Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cyberman

Well he does says he's very happy. Why should he rule out leaving after nearly being driven to the exit door only a few months ago?
We will cater to his every whim and he'll stay imo. It's all a game

Judas

Open to offers
Typical international duty quotes, and reading them if you get worried by them you're a bit silly. I'd be shocked if he left this summer. Could I see him leaving one day though, yeah for sure, especially if we don't start challenging for the league.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
He will go one day. Doubt it will be this Summer though. Madrid have too many players to bring in to make 200m or whatever it is realistic.

wolvored

Typical international duty quotes, and reading them if you get worried by them you're a bit silly. I'd be shocked if he left this summer. Could I see him leaving one day though, yeah for sure, especially if we don't start challenging for the league.
Im not worried just disappointed he mentions another club team on international duty. He could have avoided the question by saying something like "Im happy at Manchester, the future in a few years who knows?" Left it vague instead of specific.

PoTMS

I'm a bit annoyed but then I remember we are probably going to play Europa League football next season so who can begrudge him? We are not one of the top clubs in the world and have little ambition in getting there.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The most worrying thing there is he says we are back in the top 4. We aren't Paul, fecking hell...

Lucky number 7

Wish we’d sell him to real and get someone else, we’ve replaced a lot better players than him in the past

Aloysius's Back 3

I wouldn't care to be honest.

I think he is slightly overrated - only because he is constantly allowed to play as a CM without defensive impact etc.
We change formation and players to try to get the best out of him - which is a tad confusing. Many better players in the world than Pogba.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Wouldn't be shocked if it's for a new contract while keeping his options open for the future.

No real biggy. Loads of players say stuff and never move on.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He also said he's happy and wants Solskjaer to get the job.

We all know he'll go one day, just enjoy while he's here and hope we make a significant profit when we do sell him.

ekestubbe

Have people already forgotten the media shitshow he put on last year? It has been clear for a long time that he doesn't intend to stay in England for very long.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's a lot better than I thought he was, and his consistency was getting there recently. I'd rather see him perform consistently here than cash in with time left on his contract. Maybe he can be persuaded for a new deal with us.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Anyone who took the previous manager's side or claimed he would be better off sold, can't say anything if he leaves. Period.

Resch

Sell him for 180 mill. € reinvest the money into 3 MF players, problem solved... but buy the players before the selling...

Shark

@NotShark
I'm a bit annoyed but then I remember we are probably going to play Europa League football next season so who can begrudge him? We are not one of the top clubs in the world and have little ambition in getting there.
And Pogba should take zero responsibility if we’re playing in the Europa next season? If he’s really as good as he thinks he is, maybe he should start leading us to better things.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Pretty standard response, he did double down on the fact he's happy here.

the chameleon

£200 million and I would be happy. But, only if that money is used in addition to the whatever our transfer budget is.

It would allow us to buy Sancho, De Ligt and Dybala. Plus we could buy a decent young replacement for Pogba. Plus I would put some in for that Max Aarons lad, and couple of other Dalot like prospects.

But in reality, nothing will happen and like the Ronaldo money, a large chunk of the money will get split between the 6 Glazer lizards.

the chameleon

But there's no way I want him gone unless there is a thorough plan towards using that money to get us back to the challenging on all fronts.

JohnnyKills

AS have just run a story saying Pogba wanted to sign for Real in 2016 but Florentino wouldn't deal with Raoila.

Shows how highly Real value Pogba doesn't it. Maybe he should think about it.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He's an Elite level player, approaching his prime - he should aim to be at a club that is challenging for the highest honours. I want that club to be Man Utd, and I would imagine he does too, but the club is run incredibly badly from a footballing point-of-view when compared to every other club of a similar stature and monetary level.

The Glazers are muppets, the managerial appointments are utterly awful, and even if Ole works out, it's still an extremely eccentric appointment for a huge club to make.

