Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thiagoal

I'm a bit annoyed but then I remember we are probably going to play Europa League football next season so who can begrudge him? We are not one of the top clubs in the world and have little ambition in getting there.
Really don't get this narrative that people keep peddling! Have you not seen how much money we've splurged over the past 6 years? Our problem has been buying 'stars' for the sake of it rather than having a coherent transfer plan- not lack of ambition!

Fluctuation0161

Really don't get this narrative that people keep peddling! Have you not seen how much money we've splurged over the past 6 years? Our problem has been buying 'stars' for the sake of it rather than having a coherent transfer plan- not lack of ambition!
The last 2 transfer windows have shown a lack of ambition. Totally agree about the lack of coherent plan.

Baxter

If we can get a team together that can challenge for everything, I think he’d stay. If we continue bouncing around 4th and 5th, he’ll leave and I don’t think anyone can really blame him.

Zed 101

Really could care less if he went, as long as we got good money for him, I don't get the hype, when he is good he is worth having the rest of the time he is a liability would rather move Lingard into his position and get a decent right winger so that we have balance.

No doubt we need some top class players bringing in in the summer, would happily see Pogba out as part of that influx in, the only issue losing Pogba is his prestiege and publicity, Utd need to have players that foriegn and part time fans can hook onto to pump the share price up

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

@JPRouve @kouroux @bucky Can you please translate from the video? Can't rely on the twitter translations.
Basically saying that Real Madrid is a huge club with Zidane, a team that a lot of players and kids dream to play for, at the moment he's at Man United and that he's happy with the team and the new manager, no one knows about the future (and when he talked about his future, he was speaking in general and not necessarily about Real Madrid)

laughtersassassin

I have no doubt that Pogba will stay here if we start competing by next season. If not I reckon he will look to leave but that is fair enough.

Player careers are short and we haven't even looked close to getting the quality needed to compete.

This isn't like Ronaldo were we where the best club in world when he left us.

De Geaand Pogba are simply too good not be playing at a club competing at the highest level.

We do them a disservice in not even trying. Granted all this is on the Glazer's and Ed .

Last edited:

padzilla

Hipster
He's too good to stay with us if the height of our ambition is challenging for fourth place each season.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I'm laughing at the over reaction to a player just making an honest assessment of Real Madrid. Apart from Manchester born players who are pure United fans Or Barca/Atletico die hards. Its literally a fact playing for Real Madrid is a dream for any pro player. Same way it would be a dream for anyone to be the wealthiest human alive...It means Nada more than that....

Last edited:

NJM78

I'm not bothered by anything he said but this will probably become a soap opera in the summer if we fail to reach top 4 (which I personally believe will be the case), you just know Riaola will be dropping little hints and not just about Real.
I just hope the club do not faff about this summer with transfers. A strong sign of intent is needed, not a knee jerk opinion either before someone pipes up, just a fact that we need to sign some very, very good players to walk into our 11 who will hopefully be playing alongside Pogba for years to come.

Che Guevara

Supports
Celtic
Fans are a fickle lot. Just before Ole arrived most fans here wanted Pogba gone asap. Now it's a different tune, with some even angry he wasn't nominated for Player of the Month.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The translation is correct.
Basically saying that Real Madrid is a huge club with Zidane, a team that a lot of players and kids dream to play for, at the moment he's at Man United and that he's happy with the team and the new manager, no one knows about the future (and when he talked about his future, he was speaking in general and not necessarily about Real Madrid)
Thanks.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm laughing at the over reaction to a player just making an honest assessment of Real Madrid. Apart from Manchester born players who are pure United fans Or Barca/Atletico die hards. Its literally a fact plating for Real Madrid is a dream for any pro player. Same way it would be a dream for anyone to be the wealthiest human alive...It means Nada more than that....
That's the key word right there. Many fans are seriously deluded if they expect players to react like them to those type of questions asked to them.

Havak

Pokemon master
Even if Real Madrid do plan to try and take him at some point, it won't be this Summer (and probably not the one after). I believe that Real Madrid need forwards more than midfielders in the immediate future and this will be what they fix initially. They didn't come close to replacing Ronaldo and they need two forwards who can get a combined 50 goals comfortably or they aren't going to come close to winning the big trophies. Pogba would be a luxury/marquee buy when they already have most of what they need to challenge again.

reddaz71

Our level is of a 5/6th place team and always will be as long as we have the Glazers and Woodward running things so can't blame him for talking up Madrid and also De Gea not committing probably for the same reasons

El Zoido

I’ll never understand why Real Madrid is a “dream” for anyone. Ugly, godawful club, with the worst fans in the world. Barcelona I can understand but never Madrid.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Just saying...Our record goalscorer, all time club legend and a major factor in our recent success, Wayne Rooney, got more abuse on here for a lot less than Pogba's flirting...

Just saying...

No Mourinho to blame now...Ole is probably the virus now :D

Alabaster Codify7

Wouldn't blame him at all,nor DDG. Truth is,our performances and achievements since 2013 are those of a team who should just be thankful to have the odd world class player....not keep them for this long.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
CR7 has said similar things back when Fergie was here. Hazard has mentioned the same multiple times. These things does happen all the time to all quality players.

