Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lsd

The Oracle
So many things wrong with this post, where to start?

1) Pogba is our player and has 2+1 years left of his contract. We have absolutely no reason to sell him for anything less than what PSG paid for Neymar. He is absolutely not for sale, but if Real wants him we could ask for 1000 million if we want to.
2) Herrera is a solid workhorse in our team, but has no market value due to his age and contract situation. Why on earth would we get rid of Herrera, he is one of the few players in our squad that has a combination of experience, mentality and fighting spirit. He is not the most gifted player in terms of abilities, but does a solid job.
3) Only Liverpool and City could beat that starting 11 over a season.
Football manager is a terrible disease

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Never thought he should be permanent manager.
Fair enough, for me problems are far more deeper than simply the manager.

We are a poorly run club with no plan or structure in place in the kind of football we want to play and sort of future to build. We'll continue to yoyo in and round CL places even under best of managers until we sort our footballing structure.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Fair enough, for me problems are far more deeper than simply the manager.

We are a poorly run club with no plan or structure in place in the kind of football we want to play and sort of future to build. We'll continue to yoyo in and round CL places even under best of managers until we sort our footballing structure.
Agree completely.

Glazers / Woodward need to go imo, ASAP. Baffles me how many people accept their utter bullshit, and will even defend it.

Again, I know this isn't a popular opinion on here - but imagine for top players the difference between signing for ZZ, or signing for Ole... one is a three time CL winner and one of the greatest midfielders of all time, and the other was managing Molde at the season's beginning.

Again, I love Ole, but ZZ was there, unemployed for the taking, and a new DoF and we would've been on the right track.

Instead we've got Woodward, and a manager who realistically wouldn't even be considered by any other top 6 PL club.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This. Particularly the last line. He was bought for a world record fee, he goes for a world record fee. He's not a worse player than he was 3 years ago. He's having his best goalscoring season in a team nowhere near as domestically dominant as his previous club. He's a better player now, without question. His fee has to reflect that, and I'm sure Madrid know that.

I'd be surprised if he stays beyond this summer. I don't normally care about the fee the club gets, but Pogba is a different case. It has to be no less than £200m.
He is 3 years older after 3 seasons that have each been ultimately disappointing and have seen massive question marks raised on him and his role in the team. A patch of form under solskjaer doesn't change all that. He'd hardly leave united with his reputation intact.

Ban

When does his contraxt expire?

If he wants to go, let him go, we should get good money for him if we'd be wise. Problem is how we would spend it and I wouldn't bet we'd spend it wisely.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
He is 3 years older after 3 seasons that have each been ultimately disappointing and have seen massive question marks raised on him and his role in the team. A patch of form under solskjaer doesn't change all that. He'd hardly leave united with his reputation intact.
What does your tagline mean...? It's quite puzzling...

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
This is what we should be doing, with Zidane as our new manager.
No thanks. He doesn't have a world class team at his disposal. He'll have to do more than just be Zidane.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Of course he would, World Cup winner for a start. Even at United's worst under Mourinho, Pogba was still our best player more often than not, in a very dysfunctional and poorly managed team that was set up to defend. He'd take the piss if he was surrounded by a better midfield base than Matic.

The question marks around his role in the team was because Mourinho didn't play him to his strengths. He was even quoted saying that Pogba would make a great centre back. It's clear what he can do when used properly.

Rolaholic

I forgot we had the 1 year extending option on Pogba's contract. That gives us a decent hand to deal with at least for 1 more year.
Yea it's a club option too which is why I laugh at some of the figures being floated around. The club is under little to no pressure to sell right now/anytime soon and Woody would likely only listen to offers approaching 175-200m.

Raiola and the Spanish press can huff and puff all they want but the reality is that Madrid will definitely have to break the bank if they really want to get him over the next 2 seasons

Canagel

Still won more trophies than your club ;)

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
w
Glazers / Woodward need to go imo, ASAP. Baffles me how many people accept their utter bullshit, and will even defend it.

Again, I know this isn't a popular opinion on here - but imagine for top players the difference between signing for ZZ, or signing for Ole... one is a three time CL winner and one of the greatest midfielders of all time, and the other was managing Molde at the season's beginning.

