Pochettino Chelsea Manager - Sack Watch

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It says a lot that the Man Utd brains trust had Pochettino or Ten Hag as the top choices to succeed Solskjaer. A massive amount.

CM

That match should seal his sacking. Unbelievably shit from Chelsea

ThatGreyKit

You have to feel for Amadeus. Probably spent the whole weekend writing up a draft for his comeback about how Poch won the cup with his amazing management skills with a bunch of kids he's got playing like prime Brazil.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Off you feck and take Boehly with you please.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
We have Leeds in the cup midweek. They’re on a hot streak. If get knocked out by them, I’m afraid it’s curtains for Poch.

always_hoping

You have to feel for Amadeus. Probably spent the whole weekend writing up a draft for his comeback about how Poch won the cup with his amazing management skills with a bunch of kids he's got playing like prime Brazil.
Games up for Amadeus as it is Poch as Chelsea manager.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Lost a cup final to a group of random children in red shirts.

Surely one of the biggest bottlers to have ever graced the game.
Guy had Kane, prime Deli Alli, Eriksen, Dembele, Walker, Alderweireld and yet couldn't do anything of note.

It's mental, he's an absolute fraud. Zero tactics, zero man management, no pragmatism

Tyrion

Harsh to blame Poch for that!
I think because he managed Spurs people have decided he's allergic to trophies. It didn't help that he was linked with us so half the forum convinced themselves he's the worst manager in the league.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe in your dreams, but I'd doubt it in reality.

I think it's got a long way to run yet.
He’ll see out the season, but I’d hope he wouldn’t survive going out of the cup early to a championship side while sitting in 11th. Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I can’t see any reason to keep him beyond just not wanting to be seen as sacking yet another manager, especially one they spent half of last season head hunting and interviewing.

DJ Jeff

Not so Jazzy
Soaring like a candy wrapper caught in an updraft
He’ll see out the season, but I’d hope he wouldn’t survive going out of the cup early to a championship side while sitting in 11th. Maybe it is just wishful thinking but I can’t see any reason to keep him beyond just not wanting to be seen as sacking yet another manager, especially one they spent half of last season head hunting and interviewing.
That ET performance is a sacking offense.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Poch is a fraud but the failure today is on Boehly and the organization more than anybody else. Amazing that they could spend a billion pounds and yet have so little quality in the forward line other than Palmer while also running out a CB partnership like Disasi and Colwill in a cup final.

I realize they have had a ton of injuries but you also have to ask questions about the organization in that regard in terms of how they are recruiting, integrating players into the setup, and managing their health.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We have Leeds in the cup midweek. They’re on a hot streak. If get knocked out by them, I’m afraid it’s curtains for Poch.
Surely you're in the long goodbye phase with Poch now regardless of your remaining results. He has been shambolic.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Not beyond the realms of possibility that United, Chelsea, and Liverpool are all looking for new managers this year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Poch is a fraud but the failure today is on Boehly and the organization more than anybody else. Amazing that they could spend a billion pounds and yet have so little quality in the forward line other than Palmer while also running out a CB partnership like Disasi and Colwill in a cup final.
There is nothing wrong with that CB pair. Disasi did have a very shaky game though.

C'est Moi Cantona

I reckon he'll easily see out the season, alot of what is going on at Chelsea isn't his fault afterall, plus they'll be so many top clubs looking for a manager this summer that I'm not sure hiring what's let over will be an upgrade on Poch.

I can see so many parallels with how United have operated over the last 10 years, clueless owners, clueless recruitment, and hiring any top manager that is currently available, then blaming them when it's still crap, and just repeating the whole process again every 2-3 years.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
There is nothing wrong with that CB pair. Disasi did have a very shaky game though.
Disasi seems very shaky and error prone in general to me. I rate Colwill highly but its asking a ton of a 20-year-old to pair him with that kind of player in a cup final IMO.

