Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stepic

What’s he meant to say: ‘I’m happy and I want to stay in Manchester for the rest of my career, I am happy and will be forever’?

Non issue this

buckooo1978

He didn't actually say anything that literally every player would ever say. It's incredibly dumb for a player to ever say "I'm never leaving". What they say is "I'm happy where I am now but long term nobody knows". Standard. He was asked about Real Madrid and Zidane. Zidane is french. Pogba is french. What do you think anyone would say? Pogba is happy with Ole here and will stay another 2 seasons so long as we keep improving and challenge for trophies.
no one is asking him to say hes never leaving and I understand the desire for some to downplay this or convince themselves it was nothing

bottom line its massively disrespectful to fans and to the club and he handled it extremely poorly. All he needs to say publicly is I'm under contract, I dont speak about other clubs and I'm happy at United. Instead he says that, creates uncertainty and for someone who captained us in his last game to show such insensitivity I think its bang out of order.

If he wants to go I've no issue - just do it the right way. He's under contract and he'd need to show a little more professionalism and respect

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
In shocking news, Real Madrid, like Manchester United. have allure.

Skills

Snitch
Meh, I don't know why people expect players to be loyal. He got booed by Old Trafford just a few months ago, our fans are pretty fickle towards their own players.

If you're going to get booed by your own clubs fans, might as well do it at a club like Madrid that has some style at least.

r0663664

Worships Man City
I am happy if he stays but no problem if he leave as Long as we get a best fee anyone can offer. If he leaving can fund 3 quality players then it is fine by me. What we needs to youth players who develop thru our system. These players will be far more loyal than players who are loyal to money.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
no one is asking him to say hes never leaving and I understand the desire for some to downplay this or convince themselves it was nothing

bottom line its massively disrespectful to fans and to the club and he handled it extremely poorly. All he needs to say publicly is I'm under contract, I dont speak about other clubs and I'm happy at United. Instead he says that, creates uncertainty and for someone who captained us in his last game to show such insensitivity I think its bang out of order.

If he wants to go I've no issue - just do it the right way. He's under contract and he'd need to show a little more professionalism and respect
It's not massively disrespectful to anyone. At all. Stop making it more than it is. He can say one thing. He can say the other. Either way it means feck all. Reading into this and shitting on Pogba for saying "I'm happy at United especially with Ole but Zidane is also a legend and Real Madrid is a massive club so nobody knows what'll happen in the future long term" is so pedantic. It's the truth for him and any other player. If some overly sensitive fans get upset over a player saying something like that then those fans have to have a look at themselves and relax. It's a statement that says nothing.

Even asking this question to anyone is dumb as feck. Do you like your current job? Are you going to stay there your whole life? Nobody can say "yes" for sure to the second one. They can be happy but nobody knows if they'll stay there forever and there's no point in lying. I'd get more annoyed with those who say they never want to go anywhere because in reality, nobody knows in football. Nobody knows if we'll be competing for trophies 2 years from now, or if we'll still be hovering between 4th-6th. Nobody knows if Pogba himself will be a world class player 2 years from now, or if he'll have a Rooney/Sanchez type decline at 28 and just struggle. Trying to make a thing out of a player saying basically this is basically just highlighting those who just want to complain about every little thing.

ForestRGoinUp

Only 5 years of mediocrity and there are growing indications of insecurity amongst the faithful Reds. Could get quite ugly if the next man up can’t deliver the goods.

Canagel

It's not massively disrespectful to anyone. At all. Stop making it more than it is. He can say one thing. He can say the other. Either way it means feck all. Reading into this and shitting on Pogba for saying "I'm happy at United especially with Ole but Zidane is also a legend and Real Madrid is a massive club so nobody knows what'll happen in the future long term" is so pedantic. It's the truth for him and any other player. If some overly sensitive fans get upset over a player saying something like that then those fans have to have a look at themselves and relax. It's a statement that says nothing.

Even asking this question to anyone is dumb as feck. Do you like your current job? Are you going to stay there your whole life? Nobody can say "yes" for sure to the second one. They can be happy but nobody knows if they'll stay there forever and there's no point in lying. I'd get more annoyed with those who say they never want to go anywhere because in reality, nobody knows in football. Nobody knows if we'll be competing for trophies 2 years from now, or if we'll still be hovering between 4th-6th. Nobody knows if Pogba himself will be a world class player 2 years from now, or if he'll have a Rooney/Sanchez type decline at 28 and just struggle. Trying to make a thing out of a player saying basically this is basically just highlighting those who just want to complain about every little thing.
top post.

Skills

Snitch
I actually think it was a poor move for him to ever come back here. His stock has fallen since his days at Juventus & he's basically wasted 3 years of his prime here for a top 4-6 calibre team. He probably regrets making the move, and probably wouldn't do it again if he had the chance.