Again, I love Ole, but ZZ was there, unemployed for the taking, and a new DoF and we would've been on the right track.

Instead we've got Woodward, and a manager who realistically wouldn't even be considered by any other top 6 PL club.[/QUOTE]

I don't think there is a lot of evidence that ZZ wanted to come here. ZZ wants easy jobs where he can immediatly win trophies or buy whoever he wants like he will able to with Madrid in the summer.

OGS is here because he's had the best start of a manager ever while taking over while we were in freefall.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Somehow the biggest clubs in the world are after him.

Zed 101

I don't get the Pogba love in sorry, and I know I will get shouted down, but he is consitently the most disappointing player we have, he is like Nani only in central midfield all the attributes to be world class but none of the gumption.

And people making excuses for his mediocrity being as a result of Matic and Hererra etc... pah that is when a world class player shines, you put Ronaldo in Shresbury Town's first eleven and he would still beat premier league teams on his own, world class improve those around them not the other way around.

Get shot as long as we replace with true quality not just the facade of quality

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Of course he would, World Cup winner for a start. Even at United's worst under Mourinho, Pogba was still our best player more often than not, in a very dysfunctional and poorly managed team that was set up to defend. He'd take the piss if he was surrounded by a better midfield base than Matic.

The question marks around his role in the team was because Mourinho didn't play him to his strengths. He was even quoted saying that Pogba would make a great centre back. It's clear what he can do when used properly.
At his worst he had his captaincy stripped, lost his place to McToMinay, everyone wondering what his best position was or if he had any and a significant portion of posters here who couldn't wait to see him go.

Ultimately his stint at united has raised way more question marks on him than it has answered.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Somehow the biggest clubs in the world are after him.
Obviously still a world class talent. I also think the only sane strategy is to keep him at least another season under the assumption that a proper season under solskjaer can only raise his value.

The main reason his value has gone up is due to the inflation of the transfer market though.

Rolaholic

I don't get the Pogba love in sorry, and I know I will get shouted down, but he is consitently the most disappointing player we have, he is like Nani only in central midfield all the attributes to be world class but none of the gumption.

And people making excuses for his mediocrity being as a result of Matic and Hererra etc... pah that is when a world class player shines, you put Ronaldo in Shresbury Town's first eleven and he would still beat premier league teams on his own, world class improve those around them not the other way around.

Get shot as long as we replace with true quality not just the facade of quality
Ronaldo became one of the best in the world in a squad chock filled with world class players and legends coached by the greatest manager in the sports history,you're truly comparing apples to oranges here if you expect anyone in the world to single handedly carry the squads that we've fielded under the managers we've had post Fergie...

Messi maybe but that would be it

World class players have always been complemented by other world class players and it's never been considered a disservice to their own quality until now for some reason

It's been like that from the times Bayern and Ajax dominated Europe to when Serie A was the king up to the era of Spanish dominance we've seen recently

Josep Dowling

Agree completely.

Instead we've got Woodward, and a manager who realistically wouldn't even be considered by any other top 6 PL club.
Exactly. Too many romantist who think Ole will come good like Guardiola at Barcelona or Zidane at Real. Biggest difference is they had world beaters on the pitch.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Obviously still a world class talent. I also think the only sane strategy is to keep him at least another season under the assumption that a proper season under solskjaer can only raise his value.

The main reason his value has gone up is due to the inflation of the transfer market though.
He is a midfielder who has contributed to 20 goals this season (in PL) and for half a season he played under Jose. You can say whatever you want to about some questions, not answered and all that, there aren't many midfielders who create chances like Pogba and has end product like him.

No player is judged as harshly as him. Few bad games means his good games are written off, it's just mental.

Sane strategy is to retain player like Pogba, not worrying about increased market price to win laughable net spent arguments on internet.

JMack1234

Clearly trouble at the mill regarding Pogba.

He either wants a big wage rise at United. Or he wants to move to Real and be a big part of their rebuild under Zidane.

Frankly my money would be on the latter.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
At his worst he had his captaincy stripped, lost his place to McToMinay, everyone wondering what his best position was or if he had any and a significant portion of posters here who couldn't wait to see him go.

