Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GM K

I just don't get how people think getting £150 million for him, which we won't, is some kind of victory for us, and also assume that all this will be reinvested.

A well run club would have set a deadline to get this done, and have a replacement either already here, or ready to go, not be sat here not knowing if your best player is going to turn up for the tour, have his agent chatting crap, and purchasing clubs smelling blood.

Realistically if he's going he should be gone by now, but this will drag on for weeks, especially if we're holding out for £150 million as so many think we should, I just can't see us having the time, or ability in the transfer market to replace him properly, if at all.
On point.

Same thing I said about Mourinho. If we were going to fire him, we should have done so at the end of the previous season. Leaving him for last Summer and not supporting him to recruit those he wanted, was criminal. Timing is everything in football.
I am already getting worried about next season.

haram

He’s not staying to fecking play in the Europa league and finish 5th when he can be crowned the best midfielder in the world by playing for a team that wins big trophies every year. We are shite and he is above the players in our team. People need to wake up.

Datuputeh

Supports
Everton
Sorry a newbie here but in what twisted world is Pogba a £150m player?

He is £80m at best regardless his battle talk for France. The spanish teams did not go for him when Juve fleeced him out and City left the table at £56m the last it was in the discussion. No one else wanted to buy him for the Raiola price but Ed!

Only United went in for an overinflated price. There were players then who had better goal attack and overall stats that went far less.

United has to admit that Juve pulled the pants down. And £70m should be what Real or Barca would pay for a diva whose only consolation is better stats in the worst run team and penalties that at least make the numbers seem real.

He’s not average, but he wasnt Juve’s talisman either. The sooner the hype dies of him being the next big thing the better will world football be.

Patrick08

On point.

Same thing I said about Mourinho. If we were going to fire him, we should have done so at the end of the previous season. Leaving him for last Summer and not supporting him to recruit those he wanted, was criminal. Timing is everything in football.
I am already getting worried about next season.
Bruno fernandes can replace him well as an attacking midfielder, behind 2 holding pivots like Matic and Longstaff playing together. I think he should be quoted 180m pounds this window as its so late. There is no midfielder we could bring in after selling him.

The indiscipline he is up to is a typical modus operandi of Madrid and Barcelona to drive down the price. Liverpool stood firm, so should we.

lifted

He’s not staying to fecking play in the Europa league and finish 5th when he can be crowned the best midfielder in the world by playing for a team that wins big trophies every year. We are shite and he is above the players in our team. People need to wake up.
Exactly.

I left a job a year ago because the company was tanking. Feels like the same thing.

Denis' cuff

This is exactly the way he should be treated. He should be banned from ever entering the grounds again.
Ollie and Woodward have become laughing stocks around the world, the former for treating Pogba with respect when in reality hr is just an immature adult.
If they don't get the team playing good football this year then Woodard, Ollie and the glaziers are finished in football.
I would have thought that the fans would have walked before now but as Keano says, there are too many posh sandwich eaters, or words to that affect, who will always fill the stands.
Unfortunately, the Glazers will decide when they are washed up.

As for the fans; modern day victims of media hype, not real supporters... mostly

Red since 76

We are shite???
We are underachieving because we have invested in players like him that are not willing to give everything for the cause..
Get rid and give the shirt to someone who plays for united and not just themselves.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Think that most people are awake. What needs to happen though is Real or Juventus to come with the serious offer.

Otherwise, he will play that Europa league.

Ban

Fek him. Let him go, he will be quickly forgotten hopefully.

Hes still under contract and should come to Australia or club should sort it out. If he goes AWOL I'm sure there will be an excuse or 2 ready. He's already bigger than the club.

Judas

Open to offers
If we don't get the money we deserve for him, he won't be going anywhere, no matter how messy that might be. But it's the right thing to do, we can't do anyone any favours.

haram

Fek him. Let him go, he will be quickly forgotten hopefully.

Hes still under contract and should come to Australia or club should sort it out. If he goes AWOL I'm sure there will be an excuse or 2 ready. He's already bigger than the club.
He is going on tour.

croadyman

If we don't get the money we deserve for him, he won't be going anywhere, no matter how messy that might be. But it's the right thing to do, we can't do anyone any favours.
I just worry that if we keep a player angling for a move then effectively we only have ten players every match.

haram

He came to the club, won the Europa League, and then two years later we are still in the Europa League. Meanwhile Juventus and Real Madrid are chasing him.

He is wasting his career here.

Patrick08

He came to the club, won the Europa League, and then two years later we are still in the Europa League. Meanwhile Juventus and Real Madrid are chasing him.

He is also the partner in crime, the reason why we are in Europa league.

el3mel

I'm sure he will end up travelling even if he thought otherwise. He will be a total idiot not to, because there will be no returning point from this and if the deal collpases he will be totally fecked here. He will travel.

