Pogba Future

Would you accept Dybala and Sandro for Pogba?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Handsome Devil

I think there might be more respect for Paul, and perhaps some sympathy if he made a statement along the lines of Rooney in 2010 when he said that United's reluctance to compete for the top players were a reason why he wanted to leave.
I know that went down like a lead balloon with us back then because SAF was still at the helm but, well, we've "all passed a lot of water since then."
That, and slap in a transfer request as it is plain he wants to leave. This (perceived) hissiness is not going to work.

KennyBurner

id be happy if Ole convinced him to stay this season. he can leave the next but not this one were we are so behind in quality. Ofcourse I still expect us to add at least 4 more players this season but its looking a bit unrealistic with 1 month left to go.

tomaldinho1

The narrative that Pogba wasn’t influential to winning the WC always amuses me. It’s like people didn’t actually watch the WC.
This is probably the biggest misunderstanding when it comes to Pogba and people who reference the WC. He was immense for France but the frustrating thing was that he was immense in a position/role that he'd been crap for us in. I remember Mou made a comment about this because he was frustrated that Pogba did exactly what Mou wanted him to but in the WC and not the PL.

Therefore, when at Juve in an AM role he was exceptional (surrounded by excellent, technical players and in a dominant team) and with France in a deeper role he was equally great (surrounded by excellent, dynamic and technical players in a team that were favourites) so the argument about our general team quality is one that can't be ignored. Put simply, our recruitment has been so woeful I feel he's actually entitled to want to move away from United - we aren't winning the PL and CL anytime soon and I have zero trust in our senior leadership when it comes to getting us back on track.

The manner in which he's trying to force the move is wrong and I think he's a prick for doing it, particularly because Mino is such a cnut. The fact he wants to move however, I completely understand.

Amarsdd

He already wasted 3 years, they showed to the world that they don't want to build around him. Why it would change now ?? They are just buying time because they know that this squad is weak and they can't afford to lose Pogba this summer.

He was already fooled 3 years ago, he can't make the same error twice. He's 26 since march, time flies and a footballer career is short. It would be unwise to stay.

And I'm not even talking about the issues off the pitch.
Dude, you sure you're in the correct forum? you might have mistaken redcafe for pogcafe.

Halal Jalal

This is probably the biggest misunderstanding when it comes to Pogba and people who reference the WC. He was immense for France but the frustrating thing was that he was immense in a position/role that he'd been crap for us in. I remember Mou made a comment about this because he was frustrated that Pogba did exactly what Mou wanted him to but in the WC and not the PL.

Therefore, when at Juve in an AM role he was exceptional (surrounded by excellent, technical players and in a dominant team) and with France in a deeper role he was equally great (surrounded by excellent, dynamic and technical players in a team that were favourites) so the argument about our general team quality is one that can't be ignored. Put simply, our recruitment has been so woeful I feel he's actually entitled to want to move away from United - we aren't winning the PL and CL anytime soon and I have zero trust in our senior leadership when it comes to getting us back on track.

The manner in which he's trying to force the move is wrong and I think he's a prick for doing it, particularly because Mino is such a cnut. The fact he wants to move however, I completely understand.
Well said.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I'm not sure why some fans want him to stay, he's checked out.

I'm sure behind the scenes, we're just waiting for the right offer.

Coops73

Let’s get him out of our club now and please let’s not deal with his shitc**t of an agent again.

lewwoo

Pogba fanboys are very loyal will give them that. Surely even his most ardent supporters see he must go now.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

That's a good assessment that. I don't feel any ill feeling towards him either. Was far more gutted when Ronaldo left, as I we all knew we'd be severely weakening ourself whilst we were one the best teams in Europe, and Real were bang average. Now, we're just shite, who wouldn't go to Real?

caid

I wasn't entirely shocked when he was focused and consistent in the world cup tbh. Its a months worth of games. He goes through phases of not giving much of a feck, when winning the league is beyond us or were 2 goals behind against a random relegation struggling team. Which i cant entirely blame him for. But its very much his own weakness. I can understand the frustration but his reaction to it has never been good.
Cant say much for Juventus tbh. Could you make the argument that they're dominant enough that he could be distracted and sloppy and get away with it?

tomaldinho1

I wasn't entirely shocked when he was focused and consistent in the world cup tbh. Its a months worth of games. He goes through phases of not giving much of a feck, when winning the league is beyond us or were 2 goals behind against a random relegation struggling team. Which i cant entirely blame him for. But its very much his own weakness. I can understand the frustration but his reaction to it has never been good.
Cant say much for Juventus tbh. Could you make the argument that they're dominant enough that he could be distracted and sloppy and get away with it?
Yh in my mind the attitude/focus part is the real negative in his time here. Although it works both ways because he really has been exceptional in some games and then just dreadful in others, so how much is that down to just being part of an average team and how much is him just not caring - likely somewhere in the middle.

