Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Holocene

I don’t remember him ever carrying us. Not once. He is nothing like Robbo. Not a leader in any way, shape or form on the pitch.
Where do you think we would've finished last season without his goals and assists? No one is comparing him to Robson.

Mainoldo

What would their reason be for disliking him though? I’m genuinely interested.

Football fans are generally a forgiving bunch. You can get away with all manner of things off the pitch, just as long as you deliver for their team on it. Just look at Ryan Giggs. The fact Pogba hasn’t managed to win the fans over isn’t indicative of some mass conspiracy against him, but suggests he simply hasn’t played as well as expected.
They dislike him because we are crap and someone needs to get the blame. The only difference is instead of going after the point blank obvious, they’d rather go for the guy that marks everything that is wrong with society (in there eyes). You think if Pogba’s worst traits was he goes down the pub for a beer every now and then he’d get this much dislike towards him? Instead they want to moan because he’s more interested in social media and his haircuts. Which I thought died until the end of the seasons and the fan brought it back up.

I fail to believe it’s performance. The whole teams been crap and he’s been the best out of them all. How can you be the top target when in reality you and Lindelof gave the best performances out of a whole season. It makes no sense.

Like I keep saying if he goes he goes. He was never going to stay long anyway. But I feel the sale is more of s moral victory to some than anything else.

scots devil

I would fine him months wages, for his cheek and then show him the door. Bye bye Paul.

He'sRaldo

What would their reason be for disliking him though? I’m genuinely interested.
We haven't won anything, and have been playing rubbish football. That's the reason for all of this.

If Pogba played exactly as he did last season but we won the Prem or Champions league he'd be lauded. If we came close to challenging with scintillating football he'd be lauded.

The reason why he isn't is not necessarily his performances, but the fact that the fans are too long starved of top trophies and good footie.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Where do you think we would've finished last season without his goals and assists? No one is comparing him to Robson.
Most of his goals were penalties. Someone else could have got their stats improved

UncleBob

Exactly.

He wasn’t up for the challenge here, so he’s going to feck off for an easier one.

Don’t give us this challenge bullshit, he’s running off cos he didn’t have the bravery or the personality to rise to this one.
He's not running off :lol: It's always been part of the plan, 3-4 seasons at a club and move on. Generates extra income for him and an insane fee for Raiola, everyone is happy. We could've won the league and CL the past 3 seasons in a row and he still would've aimed for a move, it has nothing at all to do with our current situation or his courage.

The Nani

Did you read the post I quoted?

And we finished sixth with him putting in largely abject performances for most of the season. So who fecking cares.

The Jose excuse went out the window as soon as he quit playing for Ole after the Madrid links. I am just somewhat astounded and thankful that we will be able to get more than we paid for him even if it only nets us AWB and Harry fricking Maguire.

Mainoldo

I don’t remember him ever carrying us. Not once. He is nothing like Robbo. Not a leader in any way, shape or form on the pitch.
The stats would say he carried us this season and he only played for 2 months. But with Robbo’s teams never winning a league I failed to see how he carried us for a whole season too. No I’m not old enough to remember Robbo and yes I have watched highlights I’m aware of how good he is I.e. better than Keano.

I’m just pointing out is it possible to carry a team in an unsuccessfully side? Clearly your not winning enough games for the statement to ever be true. I mean Messi very visibly carries Barca and does so by winning a sh!t load of games.

The Nani

The stats would say he carried us this season and he only played for 2 months. But with Robbo’s teams never winning a league I failed to see how he carried us for a whole season too. No I’m not old enough to remember Robbo and yes I have watched highlights I’m aware of how good he is I.e. better than Keano.

I’m just pointing out is it possible to carry a team in an unsuccessfully side? Clearly your not winning enough games for the statement to ever be true. I mean Messi very visibly carries Barca and does so by winning a sh!t load of games.
The only player who acquitted himself consistently this season was McTominay.

Pogba’s penalty-padded stats mean feck all considering how shit he was for most of the season.

As Keano said, he plays for himself.

Mcking

These stats just say more about the other players than how good Pogba actually was. He played comfortably the most minutes of any outfield player and mostly in an advanced midfield position.

Another way of looking at them:
6 goals from open play. The 7 penalties could easily be on Ashley Young's stats instead.
Only 2 more assists than Ashley Westwood of Burnley.
Nearly half as many key passes as James Maddison (fair enough he takes corners as well).
5 more key passes than Kante (hardly known for his attacking prowess)

The stats don't show what we've lost due to lack of effort, poor positioning and bad decision making.
He might be our best player but he's been nowhere near as vital for us as people make out.

