Pogba = Gerrard?

Slevs

likes to play with penises
An out of form Gerrard is 5 times the player Pogba usually is.

fps

Gerrard is ten times the PL player Pogba has been. Who the hell is going to remember Pogba even played in PL in ten years’ time?

Green_Red

If you mean comparison because they're both massively overrated, then yes, I agree.

mu4c_20le

Not in the slightest. Gerrard did stuff. He scored goals. He got assists. He made tackles. He ran

Pogba isn’t a footballer. He can’t do anything. He’s like that kid at school who could do 1000 kick ups, a “round the world” and then catch it on his neck but couldn’t get a game in Sunday League.
Is this what the kids are saying on social media these days? I've seen it used all the time for everything.

Web of Bissaka

Two key differences.

1) Gerrard wanted to play midfield B2B and he's fairly good at it, while Pogba only want to attack playing further up the field, on the wing or centrally and he's usually better there than at deeper positions. I remember it's because the Pool manager at that time (Rafa was it?) wanted to instill a tactical system, with disciplined holding midfielder. Gerrard is just not good for that specific role, so the next best position for him is RM or SS/CAM, best at RM so they still get to use his energy, B2B abilities, and long passes. Us instead insist on forcing/shoehorning Pogba into a role where he just doesn't fit, seriously the only useful thing Pogba had is his long passes for CDM role, which is not enough since it's not like Pirlo-esque nor Scholes-esque (not even Carrick/XabiAlonso-esque) and in return our defense are far more exposed, not worth it.

2) Gerrard is far consistent and step up more often than not, like a leader. Pogba doesn't and we can't iron out his usual poor decisions makings at the back and inconsistencies.

Damn it, hate this thread, forces us to basically praises Gerrard.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Not in the slightest. Gerrard did stuff. He scored goals. He got assists. He made tackles. He ran

Pogba isn’t a footballer. He can’t do anything. He’s like that kid at school who could do 1000 kick ups, a “round the world” and then catch it on his neck but couldn’t get a game in Sunday League.
Reminds me of that quote by Cruyff, where he said that such a player you have described belongs in the circus.

Panicrev

I'd give my left nut for a Gerrard type player over Pogba. Roy Keane summed it up after the game, we have no leaders on the pitch.
Pogba may have the talent but thats useless without the 'will to win' attitude.

Mr Smith

I've been saying this for years. Most of the same strengths and all of the same weaknesses.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Pogba would be 10x better if he had the grit and passion that Gerrard had. If he fought for every ball, kept things simple and showed his flair/talent in the right situations then the comparison would be there. Right now though, he’s not got his head in the game to come close to Gerrard. He’s a drifter and provides very little.

Irwin99

Said it before but the Pogba/Bruno combo reminds me a lot of the Gerrard/Lampard one that England endured for about 8 years and never found a solution to.

Gerrard's contribution to Liverpool was 10x that of Pogba's to United, even if they do share some qualities.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I couldn’t care less about how Pogba plays for France. But I would take a prime Gerrard above anything Pogba has ever shown at United.