As you say tournament football no doubt helps in terms of focus because it's essentially what like 7 games and then a trophy? As for Juve I don't think he was distracted there at all but mainly because he hadn't 'made it' and had a lot of senior players there to help him/way less attention and pressure.

I'll watch his next move with interest because, assuming he does go to a Juve or Real he will have zero excuses in terms of overall team quality and we will see if he can maintain a high level for a whole season. Sadly I actually think he'll be incredible wherever he goes because they'll play him as an AM and surround him with awesome players. Can you imagine how good he'd be with Casemiro and Kroos/Modric behind him for example & then having Hazard, Jovic and Vicinius/Bale as options when attacking.

Full bodied red

Fine, but how a clubs best player wanting to leave because they are stuck in the wilderness can be taken a positive I'm not sure.

Addition by subtraction, I tsuppose.

Or in other words, it might turn out that we'll have 11 players pulling together instead of 10 trying to + Pogba playing for Pogba.

I'm not saying it absolutely will be better, of course, but I think we've seen and heard enough to at least give it a try - it can't be worse than the last half dozen games of last season when the team really did appear to be a man short most of the time.

C'est Moi Cantona

Addition by subtraction, I tsuppose.

Or in other words, it might turn out that we'll have 11 players pulling together instead of 10 trying to + Pogba playing for Pogba.

I'm not saying it absolutely will be better, of course, but I think we've seen and heard enough to at least give it a try - it can't be worse than the last half dozen games of last season when the team really did appear to be a man short most of the time.
But they all dropped off a cliff near the end, Pogba at least gave us a glimpse of the quality he has, Martial or Sanchez couldn't even do that for briefest period last season, Lukaku seemed to regress, Rashford was just given the freedom to do what he wanted, when his ability never warranted it , and DDG lost the plot, the majority of rest of the players are just average, and it showed.

But Pogba is the one who gets the majority of the stick, we all know about his social media obsession, but I would argue strongly this was one of the reasons he was bought, and it has probably been encouraged since he has been here, he isn't leaving becasue we won't pay him more, so why is he wanting out? Because he sees us as a sinking ship, and wants to make the most of his career, yet people seem to think it's a positive thing, it's just not.

Perhaps if Martial for example, had half the ambition Pogba has he'd do the same, but he's happy to sit there on £200 k per week whilst offering nothing, and sign the contract whilst doing so, that to me is more a thing to get angry about, and the sort of player we should look to as a bigger part of our problems just now.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Obviously we don't know what happens behind the scenes at these clubs but I wonder if we're interested in any of these Real players (Ones that want to come of course)

They clearly want Pogba, he's got plenty of time on his contract so they need to persuade us, we just need to dig our heels in.
If we can genuinely get 120m + Ceballos that would be a great start to a rebuild.
With the 120m we can add some quality and depth to our midfield which we're clearly lacking.
Bruno - 50m, Lemina - 15m, Longstaff, 25m, Olmo - 25m

I know this could be seen as 'fantasy' but all of a sudden, our midfield looks very good, with depth and youth... All for the price of Pogba who doesn't wanna be here and doesn't put the effort it:
CDM: Matic, Longstaff, Garner
Creative CM: Bruno, Ceballos, Pereira, Gomes
Box 2 Box CM: Fred, Lemina, McTominay
RW: Mata, Lingard, Olmo
LW: Martial, Sanchez, James

Means the likes of Garner, Chong, Gomes could be loaned out
Means the likes of Sanchez, Mata, Matic, Pereira could be moved on if and when needed
Also means we've got a RW solution for this year and can push for Sancho next year if its a deal that can be made

Full bodied red

But they all dropped off a cliff near the end, Pogba at least gave us a glimpse of the quality he has, Martial or Sanchez couldn't even do that for briefest period last season, Lukaku seemed to regress, Rashford was just given the freedom to do what he wanted, when his ability never warranted it , and DDG lost the plot, the majority of rest of the players are just average, and it showed.

But Pogba is the one who gets the majority of the stick, we all know about his social media obsession, but I would argue strongly this was one of the reasons he was bought, and it has probably been encouraged since he has been here, he isn't leaving becasue we won't pay him more, so why is he wanting out? Because he sees us as a sinking ship, and wants to make the most of his career, yet people seem to think it's a positive thing, it's just not.