Serious mental gymnastics? You don't think another player playing nearly every game in an advanced position and taking penalties would come out top on most of those stats? Lukaku scored one goal less in 900 fewer minutes with no penalites, hardly 'serious mental gymnastics' required. I'm not even comparing him to the best players at other clubs there because he's nowhere near them.
Yes, serious mental gymnastics. You divided a set of statistics which were presented as a whole, comparing each part to that of nitpicked certain players in order to derogate the info and paint Pogba in an unfavourable light. He did provide just two more assists than Burnley's Westwood, but why didn't you use City's Bernardo or David Silva who provided less than Pogba's nine assists, but went with Westwood instead? I guess it was also easier to ignore the fact that Westwood had less than 20 key passes from open play compared to Pogba's 53. Did you know that Kante had 5 less assists than Pogba too and that Maddison played less key passes and provided 4 less assists than Pogba from open play, but that wouldn't fit into your mental gymnastics right? Did Kante, Maddison and Westwood top each of those statistics for their teammates or is it much easier to nitpick, and how many of those statistics would the amount of penalties he took impact?
You'd be better off trying to compare him to the best midfielders at other clubs than doing that embarrassing mental gymnastics.

Mainoldo

Pogba’s penalty-padded stats mean feck all considering how shit he was for most of the season.

Was actually taking you serious until you said Mctominay. Well maybe another player can state pad on Pogba’s penalties next season.

Plays for himself what do you mean? Should he have shared the disruption of penalties?

Mcking

By being consistently below average. McTominay's best performances last season were no better than Pogba's average performances, but it's no suprised that one acquitted himself consistently while the other did feck all.

KetilOwren88

McTominay played up his potensial and gave his all. I doubt Pogba would have gotten all the criticism if he did the same. The stats is not the problem. It’s his attitude and all the noise around him all the time. It’s not that hard to understand really. He is by far our most talented player and because of that, the expectations towards him are higher and rightly so.

The Nani

Was actually taking you serious until you said Mctominay. Well maybe another player can state pad on Pogba’s penalties next season.

Plays for himself what do you mean? Should he have shared the disruption of penalties?
By being consistently below average. McTominay's best performances last season were no better than Pogba's average performances, but it's no suprised that one acquitted himself consistently while the other did feck all.
We would’ve gone out to PSG if Pogba hadn’t been suspended.

But let’s pay attention to everything but the actual performances on the pitch shall we.

MrBest

I said it when he joined, he is overrated. I had a compromising moment half way through the season when he was playing better, but I maintain it now, i would be glad to see the back of him. Do not get me wrong, he is exceptionally talented but i do not want a player who plays for himself at this club. Pogba is about pogba, he thinks the sun and moon rotates around him, he is a virus. When he is upset we play bad, when he feels like playing we play better. In march when he mentioned madrid for the first time, he knew he would move. Since then we have been awful, he had looked like he does not care. I have never ever had the feeling that he cared about our club it was always himself. Ronaldo seeked out a move to madrid but he gave 110% to united and the team. Not once did he make his desire to go to madrid a burden on the way we played. That is the difference between them both. If a 120m bid came in, take it. We could stretch this to 150m. We need to invest in hungry players.

He'sRaldo

McTominay played up his potensial and gave his all. I doubt Pogba would have gotten all the criticism if he did the same. The stats is not the problem. It’s his attitude and all the noise around him all the time. It’s not that hard to understand really. He is by far our most talented player and because of that, the expectations towards him are higher and rightly so.
In my opinion this is the problem. We only have (or had) one or two truly top players. It's usually mid-table teams which have only one top player, and lo and behold we're 6th.

KetilOwren88

In my opinion this is the problem. We only have (or had) one or two truly top players. It's usually mid-table teams which have only one top player, and lo and behold we're 6th.
I agree and in these situations it might be harder to take the right decisions. I am not saying Pogba must leave, I think he gets away with too many excuses because everyone else are shit.

clarkydaz

I don’t get where this attitude, dedication and work ethic comes from? It’s a rubbish media driven propaganda that has never had any legs if people had sense.
Ill give you one example off the bat. He was captain of manchester united early in the season, put in a stinker of a performance then afterwards said he wasnt focused. Your thoughts?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think the majority of our supporters are of the same opinion and we can't all be wrong. He's not been as good as some are trying to make out. First season was promising but he's been mostly criticised since then. Thing is, most fans would forgive him if it wasn't for the baggage and the circus he brings with him. He's literally made us a laughing stock at times with his cryptic messages, falling out with managers, agent driven media stories, being offered to City by his agent etc. He's got away with quite a bit really considering none of this was ever cleared up by Pogba.