Should've stayed at Juventus or held out for the Spanish big two.

soaphroniscuss

If the club does not show intent during the summer transfer window then the club deserves to lose him.

Kazi

Yeah but what does his mum think about all of this? That’s what really matters

cyberman

I actually think it was a poor move for him to ever come back here. His stock has fallen since his days at Juventus & he's basically wasted 3 years of his prime here for a top 4-6 calibre team. He probably regrets making the move, and probably wouldn't do it again if he had the chance.

Should've stayed at Juventus or held out for the Spanish big two.
We finished 5th and were in the EL when he joined.
He knew where we were and joined when we had a manager that didn't suit him.
Posts like these are strange to me, as if him simply wanting to play for United isn't a factor at all

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
At this point I’m sure Calderon or Valdano directed the film ‘Inception’.

lsd

The Oracle
Should be a rule against nonsensical knee jerk threads like this .

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Im sure Real are delighted to hear they have an another £100m to find ontop of £400m needed to buy Hazard and Neymar. I can’t see them spending half a billion pounds anytime soon, adding in to the refurbishment of the Bernabéu.

AP88

Supports
Man City
United could sign Brandt or Eriksen plus Ndombele with the proceeds of his sale - makes sense to do so. Would certainly help close the gap on the top teams

wolvored

He didn't actually say anything that literally every player would ever say. It's incredibly dumb for a player to ever say "I'm never leaving". What they say is "I'm happy where I am now but long term nobody knows". Standard. He was asked about Real Madrid and Zidane. Zidane is french. Pogba is french. What do you think anyone would say? Pogba is happy with Ole here and will stay another 2 seasons so long as we keep improving and challenge for trophies.

Might be a slightly controversial point, but Scholes, Giggs and all our other United legends wouldn't have stayed that long if we weren't the best side in England for 25 years. Since Fergie retired, we have been top 4 contenders and nothing more. De Gea staying this long is a miracle in itself and nobody could say a single thing if he decided to leave, because being honest, he has been a level or 2 above what we've been the last 5-6 years. Any top player who can start at any club in the world will leave at some point if your club doesn't compete for trophies. Players like Totti who were world class but just loved their club that much and decided to stay their whole careers there despite the lack of competing for big trophies are 1 in a million. Neville would probably have been that with United. Scholes and Giggs are possibilities but it's hard to say for sure because we always were winning, so it wasn't a worry. Whenever any stories came up, the first thing they would say is: "We're winning trophies every year, why would we leave?". Well, put them in our side the last 5 years, with Moyes, Van Gaal and Mourinho all making a mess. You can bet your ass that there's a good chance a few of them would go.
Ive said that myself on other threads. We only keep top players if we are winning trophies as well as paying big salaries. Foreign players came in the past for the money and the trophies. A lot probably wouldnt have come or stuck around if we wasn't winning, even some of the class of 92. Nowadays its just for the money, thats why we have Sanchez on half a million a week. To a lot of players the top echelon is Real or Barca. A rung down PSG Bayern Juve even City now. We need to climb back into that bracket.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Ive said that myself. We only keep some top players if we are winning trophies. Foreign players came in the past for the money and the trophies. A lot probably wouldnt have come or stuck around if we wasn't winning, even some of the class of 92. Nowadays its just for the money, thats why we have Sanchez on half a million a week. To a lot of players the top echelon is Real or Barca. A rung down PSG Bayern Juve even City now. We need to climb back into that bracket.
Yup. That's why it's especially crazy to see De Gea stay so long without making a fuss about anything even in the one summer where Van Gaal tried to play hard to get with him and made it seem like he didn't care if he stayed or left. He's seen the team that has won 4 CL's in the last 5 years go in for him every summer, from his home town city, yet he's never really tried to leave. Must think that Fergie had such a big influence in those first 2 years and then with Mata and Herrera here he just got really close with them so never felt the need to change it. That happens sometimes. But it's rare.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Fecking hell half the caf wanted him out not too long ago.... and now they catching feelings over throw away comments? :lol:

wolvored

Should be a rule against nonsensical knee jerk threads like this .
Mate its a forum meant to be a bit of fun and entertainment, not life and death. If 'nonsensical knee jerk threads like this' wasnt made there wouldnt be anything to discuss. Lighten up or dont bother coming on here!

Jib

I don't see why it would be wrong if he left.

We sell the likes of Fellaini and Blind because we think they are not on our level - how is it different from Pogba moving to a club which is on a much higher level? No matter what his consistency, his quality is world class and he'd like to be in a world class team which can aim for honors like the CL. We struggle to finish in top four consistently and are more of a marketing business than a football club. What can we offer that Real can't?

Even from a footballing point of view, our only midfield legend at the club who can help Pogba out as a player trash talked him during his punditry. Real on the other hand, are managed by the greatest French midfielder of all time, a man who was probably Pogba's idol growing up - someone who possessed a similar amount of skill and made it count when it mattered. Pogba will in all probability be a much better decision maker and leader under Zidane's tutelage.