My only question , this has never happened for City players. Aguero, KDB,Silva all should have been poached by the Spanish giants by now . Something fishy between the owners ?

Judas

Open to offers
Get the feeling some on here want there to be a saga involving him so they can go back to slating him. He'll never be loved by some Utd fans, and a lot of it has to do with toxic Jose.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wouldn't blame him at all,nor DDG. Truth is,our performances and achievements since 2013 are those of a team who should just be thankful to have the odd world class player....not keep them for this long.
Totally agree

For all our talk about signing this player and that, we are a shambles right now and what world class player given the guaranteed options of UCL at other clubs would genuinely want to sign for us?

Inigo Montoya

Get the feeling some on here want there to be a saga involving him so they can go back to slating him. He'll never be loved by some Utd fans, and a lot of it has to do with toxic Jose.
Those idiots will never be happy until he's gone. I think they feel there's a next generation superstar who's chomping at the bit to sign for us.

Inigo Montoya

I’ll never understand why Real Madrid is a “dream” for anyone. Ugly, godawful club, with the worst fans in the world. Barcelona I can understand but never Madrid.
They still have a huge world standing. Don't think many understand or care about the politics

Kapardin

CR7 has said similar things back when Fergie was here. Hazard has mentioned the same multiple times. These things does happen all the time to all quality players.

My only question , this has never happened for City players. Aguero, KDB,Silva all should have been poached by the Spanish giants by now . Something fishy between the owners ?
Definitely. Though De Bruyne seems happy to stay at City, they have plenty of players who could be a huge upgrade on what Real have. Yet every summer, there's not even a rumor of links for any City player. And this was even before Guardiola, so one cannot say it is because of City's current success.

I reckon UAE have certain financial or business ties with Real, and probably have some leverage on Barca as well to keep the Spanish clubs at arm's length.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
We always knew he would end up at Real/Barca eventually - that's why I wasn't bothered about spending 89m on him, cos there's a chance we would eventually make a profit on him.

Not this summer, but possibly next summer - will he sign a new contract though? Or do we have a deal to extend it by one year or something?

Either way. We can live without any player. We sold Ronaldo remember? We're Manchester United for feck's sake.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I'm having a hard time imagining Real shelling out the 200m you'd likely want for him.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Especially if the want De Gea, Mbappe, Hazard and Eriksen
Yep. Of course they haven't spent a lot in recent years, so they could be stacked.

He'll go for 120 m
No way are you selling your best player who also happens to be one of if not the most marketable ones' in the world for 120m.

NJM78

I'm having a hard time imagining Real shelling out the 200m you'd likely want for him.
I agree and that is what he would be worth in this crazy day and age, looking at the prices for Coutinho etc
Pogba has so much off field money making potential also that I would be fuming if we accepted much less than that.

Read a few months back that Juventus plan 75m Pogba signing. The nerve of Juventus!

Ballache

Supports
Martial
I like Pogba and he's been mostly great since Ole took over but for 150m we could probably get Eriksen and Ndombele. Add Rabiot, Sancho and Meunier to that and we're a better team IMO.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
I agree and that is what he would be worth in this crazy day and age, looking at the prices for Coutinho etc
Pogba has so much off field money making potential also that I would be fuming if we accepted much less than that.

Read a few months back that Juventus plan 75m Pogba signing. The nerve of Juventus!
Yeah, considering how rich you are, how marketable he is, and of course the fact that he's a pretty good footballer, I don't see him going for much less than that. And Madrid's got more urgent needs than a cm, imo.

If Barca are serious about offloading Rakitic, though.. Or maybe PSG need to feel important again after being shafted by an inferior, injury plagued United side.

NJM78

Yeah, considering how rich you are, how marketable he is, and of course the fact that he's a pretty good footballer, I don't see him going for much less than that. And Madrid's got more urgent needs than a cm, imo.

If Barca are serious about offloading Rakitic, though.. Or maybe PSG need to feel important again after being shafted by an inferior, injury plagued United side.
I don't think he will go but yeah there would be plenty of suitors for him but we are in a strong position contract wise and if we spend well he wont be in a rush to leave.
Just out of curiosity how much would you believe Salah to be worth if Real came in for him? Not trying to go off thread topic just find it interesting how much fans believe their star players to be.

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Pogba enjoys a headline and his agent enjoys upping the stakes before any contract talks.

I really don't pay any attention to the lad now, except on the pitch.

He is certainly replaceable, should he decide to go and the fee he attracts will certainly help.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I don't think he will go but yeah there would be plenty of suitors for him but we are in a strong position contract wise and if we spend well he wont be in a rush to leave.
Just out of curiosity how much would you believe Salah to be worth if Real came in for him? Not trying to go off thread topic just find it interesting how much fans believe their star players to be.
No idea about Salah. Long gone are the days when you had a kind of structure with top players going for £30-40m, with a steady tiering beneath that.

These days it's pulling numbers out of the air and seeing what you can get away with.