Perhaps if Martial for example, had half the ambition Pogba has he'd do the same, but he's happy to sit there on £200 k per week whilst offering nothing, and sign the contract whilst doing so, that to me is more a thing to get angry about, and the sort of player we should look to as a bigger part of our problems just now.

I don't disagree.....

But I still think that we'd be better without Pogba and, in particular, the bad atmosphere which he and his agent have created.

This isn't the first time....And if we don't solve it this summer, it'll repeat and continue every six months and that can't be good for the future of the club.

Have you ever worked with someone who didn't like the company you were both working for, and spent all day, every day, saying they want to get a new job somewhere else ?? I have....Demoralising for everyone who had to work with him....

caid

Yh in my mind the attitude/focus part is the real negative in his time here. Although it works both ways because he really has been exceptional in some games and then just dreadful in others, so how much is that down to just being part of an average team and how much is him just not caring - likely somewhere in the middle.

As you say tournament football no doubt helps in terms of focus because it's essentially what like 7 games and then a trophy? As for Juve I don't think he was distracted there at all but mainly because he hadn't 'made it' and had a lot of senior players there to help him/way less attention and pressure.

I'll watch his next move with interest because, assuming he does go to a Juve or Real he will have zero excuses in terms of overall team quality and we will see if he can maintain a high level for a whole season. Sadly I actually think he'll be incredible wherever he goes because they'll play him as an AM and surround him with awesome players. Can you imagine how good he'd be with Casemiro and Kroos/Modric behind him for example & then having Hazard, Jovic and Vicinius/Bale as options when attacking.
Maybe. I think there'll probably always be critics and doubts about him. Hes had some real stinkers in some fairly high profile games. Game against liverpool were we could have conceded 3 or 4 goals from corners was one that sticks in the head. Marquinhos had a bit too easy a time against him last season.
You'll probably be right. I think by and large hes improved a bit over his time here.

Bobski

The narrative that Pogba wasn’t influential to winning the WC always amuses me. It’s like people didn’t actually watch the WC.
What impressed most was how disciplined and focused he was. He picked his moments and kept his head in the game, was happy to play simple and did all the dirty, boring defensive work that if you are truly a midfielder, you have to do. Sides of his game we rarely see at Utd. The telling thing about that tournament is that critically from his peers and football experts, it was the most impressed and convinced that these people have been by him. Yes his game is great fun and exciting but he was a proper player in that tournament.

He is a great player but is he really the player we need at this time? We need him to play like the WC Pogba, controlled, steadying, responsible, be a leader. It is just not his character over a full season, has too many games when he comes out lackadaisical, asleep, trying to show off. Those times when he is back in a defensive position and just lets a runner go infuriates me. a leader can't do that as often as he does. Not expecting him to be the first guy back stopping a counter but switching off as easily as he does, bad look.

No doubt he will put up a great highlights reel at Madrid, they will have a strong team around him, and plenty of cannon fodder to pad the stats against.

RoyH1

Some of the posts I read on this thread make me wonder if we won’t see a tiny exodus of posters when/if Pogba leaves. So negative with the club and forgiving him all, as if our limitations had absolutely nothing to do with him?

C'est Moi Cantona

I don't disagree.....

But I still think that we'd be better without Pogba and, in particular, the bad atmosphere which he and his agent have created.

This isn't the first time....And if we don't solve it this summer, it'll repeat and continue every six months and that can't be good for the future of the club.

Have you ever worked with someone who didn't like the company you were both working for, and spent all day, every day, saying they want to get a new job somewhere else ?? I have....Demoralising for everyone who had to work with him....
Yeah of course I see that, but if that person is sick if their working environment, because they've outgrown it, don't like the way it's run, know can do better, don't find it challenging enough, etc, and then are replaced by someone with lower expectations, and less ability, then no matter how nice they are it's a backwards step, depending on that businesses ambitions to be the best, and if Pogba goes then this is bound to happen, as there are just no other players anything like as good as him available.

But I agree, it'll be counterproductive keeping him, just not for reasons that'll benefit United.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mate read this post back to yourself will you? Pogba fooled omg!! are you ok bud? Seriously. We are Manchester United the biggest club in the World, we offer the best environment to produce the best you can week in week out. Its Pogba who has fooled you all, he promised heart, desire and effort. I've not seen anywhere near enough from him to worry about him leaving that's for sure. He'll be remembered for a shit PK run-up. Pog-bitch!
Glad it's not just me. What an outrageously idiotic comment, like we're some two bit outfit. And not Man Utd paying him 300k a week and giving him the biggest stage to perform on in the country!

