Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kag

Well, this isn’t surprising. Successful here or not, the club was always a stepping stone before a move to Spain, so this was always something of an inevitability.

It’s a tricky one. He is (by a mile) the best player at the club and we are so much worse without him. However, what’s the point keeping a player who is actively going to push for a move?

For me, we name our price to Madrid and they either put up or feck off. The club then makes it clear to Pogba that he must get on with his football, if he stays. It’s the Euros next summer, so he won’t be going on some sort of infantile strike.

Anything short of £150 million would be a travesty.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
There's a massive possibility that we could be losing De Gea, Pogba, Herrera and Lukaku in the same summer. That isnt a rebuild I'm affraid. Will we bring in players better than those?
He won't be going anywhere this summer, I don't think. He'll probably run his last year down and go for free. The best thing we can do is hope that he stops dropping clangers in his last year, and keep a close eye on Henderson in the PL.

Swearing Budgie

Pogba is a toilet. Good riddance. Expect us to sell for a loss because he wants to go and, well, Ed.

red thru&thru

Are people genuinely surprised? We have no direction, not much chance of major silverware in the next couple of seasons and haven’t gone anywhere in the three years he’s been here.

Of course it’s not ideal that he’s speaking out about wanting to leave, but at least he didn’t do anything halfway through the season. I don’t even have any issue with him wanting to move to Madrid or Juve, we’re clearly a level below them right now and he’s in the prime of his career.

You can argue that he’s part of the reason we’ve been so poor, in which case there’s no worries on our side, let’s just sell him for a good price and buy some other players. It’s a shame it hasn’t worked, but the last thing Ole needs is non committed players.
Agreed.

Also, I believe it helps us that he leaves with our rebuilding. We need players at the moment who can roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. Pogba is an icing on the cake type of player. Him leaving helps us both.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
That’s not the point. It’s that Hazard was in the final year of his contract. Pogba isn’t.
“Age, contract, ability, resale value, commercial value all factor into the price and Paul is superior to Eden in every one of those areas.”

Maybe I’m just clutching at straws, but still...

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I actually am happy he wants out and hope we squeeze every last penny from the buying team.

Pav1878

If he wants to go then he can go.

But if we sell Pogba and bring in fricking longstaff, that's embarrassing and god help us

vanderpants

knowing utd they will probably get their pants pulled down and sell him for £30m and a reserve player in exchange!

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Agreed.

Also, I believe it helps us that he leaves with our rebuilding. We need players at the moment who can roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty. Pogba is an icing on the cake type of player. Him leaving helps us both.
Yeah agree with both posts.

He gets treated like utter shit by the footy press (bordering on subtle racism imo), the club is being run so badly it's almost comical, the new manager is arguably not even PL standard (imo).

The new manager has also stated (already) that we won't be challenging for the PL next season...

Why waste your time in a situation like that when you could go to a team that will be challenging for the fecking CL?

And I'd add that we're now a number of levels below the teams that he could go to.

Mcking

These stats just say more about the other players than how good Pogba actually was. He played comfortably the most minutes of any outfield player and mostly in an advanced midfield position.

Another way of looking at them:
6 goals from open play. The 7 penalties could easily be on Ashley Young's stats instead.
Only 2 more assists than Ashley Westwood of Burnley.
Nearly half as many key passes as James Maddison (fair enough he takes corners as well).
5 more key passes than Kante (hardly known for his attacking prowess)

The stats don't show what we've lost due to lack of effort, poor positioning and bad decision making.
That's some serious mental gymnastics. What the statistics highlights in essence is how much the sixth best team in the league relies of its best player. It wouldn't look as impressive when you stat nitpicking each number and comparing them to the numbers of completely different players playing in completely different teams.

red thru&thru

Yeah agree with both posts.

He gets treated like utter shit by the footy press (bordering on subtle racism imo), the club is being run so badly it's almost comical, the new manager is arguably not even PL standard (imo).

The new manager has also stated (already) that we won't be challenging for the PL next season...

Why waste your time in a situation like that when you could go to a team that will be challenging for the fecking CL?

And I'd add that we're now a number of levels below the teams that he could go to.
Correct on all points.

People expect Pogba to be some type of player who's going to pick us up from the ashes and make us challenge again. What fans don't realise is, you need 10 other players around you, to help.

Patrick08

“Age, contract, ability, resale value, commercial value all factor into the price and Paul is superior to Eden in every one of those areas.”

Maybe I’m just clutching at straws, but still...
Ability? No.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I'll put money on it. He will be here next season.
We simply are not selling him for less than his worth because he wants to leave.
If with the investments we are making and with Pogba leading the team, we win the Europa league and at least get top 3 in the league, we may well have turned the corner and he will rethink.

Otherwise we can still sell him next summer.

redshaw

You should see the stick players get after games in Italy or Spain. That one fan is not the reason Pogba is going and it was very tame stuff.

