Gaming PlayStation 5

Anybody having issues with the size?

I tried putting it on top of the TV stand like the X but it's far too big and ugly. I thought the Series X was big but this is massive.

I put it in one of the slots instead. I definitely underestimated the size as with the stand it fills most of the space.

The stand itself is far from an elegant solution, I can't tell if I've done it properly and when I was plugging hdmi in or if I moved it slightly it would come out.

I can't get to the disc drive without lifting the console up and worried it'll come out of the stand every time I do :lol:

Would people be concerned with ventilation here?

Gonna set up now and go grab Spiderman from Argos.

Mine would go in a similar sized slot so wondering this as well.

To be honest with you guys, I'd be very wary of that little ventilation. It is an awkward machine to be sure, but you really want as much air around and to keep it clean. (For example, my day 1 pro has always been in open air and cleaned and I've never had the excessive fan noise).

I mean it's not going to be a problem short term and for short sessions, but we especially don't know how it's going to handle heat over long term and long gaming sessions.

868GgwQ.png

ugh

Same. Worst bit is I bought mine, sent the link to my group, my mates all copped aswell and now theirs all got delivered 9ish this morning just in the next neighbourhood and I'm still waiting :lol:

I've received an update email from Yodel to say that my parcel has gone missing, so won't be delivered today, even though it was tracked as having arrived in the local depot at 4:44am today. I spoke to someone on their live chat service and apparently it has been scanned as "stolen", so they advised that I contact the sender to receive a refund. However, having queried that a bit further, they then said that I will receive an update within 24 hours - so, is it "stolen" or not? What a joke.
I was in a similar situation with Amazon a month ago, having bought a laptop and Hermes (oh how much I hate them) were supposed to deliver it. Once it got to 'it will be delivered today', Hermes suddenly said that 'external circumstances' delayed my parcel. That went on for almost 2 weeks when Amazon finally admitted it was lost (having worked in a delivery company in my past, I can safely say that about 90% of 'lost' valuable parcels, especially ones in their original packaging, are indeed stolen by the staff) and they sent me a replacement.

Why can’t you put it next to the X?

Cause it's feckin huge and ugly and I don't live alone (unfortunately)

To be honest with you guys, I'd be very wary of that little ventilation. It is an awkward machine to be sure, but you really want as much air around and to keep it clean. (For example, my day 1 pro has always been in open air and cleaned and I've never had the excessive fan noise).

I mean it's not going to be a problem short term and for short sessions, but we especially don't know how it's going to handle heat over long term and long gaming sessions.

Hmm

Cheers. Have to figure something out.

I won't play it unless it's plugged in all the time but there isn't really a good place to put it that'll meet the missus requirements and isn't a concern with my 3 year old.

Might just have to risk it for the short term.

Cause it's feckin huge and ugly and I don't live alone (unfortunately)

Hmm

Cheers. Have to figure something out.

I won't play it unless it's plugged in all the time but there isn't really a good place to put it that'll meet the missus requirements and isn't a concern with my 3 year old.

Might just have to risk it for the short term.

I'm sure you'll be fine for now mate, but I'd plan to move it longer term. (as for the bubba, I hammered it home into my little ones at that age to NEVER touch the tv or that area, takes some time but they really do get it if you are consistent! Never ever had so much as a hand print on a screen :D).

Now tell me you are going for Demon Souls!

The delivery girl just told me two vans have been held up stealing PS5’s, crazy!

What exactly did I do wrong in a past life?

I tested positive for the Rona last week (my partner had it so it was kinda unavoidable), my PS5 is late and now my internet is down for 2-5 days because of an external fault on the line.

in my basket 10 times, tried to buy now and it failed every time

Looks like that’s it. Bastards.

Around when will we be able to buy one at will? Mid jan I'm assuming? I remember the ps4 was not easy to purchase at all.

Surely it's not a big surprise that PS5's are impossible to get hold of?

I'm seeing stories of over 100,000 in the waiting list on certain sites. But what do people expect on release day?! I find it hard to have any sympathy for those who didn't pre-order and are now crying on social media because they can't get one.

Anyone who was that desperate for one could have been playing it by now if they'd pre-ordered, you snooze you lose!

Wasn't pre ordering a ball ache as well? Having to get lucky the websites even loaded to let you pre order? And at those times people could have been at work so had no chance anyway.

Yeah still more than an hour though so no chance of that

I'm the same, I've gone for a dearer bundle in the hope that there are more of them left and got the Mrs on the console only.

I'm hoping some will have dropped out of the queue after amazon got stock for a minute