I honestly love Ole, he's a legendary Utd player imo, but I don't see him wrestling with Guardiola and Klopp, let alone Europeans Elite as a manager - and I realize this may sound slightly hypocritical after the PSG result, but the truth is we were outplayed completely in the first game, and then had an impressive, but still incredibly fortunate 2nd leg.

We've still won more trophies during recent years than the likes of Liverpool and Spuds, and I don't view us as a club who can't return to the top quite quickly...

But, if I was a player of Pogba's level and age, I'd definitely put sentiment aside and aim to play where I was gonna get a CL medal, that's what would matter to me at that point.

JohnnyKills

He's an Elite level player, approaching his prime - he should aim to be at a club that is challenging for the highest honours. I want that club to be Man Utd, and I would imagine he does too, but the club is run incredibly badly from a footballing point-of-view when compared to every other club of a similar stature and monetary level.

The Glazers are muppets, the managerial appointments are utterly awful, and even if Ole works out, it's still an extremely eccentric appointment for a huge club to make.

I honestly love Ole, he's a legendary Utd player imo, but I don't see him wrestling with Guardiola and Klopp, let alone Europeans Elite as a manager - and I realize this may sound slightly hypocritical after the PSG result, but the truth is we were outplayed completely in the first game, and then had an impressive, but still incredibly fortunate 2nd leg.

We've still won more trophies during recent years than the likes of Liverpool and Spuds, and I don't view us as a club who can't return to the top quite quickly...

But, if I was a player of Pogba's level and age, I'd definitely put sentiment aside and aim to play where I was gonna get a CL medal, that's what would matter to me at that point.
As someone who's left the UK to live in Spain I can't really blame Pogba for doing the same.

But are United really beneath him, as you suggest? He had the chance to prove it against PSG and got completely owned.

If he turns up against Barcelona it'll be a different story, but until then the jury's out.

Also, regarding Solskjaer... Real have made three highly dubious appointments of their own either side of Zidane.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
It's a matter of time before he moves to Spain, so will not be getting invested in this speculation shite.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Players are assholes. Apart from Juan Mata. I've learned to live with it.

Ander herrera the warrior

But there's no way I want him gone unless there is a thorough plan towards using that money to get us back to the challenging on all fronts.
I would also ask for Isco in return if we do sell Pogba to them.

Actually if it was me, when we sold them Cristiano Ronaldo, I would have ask for Robben and Robinho in exchange. Its like getting a direct replacement for our player we are selling plus more cash

ForestRGoinUp

As someone who's left the UK to live in Spain I can't really blame Pogba for doing the same.

But are United really beneath him, as you suggest? He had the chance to prove it against PSG and got completely owned.

If he turns up against Barcelona it'll be a different story, but until then the jury's out.

Also, regarding Solskjaer... Real have made three highly dubious appointments of their own either side of Zidane.
He’s not wrong to think it’d be nice to play in a midfield where the entire creative and attacking impetus doesn’t fall on him.

JohnnyKills

Been speaking to @carvajal about this. He says the fans just want Real to splash the cash but it doesn't sound like they're massively keen on Pogba per se.

JohnnyKills

He’s not wrong to think it’d be nice to play in a midfield where the entire creative and attacking impetus doesn’t fall on him.
True. But he has to earn that privilege by doing it in the big games and he hasn't managed that so far.

GeorgieBoy

Can't blame him for wanting to move to Madrid, in fact I'd go as far as saying it's an indication he wants to better himself which you have to respect.
It is slightly disappointing, however, that he had to mention them directly in an open interview.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Been speaking to @carvajal about this. He says the fans just want Real to splash the cash but it doesn't sound like they're massively keen on Pogba per se.
He has dreamed of playing here.Let him fulfill his dream, or are you another golden cage? :D
#FreePogba

Fosu-Mens

Either wants an improved contract (understandable given what some of the other players in the club earns) or implying that either the club becomes among the contendors for the big trophies or im out. Or both.

JohnnyKills

Because City, who pay oil money wages to their players, are the defending English champions en route to an unprecedented quadruple under the greatest manager in the world right now.
Yep. No-one knows how much they're actually being paid, do they.