Think he'll do well in La Liga or Serie A but I don't think we'll ever see the best of him here.

Mcking

We would’ve gone out to PSG if Pogba hadn’t been suspended.

But let’s pay attention to everything but the actual performances on the pitch shall we.
Ah didn't really know about PSG. You seem to know a lot more than we do. If you actually paid attention to actual performances on the pitch and not to academy romanticism and media propaganda, then you'd understand how laughable your view on McTominay and Pogba's performances sounds.

Mcking

I think the majority of our supporters are of the same opinion and we can't all be wrong. He's not been as good as some are trying to make out. First season was promising but he's been mostly criticised since then. Thing is, most fans would forgive him if it wasn't for the baggage and the circus he brings with him. He's literally made us a laughing stock at times with his cryptic messages, falling out with managers, agent driven media stories, being offered to City by his agent etc. He's got away with quite a bit really considering none of this was ever cleared up by Pogba.

Think he'll do well in La Liga or Serie A but I don't think we'll ever see the best of him here.
I think most fans would consider the season he just had a relatively good one if his teammates managed to perform to a similar standard. They didn't.

pocco

loco
We’ve sold a lot of talented players but this squad is the most talentless we’ve had in a while. So there is a big difference.

I don’t get where this attitude, dedication and work ethic comes from? It’s a rubbish media driven propaganda that has never had any legs if people had sense.

He’s hardly ever on social media. I mean Raheem Sterling is more active than him. His attitude has seen him move to two countries from a young age and been very successful at one. Don’t remember anyone except of the out of date one questioning it. He’s been a first team player in a World Cup winning side I mean not even Vieira can state that claim. Dedicated to what exactly? Let’s not get it mixed up I’m a United fan and will continue to be when he leaves but if you think Pogba isn’t a better player than what this current club is offering your deluded.

I got no problem with players leaving especially crap ones. But this just leaves a bitter taste as fans have for some weird reason turned against him for no apparent reason except for him being flash and liking to dance. It’s just odd.
I'm not judging Pogba against what else we have in our midfield, he's obviously more talented with the ball than all of them. However a) the others aren't saying they want to leave, b) they're on far less money and c) they're not a distraction off the pitch. The rest will be squad players eventually if we get back to the level we want to be, or they'll be moved on with no fuss.

Pogba is supposed to be our star player and he's nothing but a problem. Half of the time he's apparently not happy here, then he's underperforming etc. Yet we apparently need to build a midfield to suit him. How are we supposed to take that risk if he doesn't want to stay? Surely the wise decision is to sell him for big money and build a new midfield.

clarkydaz

Sorry I was the one who started that but only to say that Robson carried his team for real, unlike Pogba. Robson was named as an example of a team carrier.
The other guy said he carried the team to nowhere, like Robson did. Which is some seriously twisted logic

pocco

loco
I think most fans would consider the season he just had a relatively good one if his teammates managed to perform to a similar standard. They didn't.
Relatively good, is that what £90m and huge wages gets you? All while causing trouble off the pitch, falling out with a manager. He got reprimanded by Jose because he posted a video of him having a laugh whilst we got knocked out of the cup by Derby. The guy is taking the piss and some fans want to allow it. Pogba doesn't give a shit about you, any of us or this club.

The Nani

Ah didn't really know about PSG. You seem to know a lot more than we do. If you actually paid attention to actual performances on the pitch and not to academy romanticism and media propaganda, then you'd understand how laughable your view on McTominay and Pogba's performances sounds.
Says the guy who claims McTominay's best performances last season were only as good as Pogba's average performances.

The only romanticism on display here is your clear and obvious emotional attachment to a player who doesn't give a shit about the club.

You should follow him to his next one.

Art Vandelay

I'm not judging Pogba against what else we have in our midfield, he's obviously more talented with the ball than all of them. However a) the others aren't saying they want to leave, b) they're on far less money and c) they're not a distraction off the pitch. The rest will be squad players eventually if we get back to the level we want to be, or they'll be moved on with no fuss.