Sterling Archer

Some of the posts I read on this thread make me wonder if we won’t see a tiny exodus of posters when/if Pogba leaves. So negative with the club and forgiving him all, as if our limitations had absolutely nothing to do with him?
I sure hope it's not like the first time he left, when we kept bumping his thread every time he scored exclaiming that Fergie was wrong. All the while most never actually watching Juve play.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Just hope we dont keep some guy who does not want to be here. He was trying last year and looked poor in a lot of games. Imagine what he will look like when he doesnt try at all.

If we have to take a hit, so be it.

clarkydaz

hopefully. reminds me of the Rooney fans when he was stinking the club out, wouldn't have a word said against. Difference being this guy has achieved hardly anything while here

Classical Mechanic

Looking at Pogba’s career stats, defensive work in midfield for United by way of tackles and interceptions has been weaker than it has for Juve and France, his first season with us was his best too and has got worse. Is this tactical, the pace of league or is his just not putting as much effort in for us? It would be interesting to see his running stats for those sides.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/97752/History/Paul-Pogba

George The Best

Just hope we dont keep some guy who does not want to be here. He was trying last year and looked poor in a lot of games. Imagine what he will look like when he doesnt try at all.

If we have to take a hit, so be it.
This is our problem with this window though isn’t it. We’ve hardly done any business early doors, as Ole wanted, and now we are on the back foot defending our position with Pogba and Lukaku and possibly having to replace them late in the window.

Lara lhg

Let’s get him out of our club now and please let’s not deal with his shitc*nt of an agent again.
Hear, hear, absolutely agree with you. We will still be Man Utd without him no question. Sir Alex was right I think.

Datuputeh

Supports
Everton
In a world where we don't want to sell him. And if they really want him, then make an offer that reflects it.

Shame Everton didn't want to sell Lukaku cheap either eh.
Have to admit we pulled your pants down on that deal too!

Your business people really have to get in with the times. Won’t be the last pants being pulled down if Maguire happens.

marktan

I think people chose to believe what they wish to believe, frankly. I also doubt how many people actually watched all of France's matches, I watched all of them but can't really remember any except the final and the Argentina matches. I think people then extrapolate that ignor
What impressed most was how disciplined and focused he was. He picked his moments and kept his head in the game, was happy to play simple and did all the dirty, boring defensive work that if you are truly a midfielder, you have to do. Sides of his game we rarely see at Utd. The telling thing about that tournament is that critically from his peers and football experts, it was the most impressed and convinced that these people have been by him. Yes his game is great fun and exciting but he was a proper player in that tournament.

He is a great player but is he really the player we need at this time? We need him to play like the WC Pogba, controlled, steadying, responsible, be a leader. It is just not his character over a full season, has too many games when he comes out lackadaisical, asleep, trying to show off. Those times when he is back in a defensive position and just lets a runner go infuriates me. a leader can't do that as often as he does. Not expecting him to be the first guy back stopping a counter but switching off as easily as he does, bad look.

No doubt he will put up a great highlights reel at Madrid, they will have a strong team around him, and plenty of cannon fodder to pad the stats against.
It's because football is a team game, in that midfield he had Kante and Matuidi running around him, he could afford to be more disciplined. He had Griezmann, Mbappe and Giroid all making runs, all largely doing something. With us he has to play with Martial, Lingard and Rashford - Rashford the only one who game to game actually looks like he can do something, and even then he missed a load of chances that would've been Pogba assists last season. I feel that's why Pogba tries to do more with us, you watch our games and there's just a lack of anyone else doing anything creatively at all.

If he did go to Madrid I think he'd thrive, like he does for France. I think it'd also be good for us to sell him and get 2-3 quality players in to build our poor squad. One player alone like Pogba won't solve the wider issues in our squad.

croadyman

Anyone even remotely confident we will sign 2 midfielders at least if Pogba does stay. Personally I just can't see it right now and certainly see no chance of 3 midfielders if he leaves either.

shahzy

Agreed with this. Getting pissed off at him wanting to leave shows a real lack of empathetic skills on behalf of the person doing it. This team is run probably the worst of the top 30-40 clubs in the world. The footballing squad is mid table quality. The immediate future looks like nothing is going to change. As a 26 year old, one of the best midfielders in the world who is very ambitious its VERY easy to see why you wouldn't want to waste your time any longer.

Instead of being pissed off at the player for wanting out. Look at why the player wants out and you'll see its the same thing some/most of us have been shouting out for years. Woodward + Glazers due to a combination of ineptitude and arrogance haven't a scooby doo on how to run the FOOTBALLING side of the business. 1's a sleazy banker who's got no clue, the other are multiple sleazy wankers who also have no clue.