Pochettino Chelsea Manager - Sack Watch

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Should never have gotten rid of Tuchel, should they?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Should never have gotten rid of Tuchel, should they?
Was shite for us in his last 20 games or so and been shite for Bayern as well. Granted Dortmund bottled the title for him. Lost the Chelsea dressing room due to his personal life. Not sure when the Tuchel narrative will die?

The biggest mistake was selling or loaning out players who contributed 50~ goals in 21/22 and replacing them with players who contributed maybe 15 goals for £600m net spend.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
‘I’m sorry Nic Jackson. Ooh I am for reaaalll’

Ronaldinho's snakebite

Was shite for us in his last 20 games or so and been shite for Bayern as well. Granted Dortmund bottled the title for him. Lost the Chelsea dressing room due to his personal life. Not sure when the Tuchel narrative will die?

The biggest mistake was selling or loaning out players who contributed 50~ goals in 21/22 and replacing them with players who contributed maybe 15 goals for £600m net spend.
Wrong. The bigest mistake was appointing Potter as his successor, and then appoint lampard as interim.

the_cliff

Chelsea have failed to get rid of any of the payers they were trying to. Such a big squad will definitely cause problems. Poch doesn't like big squads either.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Chelsea have failed to get rid of any of the payers they were trying to. Such a big squad will definitely cause problems. Poch doesn't like big squads either.
Judging by the video above, he isn't actually aware half the squad exists so I don't think that will be a problem.

Supports
Chelsea
Really? A 2 second glance suggests we have a squad of around 26/27 players, which is no different to Utd or Arsenal.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
We loaned Bashir, and kept Gallagher. We have the same number of players, we just kept different players than I think we would have ideally.

Gallagher is playing too well, and Poch likes him too much to cash in on him. But that’s why we loaned Santos, who we were going to keep originally.

We wanted to sell Chalobah because while he is a good player, he isn’t a starter, and there are people that think Bashir is already a little better.

But Bashir getting a solid loan u see his belt doesn’t bother me anyway.

We have 3LBs , but Maatsen hasnt signed his extension, and didn’t want Burnley. Poch likes Maatsen enough to let Cucu go, but maybe he’ll be rethinking that after that cup tie. I got to watch a good bit if it afterwards and Marc was the much steadier presence, and a lot of the good creation came through him. That clever cut back pass that landed on Gallaghers toe 6 feet from goal should’ve gone in for one.

Anyway, most everyone else that was supposed to go did, even CHO. I actually thought Burstow would stay, but he’s out on loan (with a buy option?)… so our squad is pretty normal in size.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Really? A 2 second glance suggests we have a squad of around 26/27 players, which is no different to Utd or Arsenal.
It feels the bloated squad line is going to be something that sticks regardless, is what it is.

I think going forward any team competing in Europe (which we will hopefully return too next season) will need huge squads giving even more games are being added to an already ludicrous schedule. For English clubs especially there's no excuse not to assemble such given the TV deals.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
That's one hell of a job and we refreshed all areas in two windows precisely. The stagnation of the squad was a bit worry when we finished last season.

Now window was over pochettino finally can concentrate on games. For tomorrow s game 7 players out injured. Only broja and badiashile came back to lite trainings. Two are long term fofana and nkunku. Reece still doing rehabilitation so as chukwuemeka. We will reassess the squad in January window.

Broja came back after lengthy lay off. Squad is completely normal with numbers considering the injuries we had.

bringbackbebe

That's one hell of a job and we refreshed all areas in two windows precisely. The stagnation of the squad was a bit worry when we finished last season.

Now window was over pochettino finally can concentrate on games. For tomorrow s game 7 players out injured. Only broja and badiashile came back to lite trainings. Two are long term fofana and nkunku. Reece still doing rehabilitation so as chukwuemeka. We will reassess the squad in January window.

Broja came back after lengthy lay off. Squad is completely normal with numbers considering the injuries we had.
You definitely won the transfer league for 3rd window in a row but after all this chaotic transfer dust has settled, you will now be judged based on the actual footballing performance till January when the window opens again for transfer dopamine. It'll be interesting how that's going to work out.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
You definitely won the transfer league for 3rd window in a row but after all this chaotic transfer dust has settled, you will now be judged based on the actual footballing performance till January when the window opens again for transfer dopamine. It'll be interesting how that's going to work out.
Yes fair enough we are only judged by onfield performances. The thing that made optimistic about us compared to last season we are upgraded our midfield from low point (Injured kante,kovasic,Loftus cheek and zakaria) to (Caicedo, lavia,ugochukwu). Mainly we struggled last season because lack of legs in midfield and teams going through us like no one there.