I'm glad he's said he's happy and that he has a good relationship with Ole, and that he wants to stay for now. That's far more than what we can ask given what we offer in return.
Don't forget how the fans booed him 3 months ago too.

Sereques

The state of this forum is pathetic. Just a reminder guys. Zidane was in charge of Madrid and they were interested in him when Pogba decided to move from Juventus back to Manchester United.

If he wanted Madrid back then, United had no chance. Take a moment to think about all that while drinking a cup tea. Get some sleep, then put on your thinking hats and come back to the forum.

SER19

I get the whole 'he's only saying..' to an extent. Its not exactly a come and get me.

At the same time, there are certain players you can see this like clockwork. Every international break. He doesn't need to publicly say anything. Deals happen behind the scenes with large amounts of money and professional people involved. Pogba and every other player that engages in this can very simply say 'I don't speak about other clubs, we have the champions league and top 4 to play for and now I'm focused on my national side.'

You can defend him against hysteria sure, but he deserves criticism and its not the first time we've been here. Previous disasters were justified and excused due to mourinho by many, here we are in a good place with a new manager and he's still happy to do this stuff. It doesn't help that he does it after two largely anonymous performances and is getting our best result of the season without him.

Kapardin

This is why I wanted Mourinho at Madrid. All well and good for the Caf to laugh at Jose's desperation for the job and being overlooked for Zidane, but Agent Mourinho would have been perfect for Madrid from our perspective.

Anyway, Pogba is a Raiola client. I fully expect him to leave in the next 2-3 years, but I hope he can get us to the top before then (preferably next season) and a new world class midfield prospect appears in the market. At the moment, there are very few alternatives who can match Pogba's skills when he's at his best.

Importantly, if we strengthen our wingplay and FBs, we would probably not be heavily dependent on Pogba for creating chances.

Water Melon

Pogba will not go to Madrid, unless something really bad happens between him and our coaching staff. Moreover, I am sure we will spend well this summer, so next season we are going to see a better United with better P.P.

fallengt

150m plus options. Nothing against Pogba but I can't see him stay for long tbh.

red_de_pologne

I get the whole 'he's only saying..' to an extent. Its not exactly a come and get me.

At the same time, there are certain players you can see this like clockwork. Every international break. He doesn't need to publicly say anything. Deals happen behind the scenes with large amounts of money and professional people involved. Pogba and every other player that engages in this can very simply say 'I don't speak about other clubs, we have the champions league and top 4 to play for and now I'm focused on my national side.'

You can defend him against hysteria sure, but he deserves criticism and its not the first time we've been here. Previous disasters were justified and excused due to mourinho by many, here we are in a good place with a new manager and he's still happy to do this stuff. It doesn't help that he does it after two largely anonymous performances and is getting our best result of the season without him.
Agreed 100%, this is a non starter standard reply, not saying he dreams of playing for real ffs

buckooo1978

the key thing is that it didn't need to be said...there was absolutely no need for it and it only serves Pogba (in a contract negotiation) or Madrid (in a transfer negotiation)

Pogba is a key player, someone who recently captained the side and someone who tens of thousands of United fans have defended in his public issues with Mourinho - there is obviously an emotional investment from fans and it is disrespectful to them to act in such a way.

Fair minded United fans would respect Pogba wanting to fulfil his dream if he goes about it the right way, like we did with De Gea. If De Gea wants to leave it would be a big blow but you respect him because hes gone about it in a dignified and respectful way.

it weakens the clubs position also when a club comes in for him. In a negotiation it can be harder to play hardball with Madrid over a player who dreams of Madrid

you are missing the point also - this is not a normal job and you cant compare it. i dont have people cheering me on, supporting me, debating me or putting in the same sort of emotional investment. the fact that you are defending his pointless flirting maybe shows your emotional investment.

its Pogba's career and he can do what he wants with it really. I've no problem with any player leaving who doesn't want to be at the club. He needs to go about it the right way though and respect the club and fans

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
:lol:
He’s just won a World Cup you think he’s going to tie himself down to a club that’s scraping for 4th place? We win CL this year and it matches his ambitions. We don’t then why should someone as ambitious as him cut away from real?

Could also want a better deal. Ambition can be rewarded with money too

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
I can't see Utd accepting anything less than a 9-figure sum, and I can't see Madrid or any other club for that matter offering that kind of money plus hefty wages for a bundle of trouble. So I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon.

Kapardin

And people were speculating about which of our rivals' players Real would come after. Pogba would be top of Zidane's agenda.:lol:

Anyway, I hope Zidane flops like hell next season without Ronaldo and Real remain in their current state. If we can hang on to Pogba this summer, that would be the ideal scenario.