He was brought in on a Mourinho project that went to shit and the near future is pretty bleak. This has been brewing for a while.

I remember the posts in 2016, many were quite pragmatic along the lines of "lets get Pogba in for three years, we get a top player in and sell him on for profit, win win".

We coughed up the money in 2016 while his own top choices of Madrid and Barca were reluctant.

We've failed with him in the side, whether you seem him as part of the problem or our only top player, the club has failed with him. It's 3 years since he joined us and we finished 6th again and lost to fecking relegated Cardiff at OT 2-0. I think we've failed as a club to get other top players in as I only ever saw Ibra on his quality level in the whole time.

Got no problem with him wanting to go. We had our chance to turn things around with him, it didn't work and I can only hope we do sell them a virus this time but I doubt it.

For people desperate for him to stay you can only hope this is him wanting a big bump in wages, like 400k+.

Last edited:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
At what point do we stop going after Raiola clients? Or will we never?

Any star like Pogba or De Ligt or anything else we buy with him will be coming under the proviso of fecking off to spain or wherever else of for another pay day.

AFC NimbleThumb

Video of one fan is a reason he's leaving or one of the reasons? That's ridiculous to say the least. As for social media lots of shit is put and said there, it's like you just got to know that or what? He shouldn't be excused from criticism especially when he gives half arsed performances.
Saying all that he wants to leave so why keep him. United was always just a stepping stone for him anyway. It's sad some fans can't see through his actions.
It’s an example.

I’m not here to provide a thesis of why he is or is not committed to the club.

This isn’t the Solksjaer thread I’m not trying to negate my own club.

Excused if criticism? Do you read my posts? I said he’s often not lived up to his potential. Behave, you don’t like the guy cause he doesn’t represent what you like in a footballer & that’s your prerogative but my question to you as it is with many is, why are you not as impassioned about other players [remember there are 11 on a pitch not 1] most who are not as good & just as half-arsed.

Stepping Stone :confused: It’s all hyperbole. Can we stop talk assumptions & talk facts. We bought him for a world record fee & the club has regressed around him [his form has been mediocre for long periods] but he’s won things with other teams whilst here so why would he not want to go to a club that would be spending close to €500mil in a window?

We don’t know for sure that we were a stepping stone or being used, it’s as if cause our fans are being jilted by the girl at the bar we’re screaming at her & calling her ugly.

Why people assume the worst of someone they see for 90mins a week & a few times on social media is beyond me.

I take your points on board./

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I really wish that the club has a way of refusing him any of his bonuses after his recent comments. Something along the lines of "your statements to the media about wanting to move on are a verbal submission of a transfer request". I'm not sure if players do it because they think they're being sneaky or because they're cowards.

R'hllor

There is no way people think that Pogba`s desire to leave puts only him in negative light and everything is ok from our end.

red4ever 79

Club have been informed that he wants to leave. Clear now with Stone, Ducker and Robson all going public with the story today that he has now informed the club he wants to go.

el3mel

Club have been informed that he wants to leave. Clear now with Stone, Ducker and Robson all going public with the story today that he has now informed the club he wants to go.
They're also reporting that the club isn't intending to sell so as we all know this drama is going to last till the end or so. It's not going to end any time soon.

God help us with such summer!

FrantikChicken

At what point do we stop going after Raiola clients? Or will we never?

Any star like Pogba or De Ligt or anything else we buy with him will be coming under the proviso of fecking off to spain or wherever else of for another pay day.
This isn't only about payday. Pogba isn't going to win anything with us for at least another couple of years. The guy wants to be getting trophies, not fighting for top 4.

red4ever 79

They're also reporting that the club isn't intending to sell so as we all know this drama is going to last till the end or so. It's not going to end any time soon.

God help us with such summer!
You think the club will keep him? I fully expect him to push for the move and Utd to sell him.

Icemav

I would like to see him gone now, but he needs to be sold for his matket value. None of the low offers he expects or Real Madrid want to pay. He has been touted about by his agent and never disagreed with statements. He is a world class performer on his day but he is widely inconsistent. I feel that to many excuses have been made for him, he needs better players etc.. he is a luxury player who does not improve those around and his decisions on the field of play like his decisions of it are generally not good for Manchester United.
He needs to be told he will go only when the club get the value they want, and if not he can train by himself for the year. This time the club are in the best position of strength and should not accept a low offer for him as an asset
100% agree! Very wise words.

Toad

Out with the old, in with the new. Pogba and Lukaku are everything that is wrong with this club. Even De Gea to some extent with his contract negotiations being so tiresome. They don’t want to be here and that’s not good for morale which will effect us on the pitch no doubt.

