How many games would you be able to download to the digital copy?

If I get a PS5 do I need to upgrade my tv? It is a standard HD one :)

Apologies if the questions are dumb. Ive had every PS just lost track on the technology side over the past couple of years

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Hi all, some questions. Which model is the best to choose digital v disk? How many games would you be able to download to the digital copy?

Apologies if the questions are dumb. Ive had every PS just lost track on the technology side over the past couple of years
TV : You might want to upgrade if you have the budget, but it is not absolute must if it supports HDMI 2.0 and you are okay with not having 4k resolution (i assume its not 4k, if it is then there is even less reason for you to upgrade).

Digital and Disc will allow you access to same games only difference will be that with Digital, you cant resell your old games , cant access used markets and you will lose out on Blu ray disc player. If these things dont matter to you, then there is no difference at all between model.

If you can afford 100$ extra, Disc version gives you best of world, with Digital you are at mercy of Sony for deals.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

Just to be clear that's FF7 for £60 on PS. It's £6.99 on Xbox from CD Keys (there's of course no PS version on there).
And £60 for AC Origins on PS. £11.49 for Xbox from CD Keys (again, no PS version).
FF7 remake is not available on Xbox you gimp. You’re referring to the 1997 original.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

It’s 825gb so it really depends how big the games are, but it should be enough for 8-12 at any one time I’d say, if not more. You can always delete a game and redos load it though, or expand your storage.

Bojan11

The preorder mega thread on resetera is 172 pages in 8 hours.

Seems digital version there are less in stock compared to the disc, which makes sense as most will opt for disc. So if you want the digital for launch then you going to have to be fast. Same with accessories.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
PS5 dimensions and weight
PS5 size: Approximately 390mm x 104mm x 260mm, or 15.4" x 4.1" x 10.2" (width x height x depth)

PS5 weight: 4.5kg or 9.9lbs

PS5 Digital Edition size: Approximately 390mm x 92mm x 260mm, or 15.4" x 3.6" x 10.2" (width x height x depth)

PS5 Digital Edition weight: 3.9 kg or 8.6 lbs

For comparison

PS4 Pro dimensions and weight
PS4 Pro size: Approximately 295mm × 55mm × 327mm, or 11.6" by 2.1" by 12.9" (width x height x depth)

PS4 Pro weight: 3.3 kg or 7.3 lbs

Bojan11

What good is Friday! Might pre order with Amazon later just as a back up, assuming they won’t charge until dispatch?
(Feck Mike Ashley)
They shouldn’t charge and it’s good to have a back up. Game didn’t charge me, I don’t think. They just wanted to check I have the money.