Gaming Playstation VR2 | 22nd Feb 2024: Testing compatibility with PC, hoping to release in 2024

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
The assets in Red Matter are so good that I went to lean against a wall that wasn't there :lol: First time that's happened to me in VR.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I forgot this thing existed

sony have somehow made less effort with this then the first edition

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Forget Sony it has a shit load of games on it already. We don't even know what Sony have for PS5 past Spider-Man and Wolverine.... They're asleep at the wheel there

Last edited:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton

Forgot AAA but there are plenty of good to great indy games available. For instance, I finished Red Matter 2 and I was really surprised with hhow few devs it has.

The game is pretty good and it looks stunning. A bit of a let down of an ending, though.

Oh, I guess another positive is that it has a really easy platinum. My first VR Plat.

Shark

@NotShark
For anyone interested NMS now officially has foveated rendering on PSVR2. Super crisp visually now.

Shark

@NotShark
Perfect news. I’ll be loading that back up asap. Perfect VR game.
Really is the perfect VR game and I'd go as far as saying it's now got the potential to move units for Sony after the update. The resolution boost really enhances the experience now.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Really is the perfect VR game and I'd go as far as saying it's now got the potential to move units for Sony after the update. The resolution boost really enhances the experience now.
Been playing it for a few days now and it’s brilliant. I dare say it’s finally the game it was always meant to be.

The sense of scale and wonder is pretty insane in VR and the update has cleaned the visuals up very nicely.

I mean to actually complete it this time. Switched down to relaxed setting also. Don’t want the mind to be bogged down in grind.

Volumiza

Been playing a game called synth riders. It’s a pretty good rhythm game in its own right but some of the tracks are listed as ‘experience tracks’. Wow.

These tracks have upgraded backgrounds and a level of narrative that elevate them to brilliant levels.

I downloaded a couple of Muse experience tracks and was blown away. This is what I need from VR. The level of immersion I felt (admittedly after a sneaky smoke) was insane and 45 mins later I was so sweaty I had to shower before bed!

Amazing.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
I give in to all the rave reviews and bought GT 7. I've only bought it for the VR mode and I'm not sure if I've made a mistake because I don't even like racing games! I'll report back.

At least, even if I don't enjoy it, I can play it sitting down.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Well, I've been playing GT 7 all week and loving it! It really does welcome new players. It deffo has that wow factor when you first see the inside of the car!

Volumiza

Well, I've been playing GT 7 all week and loving it! It really does welcome new players. It deffo has that wow factor when you first see the inside of the car!
100%, it's really a great showcase for VR. It's also how you enter into and exit from corners in both FWD and RWD cars, it's so natural to be looking at the apex of corners in VR. My laptimes are so much more consistent in VR.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Resident Evil 4 remake is coming to PSVR on Friday and I'm unreasonably excited for it.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
It will be interesting to see if it receives the level of love that the original RE4 VR version did.
It looks amazing. I don't think any review copies have gone out, though. So, will just have to find out. I loved RE 8 in VR, and this is done by the same team (I think).

Shark

@NotShark
Resident Evil 4 remake is coming to PSVR on Friday and I'm unreasonably excited for it.
Did you play it yet? jumped into it last night and hold shit, my expectations were reasonably high and they've been blow out of the water. The level of geometry and detail in the environment in the very beginning is simply stunning. Combat is absolutely brutal in a really really good way also.

Last edited:

afrocentricity

Did you play it yet? jumped into it last night and hold shit, my expectations were reasonably high and they've been blow out of the water. The level of geometry and detail in the environment in the very beginning is simply stunning. Combat is absolutely brutal in a really really good way also.
Loving the parry!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
feck it. Finally taken the plunge and ordered this. I've got Resi 4, Village and GT already but thinking someone a little more chilled like Walkabout Golf might be a better starting point.

Anything else anyone recommends and any accessories I might need? @afrocentricity ?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Straight into Resi Village and holy feck just the shooting range is unreal. Think I could spend all afternoon in that.

That title screen just looking around in the snow. :eek:

Volumiza

feck it. Finally taken the plunge and ordered this. I've got Resi 4, Village and GT already but thinking someone a little more chilled like Walkabout Golf might be a better starting point.

Anything else anyone recommends and any accessories I might need? @afrocentricity ?
No mans sky is now the game it should always have been dude and in my humble opinion is the best thing on PSVR2, certainly since they introduced Foveated rendering in the last update. Once you get the feels for it it's an incredible and almost at times meditative experience.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
No mans sky is now the game it should always have been dude and in my humble opinion is the best thing on PSVR2, certainly since they introduced Foveated rendering in the last update. Once you get the feels for it it's an incredible and almost at times meditative experience.
Sounds perfect. Will pick it up for sure.

afrocentricity

Here you go mate.........
https://g.co/bard/share/afc73269b5aa

Don't judge me

The Globular Cluster comfort mods are great but hold off until you know you're keeping it.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

Don't judge me

The Globular Cluster comfort mods are great but hold off until you know you're keeping it.

:lol: dickhead.

Yeah it does feel a bit awkward on my head, especially at the front. Maybe I'm tightening it too much.

Think priority will be a case first though to pack it away in although the box is smaller than I thought it would be.

afrocentricity

:lol: dickhead.

Yeah it does feel a bit awkward on my head, especially at the front. Maybe I'm tightening it too much.

Think priority will be a case first though to pack it away in although the box is smaller than I thought it would be.
Embrace the future Cass! ChatGPT is pretty useful for lazy fecks like us!

Re the comfort mod, once you know you're keeping the headset, look at getting the comfort mod as it literally changes everything. To be incredibly comfortable and stable and pretty plush and premium too..... If I do say so myself

Reactions: CassiusClaymore

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Smashed through 3 rounds of walkabout golf earlier and the first chapter of resi 4. The knife is ridiculously op. :lol:

Surprisingly not really suffering any motion sickness either. The movement in resi did give me butterflies at first but yeah nothing too serious. Haven't tried gt7 yet as it needs some huge update that didn't dl properly last time.

I don't find the headset overly uncomfortable it just keeps losing the sweet spot so maybe the globular cluster would help with that as well. Seems better with a beanie on but then your head gets hot quicker.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Don't judge me

I tried using google to work out “best…” for a few different purchase over Christmas and it as a total mess of sponsored links and review sites that had clearly been paid off by manufacturers. So the way you’ve used Bard there has me super interested. Out of interest, as someone who has played a lot of those games, how accurate are those rankings?

afrocentricity

I tried using google to work out “best…” for a few different purchase over Christmas and it as a total mess of sponsored links and review sites that had clearly been paid off by manufacturers. So the way you’ve used Bard there has me super interested. Out of interest, as someone who has played a lot of those games, how accurate are those rankings?
It's a solid top 10. I haven't played Kayak (meh) or Light Brigade (apparently pretty good), but the rest I can confirm, are good.

Continue the chat to get another 5+ etc if you want more choices mate

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's a solid top 10. I haven't played Kayak (meh) or Light Brigade (apparently pretty good), but the rest I can confirm, are good.

Continue the chat to get another 5+ etc if you want more choices mate
I don’t have PSVR. Just interested in Bard. I need to start using it more. Will definitely use it the next time I buy something!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff