Please let this be true! (Clickbait from Express re Fellaini)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I hope we won't have to see him play much, it's got nothing do with his usefulness to the team or his performances, it's just that I find him very hard to watch and appreciate the football.

prarek

Bit harsh on Fellaini considering he did reasonably well last season but i wouldn't mind if we sold him. Surprised Milan would be interested in him though, i find that hard to believe.

Revan

Assumptionman
Why we need to be happy about it? Fellaini was very good last season and gives un an another (though not very fancy) option.

I don't think that a league/UCL winning side should have Fellaini as a starter, but as a squad player he could be very useful.

Erentz

Knows everything! 5 years later.
Hope it's true, he's fecking shite.

Nickosaur

Yeah! Let's get rid of him!

Oh! Now we lack options! We need to make another signing!

He's not good enough! Etc etc.

Fellaini was dogshite under Moyes but he's improved massively. He's a good option to have, and it will be a long season.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He's our plan b and we don't really need money. Besides, imagine Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger and Felliani playing together in some of our matches bullying other team, would be fun to watch.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Daily Express reporting that AC Milan have entered into talks to sign
Marouane Fellaini.

Please, please, please let this move happen!
375 posts in 11 years?

I guess we should be thankful.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He's our plan b and we don't really need money. Besides, imagine Schneiderlin Schweinsteiger and Felliani playing together in some of our matches bullying other team, would be fun to watch.
That's a recipe to create nothing and reenact our Southampton games. With Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger you don't need Fellaini, unless he shows that he can be a proper striker.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
That's a recipe to create nothing and reenact our Southampton games. With Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger you don't need Fellaini, unless he shows that he can be a proper striker.
Let's say when we need to hold up a lead or playing for a draw or something...

Scarecrow

Having a week off
4 games ! 4 good games!
What are you talking about? Just off the top of my head I can recall him being great against West Brom in October, against Arsenal at Emirates, against Stoke in December, both games against the scousers, against QPR, Tottenham, both City games. He also scored 5 goals in his last 3 international games.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I think this season, Fellaini will offer us a different dimension.
He will be our Plan B, if Plan A is not working.

Also, if we play against a physical team, we'll definitely need him and he'll probably start in those games.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
FFS :lol:

Very useful, albeit expensive, plan B. Valuable squad member.

Though if he wanted to leave for guaranteed playing time, one could understand. But there's nothing to suggest that he's unhappy with us.

Ekeke

Whats wrong with someone wanting us to sell him? He played well last season but we clearly spent way far too much on him, if we can get a good fee for him now he had an upturn in form and we have better midfield options, it might be time to let him go. He didnt come near his final season at Everton form.

At the same time if we dont get an offer that suits us, he can be a good option off the bench

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Awful thread, I didn't warm to him in his first season but he's come on leaps and bounds since and was actually one of the best performers last season. He adds another dimension to the team as well so as long as he's happy to be a squad player (who will still get to play a lot) I don't see a reason why we'd even contemplate selling him.

Gerald G

He's a good plan B. I would not be looking to sell him unless we got a good offer for him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Let's say when we need to hold up a lead or playing for a draw or something...
If we play him as a false striker alone upfront and uses him as a target man, I agree. But if it is to play him as a shit #10 or an average midfielder because he is physical, I'm against that, because the benefits aren't great at all.
With the purchase of Schneiderlin we brought a physical midfielder, so now Fellaini is only useful in and around the box and there is better players than him for that, like Llorente, Benteke and Morata.

Giggsforever

With the players we have bought, I can't see a place for him. Neither can I see a place for him if we are going to play a passing game and counters.

Last year we used him as a tool and played to his strenghts to get a CL spot, I hope we aim a bit higher this year.

Sell him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Daily Express reporting that AC Milan have entered into talks to sign
Marouane Fellaini.

Please, please, please let this move happen!
1. The Express is probably the single worst source for transfer news there is.
2. Don't use clickbait titles.
3. Wrong forum.

Phil

Nah. He'll be phased out slowly and we'll end up selling him in 2 seasons time for 6 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.