Red since 76

Great post. Hope this can all be resolved before it gets too toxic.
totally agree..he’s not on the same level as the players you mentioned.
They were willing to work their ass off because they are born winners.
Pogba is a very good player but only when he has time to conduct the play.
His performances against big teams proves this.
He would do well with great players around him but we are not that team at the moment. Get rid and invest the cash and move on

Ballache

Supports
Martial

Fantastic, his agent should get Real or Juve to pay what we want and he can leave and not waste his career away.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What are the chances he gets offered a new contract, making him the highest paid player at the club and he stays :lol:. He is probably not happy that he only earns £90K a week more than Rashford.

rotherham_red

Who is the team built around then? Juan Mata? You appear to want us to devote one player solely to hold his hand for 90 minutes.

Pogba has been our star/main man since he re joined the football club. Now there's many reasons why it hasn't quite worked out. The club is to fault for being poorly managed. And Pogba has disappointed in his own individual displays as well. I have no issues with him wanting to leave - he's in the prime of his career and understandably wants to compete for top honours. At the same time, we haven't let victim Pogba down either. People being overly hash or the club come across as clearly biased one way or the other.
Pretty much sums it up, and I was one of those who backed him last year. Except I would say Pogba himself could and should have done a lot better, especially after the Real links emerged. He let himself down badly there, and at 27, for him to still be that inconsistent is a poor reflection on his professionalism.

He hasn't conquered England and Utd, and it will be stain on his legacy. Not that he'll care of course...

mad1max954

I’d personally sell him to juv out of shear distaste for Real Madrid. Like they have some outright ownership on the best players out there.

Dybala, bernardeschi and pjanic in return.

Right wing, CM and CAM/FC.

Exactly what we need.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yep, we’ve invested a significant amount of money in him, so we deserve to be adequately compensated.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
What are the chances he gets offered a new contract, making him the highest paid player at the club and he stays :lol:. He is probably not happy that he only earns £90K a week more than Rashford.
And give him the captain's armband for the 6th time marking our successful league campaign?

I would say zero.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I’d personally sell him to juv out of shear distaste for Real Madrid. Like they have some outright ownership on the best players out there.

Exactly what we need.
Juve have signed Ramsey and Rabiot, they have Matuidi, Bentancur and Can. Cant see Pjanic ever leaving them. Juve simply don't need him, its Madrid Pogba wants and is the reason he has gone public.

NinjaFletch

If only there was something in his power he could have done to stop that...

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
Sorry a newbie here but in what twisted world is Pogba a £150m player?

He is £80m at best regardless his battle talk for France. The spanish teams did not go for him when Juve fleeced him out and City left the table at £56m the last it was in the discussion. No one else wanted to buy him for the Raiola price but Ed!

Only United went in for an overinflated price. There were players then who had better goal attack and overall stats that went far less.

United has to admit that Juve pulled the pants down. And £70m should be what Real or Barca would pay for a diva whose only consolation is better stats in the worst run team and penalties that at least make the numbers seem real.

He’s not average, but he wasnt Juve’s talisman either. The sooner the hype dies of him being the next big thing the better will world football be.
In a world where we don't want to sell him. And if they really want him, then make an offer that reflects it.

Shame Everton didn't want to sell Lukaku cheap either eh.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They would, but that’s because they’re freaks over there. I wouldn’t say our fans have been ‘really kind’ supporting him. He’s split opinion ever since he came back.
We're really not, we're the same as every other fans in Spain and even Italy

Raw

Exactly what we need.
Why do people think these insane swap deals are in any way possible :lol:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
In a world where we don't want to sell him. And if they really want him, then make an offer that reflects it.
Sadly we all know this isn't true, player power and given who his agent is he will be sold if he really wants to go. Its better to sell him now than the last few days of the window.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sadly we all know this isn't true, player power and given who his agent is he will be sold if he really wants to go. Its better to sell him now than the last few days of the window.
Curious to think if that's your position whenever a Spurs player wants to leave the club? We've got three years left on his contract and if no team matches his 150m price then he's going to stay.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Curious to think if that's your position whenever a Spurs player wants to leave the club? We've got three years left on his contract and if no team matches his 150m price then he's going to stay.
Yeah it is actually, my opinion is formed because of when players like Modric, Bale and Berba came out publicly saying they wanted to leave. Its not a good look publicly in the media and it disrupts any transfer plans the clubs has for itself. Eriksen wants to leave I will happily let him go, preferably to a club abroad and for a decent fee move on and hopfully upwards.

The Taurean

looks like a chipmunk
Nothing is so common as the wish to be remarkable.
He can be sold considering the negativity beginning of last season and again at start of preseason but no chance at 80 mill euros. People are daft if they think that.

Anycase, We are a midfielder short and going about selling our best midfielder and try to replace him too is terrible business. If it does come to pass, imagine board won't sanction move for a raiola player anymore.