Gaming Playstation VR2 | 22nd Feb 2024: Testing compatibility with PC, hoping to release in 2024

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Ffs, I leave for a minute and Lambs starts picking on people!
As usual mate, got a little bored and yanked a chain. Laced with plenty of truth though ;)

On VR news, I so nearly took up the offer of one of these today. I'm definitely getting the itch now, but I've been so good! Doesn't help I still haven't cracked open my G923 yet...

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
As usual mate, got a little bored and yanked a chain. Laced with plenty of truth though ;)

On VR news, I so nearly took up the offer of one of these today. I'm definitely getting the itch now, but I've been so good! Doesn't help I still haven't cracked open my G923 yet...
Get it and send it me.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Welp, I don't think I'm getting my headset tomorrow.

It still says 'preparing to ship'.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Just checked the era thread and it looks like people who ordered horizon bundle are not getting it sent out for tomorrow.

I had the standalone bundle ordered and then canceled it for the horizon bundle :(

Last edited:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Ok, my order has shipped at last! At least, that's what the email says.

My charging station has not shipped, though.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
My charging station did not arrive, though. So, not sure if that's lost as the tracking is broken!

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Just checked the era thread and it looks like people who ordered horizon bundle are not getting it sent out for tomorrow.

I had the standalone bundle ordered and then canceled it for the horizon bundle :(

Let's go!
:lol:

Now I’m going to have to avoid buying it despite likely watching and reading as much about it as possible

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Mines out for delivery, same with the charging station as you - it's now saying beginning of March. Wonder if there's a shortage of them over and above headset shortages?
Not sure. I doubt it's a shortage.

My first impressions of PSVR 2 are amazing! I love it

It took me a good while to get used to controls in horizon. Anyone getting that game should turn off the default controls. They are horrible. You have to hold square and X and move your arms to move. I could not get the hang of it, at all. So, I switched to using the sticks like an fps and it's much better

The initial set up is super slick.

It said my room was not big enough for room scale vr, so i just tricked it into thinking my room is bigger than it is because I'm not moving my bed to play this thing.

My biggest dislike is that to switch to the camera to show your room you have to press a button on the headset. They should have put this button on the controller!

Oh, and the controllers come half charged.

I've only played Horizon and I'm loving the climbing. One thing I didn't expect is that the enemy fights are on rails.

Edit: You can get to the see through mode using the controller. Press the PS button and do it from menu

Last edited:

Drawfull

It took me a good while to get used to controls in horizon. Anyone getting that game should turn off the default controls. They are horrible. You have to hold square and X and move your arms to move. I could not get the hang of it, at all. So, I switched to using the sticks like an fps and it's much better

It said my room was not big enough for room scale vr, so i just tricked it into thinking my room is bigger than it is because I'm not moving my bed to play this thing.

My biggest dislike is that to switch to the camera to show your room you have to press a button on the headset. They should have put this button on the controller!

I've only played Horizon and I'm loving the climbing. One thing I didn't expect is that the enemy fights are on rails.

Edit: You can get to the see through mode using the controller. Press the PS button and do it from menu
Sounds good, thanks for the HCotM tips. I'm still sat waiting. Normally the courier comes around now... So today he'll rock up at 9pm, probably.

Drawfull

Sorry to tag again, is Horizon a code or physical?

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
WFH and this has just arrived....... Really hard to go back to work not gonna lie

Drawfull

I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time staring at the Horizon coupon looking for the code, before I saw it was a scratch off deal. Downloading that now and charging controllers. Picked up a few more games as well so I've Horizon, Village, GT7, Kayak, Jurassic, Moss 1 & 2, Thumper, Rez and Tetris, the last 3 being 'cheap' upgrades.

It's super light, to the point of feeling a bit rickety would be a minor negative, but the rest of the set up was cool, eye tracking works despite my eyes, the controllers are mahoosive (the USB C is in a weird position), the camera pass through especially and the roomspace setup is better than my other headsets but strangely I do miss the weightiness of the Quests and wireless OG Vive. I'm sure that won't be a prob going forward as I get used to it. Cat thinks the cable is for her.

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I spent an embarrassingly long amount of time staring at the Horizon coupon looking for the code, before I saw it was a scratch off deal. Downloading that now and charging controllers. Picked up a few more games as well so I've Horizon, Village, GT7, Kayak, Jurassic, Moss 1 & 2, Thumper, Rez and Tetris, the last 3 being 'cheap' upgrades.

It's super light, to the point of feeling a bit rickety would be a minor negative, but the rest of the set up was cool, eye tracking works despite my eyes, the controllers are mahoosive (the USB C is in a weird position), the camera pass through especially and the roomspace setup is better than my other headsets but strangely I do miss the weightiness of the Quests and wireless OG Vive. I'm sure that won't be a prob going forward as I get used to it. Cat thinks the cable is for her.
Keep on with the honest impressions mate!

Bosws87

Look forward to the reviews from people but can't help but feel it will just be a niche thing that dies of support a few years in again like the last time.

Whoever bought the pulse headset, it's crap don't bother.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Put another 2 hours into horizon and yeah, I was feeling it at the end. I had not felt sick using it until that moment. Maybe 2 hours is my max? I dunno. Probably get used to it. Horizon is basically a climbing sim with some combat thrown in. It's special when you have to make your pick axe or arrow types!

Bosws87

Put another 2 hours into horizon annd yeah, I was feeling it at the end. I had not felt sick using it until that moment. Maybe 2 hours is my max? I dunno. Probably get used to it. Horizon is basically a climbing sim with some combat thrown in. It's special when you have to make your pick axe or arrow types!
I haven't looked at horizon or how it plays but generally the only real time it causes a big problem is when its a first person game and you have full movement/motion on the controls then it conflicts with your brain as your sat down/stood up stationary but moving within the game.

Never had a problem with the ones that let you move freely in open space or the teleport like system alot of the games employ for movement.