Pogba is supposed to be our star player and he's nothing but a problem. Half of the time he's apparently not happy here, then he's underperforming etc. Yet we apparently need to build a midfield to suit him. How are we supposed to take that risk if he doesn't want to stay? Surely the wise decision is to sell him for big money and build a new midfield.
I don't get this building a midfield around him notion, we've tried accomodating him in a 2, 3 and a diamond. He's been the same in them all. Then the next excuse is it's the players around him making him wildly inconsistent. He's just not delivered consistently no matter what we've tried. We even tried making him vice captain and it did no good.

shahzy

If I was a 3/10 player I'd try my hardest too knowing I was out of my depth.
A 8 or 9/10 can put 50% effort in and yet be better than a 3/10 playing out his skin.
It's a good thing though that you like Mctominay because you'll have your wish granted and then probably struggle to realise why we are even shitter in midfield than before

championo

Top Stalker
Wow, I thought this was just some reporter making stuff up, he actually said he thinks it is time for a new challenge somewhere else? Get rid as soon as possible. What a disloyal player. Never seen anything like this, I thought Ronaldo was a primadonna but this virus takes the cake. At least Ronaldo won us major trophies.

Last edited:

The Nani

A 8 or 9/10 can put 50% effort in and yet be better than a 3/10 playing out his skin.
It's a good thing though that you like Mctominay because you'll have your wish granted and then probably struggle to realise why we are even shitter in midfield than before
What a load of bollocks.

el3mel

No offense but that's a terrible logic and football doesn't work like that at all.

Mcking

Says the guy who claims McTominay's best performances last season were only as good as Pogba's average performances.

The only romanticism on display here is your clear and obvious emotional attachment to a player who doesn't give a shit about the club.

You should follow him to his next one.
It was indeed. Honestly, do you still remember McTominay's best performances? It is ridiculous to say that he was the only one that acquitted himself consistently when he barely did much the whole season. He looked decent in what was an average team performance against PSG, managed a goal against Huddersfield and Wolves, and some got excited about him managing to lift the ball off the ground against Palace. Just provide five games which you consider as McTominay's best, and I would counter with as many, if not more average performances from Pogba, some of which you wouldn't have many memories of whatsoever but were as good as McTominay's best five.

Art Vandelay

We? So you're not taking your support for Pogba with him when he leaves?

The Mad Manc

I said it when he joined, he is overrated. I had a compromising moment half way through the season when he was playing better, but I maintain it now, i would be glad to see the back of him. Do not get me wrong, he is exceptionally talented but i do not want a player who plays for himself at this club. Pogba is about pogba, he thinks the sun and moon rotates around him, he is a virus. When he is upset we play bad, when he feels like playing we play better. In march when he mentioned madrid for the first time, he knew he would move. Since then we have been awful, he had looked like he does not care. I have never ever had the feeling that he cared about our club it was always himself. Ronaldo seeked out a move to madrid but he gave 110% to united and the team. Not once did he make his desire to go to madrid a burden on the way we played. That is the difference between them both. If a 120m bid came in, take it. We could stretch this to 150m. We need to invest in hungry players.
What he said

The Nani

It was indeed. Honestly, do you still remember McTominay's best performances? It is ridiculous to say that he was the only one that acquitted himself consistently when he barely did much the whole season. He looked decent in what was an average team performance against PSG, managed a goal against Huddersfield and Wolves, and some got excited about him managing to lift the ball off the ground against Palace. Just provide five games which you consider as McTominay's best, and I would counter with as many, if not more average performances from Pogba, some of which you wouldn't have many memories of whatsoever but were as good as McTominay's best five.
I don't get into fanboy pedantry.

Jog on.

nameischarles

Kinda annoyed when I read his comments. He could have dealt this privately with Ole and the board instead of trying to strongarm a move away.

I hope we stand firm and expect nothing but a 150+ million offer from Juventus or Real Madrid if they do want him that badly.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How many of you guys would turn down Real Madrid or Juventus to stay at United in our current mess, if you were the same age as Pogba 26?

Most would leave, let's be honest. We're in a mess at the moment with a rookie manager overseeing the recruitment.

Most ambitious people would leave to play in the big competitions in a similar scenario. And at Juve or Real Madrid he would have a fair chance of winning the big titles in the foreseeable future.