I realize that a number of other CBs are injured and Poch didn't really have any choice.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Disasi seems very shaky and error prone in general to me. I rate Colwill highly but its asking a ton of a 20-year-old to pair him with that kind of player in a cup final IMO.

I realize that a number of other CBs are injured and Poch didn't really have any choice.
So why did you include it in your post then? :nono:

I rate Disasi to be honest. I don’t think he’s amazing but he’s a good serviceable CB and pairing him with Colwill have produced our best defensive performances this season. He had an individually shaky game but that’s not something I’m going to dwell on when the team actually played well enough to win the game and we lost game on a corner.

I do agree with your criticism of the front line though. Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke are crap. Nkunku is good but feeling his way back. Jackson is good but can’t finish. You’d think for the money spent we’d have some more reliable players there.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal

I rate Disasi to be honest. I don’t think he’s amazing but he’s a good serviceable CB and pairing him with Colwill have produced our best defensive performances this season. He had an individually shaky game but that’s not something I’m going to dwell on when the team actually played well enough to win the game and we lost game on a corner.

I do agree with your criticism of the front line though. Sterling, Mudryk, Madueke are crap. Nkunku is good but feeling his way back. Jackson is good but can’t finish. You’d think for the money spent we’d have some more reliable players there.
Fair enough on the CBs.

I actually was pretty impressed with David Datro Fofana the other week when Arsenal played Burnley. He didn't get the ball much, so its a bit hard to draw too many conclusions. But there were a couple occasions where he did get the ball in space and got the better first of Saliba and then Gabriel. I understand why Chelsea loaned him but you could have used him in this match I think.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

Sounds familiar.

AshRK

I realize they have had a ton of injuries but you also have to ask questions about the organization in that regard in terms of how they are recruiting, integrating players into the setup, and managing their health.
I am not sure he is fraud. He is a decent coach but not a real top one. Fraud, definitely not. It's like a fancy word that people use without any context.

I agree with Boehly part though. This job is one that manager should stay away.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

I've always quite liked Badiashile, thought he was one of the better players under Potter. Assume he's another that's picked up a knock. Two years of Fofana being injured when he looked a terrific prospect at Leicester, Disasi would never have been signed if he could stay fit.

Colwill spent too long this season playing as inverted LB so you need to give him a proper run of 10-15 games as a CB which seems to be happening.

It will be interesting to see who Chelsea get in as the experienced CB to lead that group (you will sign one right....). Someone who's been there and done it and in 28-30 age bracket and who is rarely injured. That might not come up in Clearlake's Data stats but need an experienced head there, wasn't Ivanovic about 25-26 when he signed? Someone of that ilk.

Not suggesting him as a signing but Everton had endless defensive issues and they signed Tarkowski. Vastly experience, hardly misses a game through injury and Branthwaite has come on massively with experienced talker like him next to them so that is profile Chelsea need even if it isn't seen as a glamorous signing.

BorisManUtd

Seems like Chelsea's season, just like United's, could be basically ended in few days if we get out of Fa Cup. Also think both Poch and ten Hag will be gone at the end of the season.

Judas

Open to offers
Poch has done terribly, even worse than I thought he would. He's not very good, he's been an unconvincing manager for a long time. Not that I think Chelsea are setup well for success right now, somethings not right there at all.

Needham

Looked so puffy-faced in post match interview, barely Argentinian. He's a loser so expected more empathy on here.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Feck him. Seriously, feck him.
That pre match speech asking not to be judged on whether he wins that final or not. And then he actually admitted that you were playing for penalties.

He hasn't got a winning bone in his body and at this point I think it might be some sort of sub conscious self sabotage.

Eddy_JukeZ

There's just something about Poch I can't warm up to.

I have nothing to base this on, but I just don't think he's a winner.
I said that in December 2018.

"The train has passed. He's past his expiration date." And I said that 2 years ago when there were numerous ETH vs Poch debates on the cafe.

It's amazing how people willfully ignored Neymar and Messi having the worst season of their club careers under this manager. He's been a bang average manager since 2019 imo.