We added physical presence,pace,power but also technique in midfield. That will give us solid base. Will see how things will go but for me we are good enough to make into cl spot.

bringbackbebe

Yes fair enough we are only judged by onfield performances. The thing that made optimistic about us compared to last season we are upgraded our midfield from low point (Injured kante,kovasic,Loftus cheek and zakaria) to (Caicedo, lavia,ugochukwu). Mainly we struggled last season because lack of legs in midfield and teams going through us like no one there.

We added physical presence,pace,power but also technique in midfield. That will give us solid base. Will see how things will go but for me we are good enough to make into cl spot.
If there's anything to learn from United's failures, it's that a team of Rooney, Van Persie, Falcao, Di Maria guarantees absolutely nothing. What's on paper does not translate into actual results unless a lot of other factors are sorted out. I'm not a fan of the noise that's currently hovering Chelsea, but I wish you the best for the upcoming season. I want some club to overthrow City this year and I hope it's us, but won't mind if it's you either.

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I'm kind of relishing the fact most people seem to think our transfer business has been a total mess and just a huge waste of money in general.

There are still a few things I'd prefer to change if given the chance (mostly by getting rid of a few players we've now had to keep) but other than that I really like the look of our squad right now and I'm feeling good about our chances in the next couple of years.

This season it may still take a while for things to start clicking because there's been so many changes in such a short amount of time but I honestly think this could be the start of something really good for our team. Be interesting to see if things do end up going our way if people are actually able to give the club any credit for doing a good job with the rebuild or if the same people who are now baffled about us spending big money on a bunch of nobodies will just point out the fact so much money has been spent and say we were always bound to get lucky eventually etc.

bringbackbebe

I'm kind of relishing the fact most people seem to think our transfer business has been a total mess and just a huge waste of money in general.

There are still a few things I'd prefer to change if given the chance (mostly by getting rid of a few players we've now had to keep) but other than that I really like the look of our squad right now and I'm feeling good about our chances in the next couple of years.

This season it may still take a while for things to start clicking because there's been so many changes in such a short amount of time but I honestly think this could be the start of something really good for our team. Be interesting to see if things do end up going our way if people are actually able to give the club any credit for doing a good job with the rebuild or if the same people who are now baffled about us spending big money on a bunch of nobodies will just point out the fact so much money has been spent and say we were always bound to get lucky eventually etc.
I don't think your transfer dealings this year was a mess, neither the last or the one before that. I'm just implying that buying players and splurging money is not a guarantee for success. We have been through what you are going through for a good whole decade under Woodward when things went from ice to water to smoke back to ice. There is "so" much noise and so many factors rapidly changing around your club right now that it will help if things settle down a bit. I know @Rajiztar will bombard me saying the new owners don't have paitence to wait. Things may work for you at the end of the day. Its just I think there is a higher chance there'll be more chaos to follow in the short term at least.

The fact that he still has a good reputation in English football is a shining example of the benefits of building a relationship with the media and giving them access and info.

Neville alone should be getting a client fee from him.

Dan_F

What did you spend on players in the end?

Just asking because of the debate at the start of the window on how much of the money would be needed to offset last years splurge.
They’re fine for now because they have those initial players signed on long contracts to spread the costs, and they’ve been able to shift so many players.

The problem will come if they spend another year out of the Champions League and continue to spend big. Selling £300 million of players each year is impossible, especially if this set of players fail.

90 + 5min

Average players, average manager.

What are people really expecting?

always_hoping

Chelsea's transfer spending has gone beyond the €1 billion mark in just three windows since the Todd Boehly took over. Today beaten at home,failed to score and only managed just two shots on target against Nottingham Forest. continues like this and Pochettino time as Chelsea manager could be as short as Potters

Worst league start for Chelsea since season 1995/96.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
At least we won’t hear the poch fans saying ‘I knew we should of got him instead of ETH’

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Well that was identical to Potter's tenure. 5 at the back, possession, totally toothless, concede and lose the game.