Potential for 250-300m for all three of them. Hopefully we do it and spend wisely with replacements who want to play for us because that’s what makes a good team.

jackal&hyde

I actually am happy he wants out and hope we squeeze every last penny from the buying team.
Because the last time we sold our best player we replaced him with such world class talent as young and valencia while being priced out of hazard.

Happy to get a big fee and then complaining that mediocre talent like rice/ longstaff and tielemans don't make the grade.

Don't get me wrong, if he want's out then we look for alternatives, but just like Ronaldo, we will not find a cm/am/mezzala that can do what Pogba does. We are failing at fixing the teams problems and loosing the class players at the same time.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Someone posted it earlier but I can’t find the reply - but I fully agreed with it.

I frankly don’t care to be honest. Of course on his day, he’s our best player. But sometimes his attitude stank and he genuinely did seem like a virus. Harsh, but it’s just my opinion.

If he wants to go, then honestly - he can go.
I think long term, we’ll be a better team without him. We haven’t found a 100% solid way to make him work in our team - so I’d rather an inferior player that we get more out of and is more suited to us than a player of his sheer potential underperforming majority of the time.

If he can get us £150million or so - I’ll personally drive him to Turin or Madrid.

Bring in Fernandes and another midfielder who is a complete box to box.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
"New challenge"? How about the challenge of being consistently a 7, or a 6 at least, and not a 4-to-9 jack in the box?

Shark

@NotShark
Out with the old, in with the new. Pogba and Lukaku are everything that is wrong with this club. Even De Gea to some extent with his contract negotiations being so tiresome. They don’t want to be here and that’s not good for morale which will effect us on the pitch no doubt.

Potential for 250-300m for all three of them. Hopefully we do it and spend wisely with replacements who want to play for us because that’s what makes a good team.
How on earth is Pogba everything that’s wrong with the club, when we have Lingard, Young, Jones, Mata, Matic all basically stealing a living. Maybe if we actually invest in players that can actually play football at the level United supposedly aspire to, Pogba might just want to want play here.

dasty

We decided to side with Martial and Pogba instead of Mourinho, and put all the blame on him. Can't say we don't deserve this. We let players undermine a manager's authority, and the player now thinks he is bigger than the club.

Our current transfer budget + the transfer fee we will get from Pogba will probably be around 300-350m. Guess which manager other than Guardiola that would love to spend that amount of money and win things, and has the track record to back him?

Dante

Average bang
How on earth is Pogba everything that’s wrong with the club, when we have Lingard, Young, Jones, Mata, Matic all basically stealing a living. Maybe if we actually invest in players that can actually play football at the level United supposedly aspire to, Pogba might just want to want play here.
Lingard, Young, Jones, Mata, Matic are squad players not good enough for the first XI. Pogba is a first XI player not good enough for the first XI. They're judged against different metrics.

Andersons Dietician

On his day by far our best player but No matter how good he could be, I do think we’d if we brought in the right people could probably be a better team overall without him. Which is madness because I am in no doubt if he goes to Real he’ll probably be the player we all wanted him to be for us.

Maybe hold for 1 more year and if we still haven’t found a way to make it work with him then sell him bring in Havertz and Aouar. Who we bring in would be critical.

Havak

Pokemon master
The more I think about it, the more it might be beneficial for Pogba to leave despite my belief that he is our best player. I feel that it is a somewhat similar situation to Wayne Rooney at United (barring the obvious one peaking and one declining). Whilst Wayne was at United, we were kind of forced to play 4231 to get him into the side and play out best way. Now, with Pogba, it's 433 or bust - this diamond isn't working and unless he was played as the no.10 in a 4231 it wouldn't work. I don't think being an out and out no.10 exactly suits Paul either. He has one position where he is outstanding which is left of a three and we basically need two guys willing to do the defensive duty but they're often not in the position to do it in this formation.

If Paul leaves, we could go back to favouring a 4231 in most games where the deeper midfield players are in better defensive positions more often to make us more solid, with our no.10 being able to join the attack quicker.

Just a thought, but I think for how important Paul is to us, his removal from the equation forces the staff to look at the tactics completely differently. I reckon we can cope with his departure, but I'd be surprised if we lost all of Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaku at the same time (and maybe de Gea). It seems like too much of a change up in one go and might force us to keep more mediocrity in our squad for longer than we want.

Herrera and Valencia have already gone and I was hoping we would hear more about Darmian, Rojo, and Mata leaving before the aforementioned players, unfortunately it will look more and more likely that some of these guys stay.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Would be a huge loss. Talk of Cancelo in a possible deal and then Eriksen as a replacement makes me think it could be the best business we’ve done in years.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
There are so many players who have openly said they want to leave but still delivered for their team on the pitch. We could even come to an agreement with him that we'll let him leave the next year if he doesn't create any problems and focuses on the team. I don't buy this argument that a player will under-perform if he wants to leave.
I agree with you if we take it as a generic rule. I disagree with you when the player in question is Pogba. His head is too far up his arse.