Ultimately his stint at united has raised way more question marks on him than it has answered.
He had his captaincy stripped because he said things Mourinho didn't like, not because he was a poor footballer. He instructed Pogba not to speak and he continued to pick fights and make an example of him right until he was binned. Even during that tumultuous time when his performances were ropey and the whole team was a mess, he was still our best player.

His best position has always been fairly clear to anyone who isn't Jose Mourinho.

The posters on here who wanted him gone were generally staunchly pro-Jose and were derided as such. They are probably still being laughed at now.

No arguments there though. The market got silly almost immediately after he was signed, and that carries over into any discussion of him being sold. He's not a worse player than he was in 2016. IMO in some areas he has improved. He broke the world record in 2016, so he has to be around that mark again, or the club will look foolish.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Reject that as soon as the bid comes in (if true, which it almost certainly isn't) - talks shouldn't even start until a bid of at least Coutinho-levels arrives. Also if Pogba wants to go then a transfer request should be required if he is due any sort of loyalty bonus from us; if he wants to go then Real can pay him and Mino their bonuses.

If he doesn't want to go then we're probably at contract renewal time anyway, and I'm fine with him getting Sanchez-like money (assuming we have room for it in the accounts).

Fracture90

Don't know why are you even so active in this thread considering you support Liverpool, but he didn't lose his spot because he was the worst player out there, but because Mourinho needed a scapegoat the petty man-child he is. He expected from Pogba to singlehandedly win us games when we were parking the bus.

kidbob

If he does go then Madrid need to expect to pay his value especially after basically fleecing us on Cristiano (sure it was a World record fee but it was bloody cheap considering the level of player he was already at back then). Then it's up to us as a club to use this extra transfer money wisely. He's our best outfield player but for the type of money involved we in theory should be able to target 4-5 players to improve us in all areas across the field and that will hopefully mitigate the loss of Pogba.

The main issue with him going isn't that he is top class but rather the deserved lack of faith in the club by fans for the money to be reinvested successfully. Either way if he does go then it needs to be decided very soon so the appropriate planning can take place. Knowing us though we'll ask for Bale in return and he'll join our other overpaid geriatrics. Only player who would be acceptable as a small part of the deal is Hakimi for me.

For Madrid it's a strange one because they'll still need to replace Modric as Pogba is never going to take over that type of role in any team.

Edit: if he goes then I think we need to target Rabiot (no brainer on a free), N'Domble and Rice. I don't think it's overboard to say we need 3 new midfielders if he goes. If he stays then Rabiot and 1 on the others are needed.

Suedesi

A key player in the world cup winning team?

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Don't know why are you even so active in this thread considering you support Liverpool, but he didn't lose his spot because he was the worst player out there, but because Mourinho needed a scapegoat the petty man-child he is. He expected from Pogba to singlehandedly win us games when we were parking the bus.
I am all for pointing the blame at mourinho, but I think it's over egging to conclude that Pogba was a model professional and mourinho fabricated the whole thing out of thin air

Champagne Football

If we were able to land Houssem Aouar, Tanguy Ndombele and Declan Rice for £240 million while offloading Pogba for £170 million then I think that's good business and in the clubs best interest.

But it's very unlikely we'll get even one of those targets so the club will hold onto Pogba unless Ed and the boys already have agreements in the background for the very small number of players in Europe who could come in a fill Pogba's boots.

Fracture90

I am all for pointing the blame at mourinho, but I think it's over egging to conclude that Pogba was a model professional and mourinho fabricated the whole thing out of thin air
That's because you're dealing in extremes, judging from your response it's gotta be either or…

Suedesi

If we were able to land Houssem Aouar, Tanguy Ndombele and Declan Rice for £240 million while offloading Pogba for £170 million then I think that's good business and in the clubs best interest.

But it's very unlikely we'll get even one of those targets so the club will hold onto Pogba unless Ed and the boys already have agreements in the background for the very small number of players in Europe who could come in a fill Pogba's boots.
No, I think we should try a swap with Arsenal for Torreira.