Pogba

Banana Republic

We’re not going to get £50m for him.
For a start, he hasn’t proved he’s worth that over the last 5 seasons ( the majority of his senior career), but more because of the remaining contract time left.
Any club wanting to buy, will try to negotiate knowing it’s a take it or leave it situation for Utd.
Take what’s on offer or face him walking for free.
Then you’ve got to ask, what club is going to pony up £400k pw and massive sign on fees for both the player and his Cnut agent, on top of a large transfer fee?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Just let him go, sack him this summer if no one is willing to buy him.

We'll save a years worth of wages!

Paul778

Sigh. Another day and he's still here. Things are looking up with very sensible targets being approached. Just don't want his vile circus stinking up the place next season.

We don't rely on him already because we can't rely on him.

Begone

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
What are we going to miss in Pogba? He’s not deep playmaker and he is not box to box. We keep forcing him to play in this deep playmaker role but never work out. He is advanced playmaker and wide playmaker but we already have Bruno and Sancho for those roles. Move him on.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Someone knows absolutely nothing about how contracts work.

The idiocy when Pogba is involved knows no bounds.
I just don't want to see pogba anywhere near utd. He always gives the impression that he's not arsed and i think he might be spreading negativity in the squad. His attitude is worse than ince and ince was putting in more performances on the pitch than pogba ever has and still got shown the door by fergie.

Ole should grab pogba by the collar and show the him the door and kick his fat cnut of an agent out of old trafford.

The United

Ill say this, tbf his last contract was 5 years ago. Not saying he deserves this on his own but he hasnt been greedy while he's been here.
Edit he isnt getting 1m a week. Thats absolutely ridiculous
What do you mean he has not been greedy while he has been here?

Cantonagotmehere

We’re not going to get £50m for him.
For a start, he hasn’t proved he’s worth that over the last 5 seasons ( the majority of his senior career), but more because of the remaining contract time left.
Any club wanting to buy, will try to negotiate knowing it’s a take it or leave it situation for Utd.
Take what’s on offer or face him walking for free.
Then you’ve got to ask, what club is going to pony up £400k pw and massive sign on fees for both the player and his Cnut agent, on top of a large transfer fee?
Maybe sad but true, but his huge popularity might help?

Posh Red

I just don't want to see pogba anywhere near utd. He always gives the impression that he's not arsed and i think he might be spreading negativity in the squad. His attitude is worse than ince and ince was putting in more performances on the pitch than pogba ever has and still got shown the door by fergie.

Ole should grab pogba by the collar and show the him the door and kick his fat cnut of an agent out of old trafford.
What makes you think he’s a bad influence like Ince?

cyberman

What do you mean he has not been greedy while he has been here?
Making contract demands. Its the same contract he signed 5 years ago and football has changed drastically over that time. Normally a top player has 1 or 2 improved contracts by then

The United

Making contract demands. Its the same contract he signed 5 years ago and football has changed drastically over that time. Normally a top player has 1 or 2 improved contracts by then
They tried and it didn't seem like United were that interested. So, they tried to get out but Covid stopped it. His agent is known to move his clients around for more money. Saying they are not being greedy is totally opposite to how they operate.

So, he had to honor his contract with us. What else could he have done?

Last edited:

manutddjw

I can almost guarantee that if we sell him this summer, by October this place will have hundreds of posts about how we need a creative midfielder.

cyberman

They tried and it didn't seem like United were that interested. So, they tried to get out but Covid stopped it. His agent is known to move his clients around for more money. Saying they are not being greedy is totally opposite to how they operate.

So, he had to honor his contract with us. What else could he have done?
But we have been trying to get him to sign for a long time now. Thats not really true, its been Paul resisting contract negotiations.

Infra-red

I can almost guarantee that if we sell him this summer, by October this place will have hundreds of posts about how we need a creative midfielder.
We're not particularly reliant on him for creativity - Bruno, Shaw, Telles and Rashford all created more chances per 90 minutes than Pogba last season. He doesn't lead the charts at United for progressive passes, or progressive carries, or expected assists or any of the other metrics you'd ordinarily use to quantify creativity. He's likely to fall further down the charts with the arrival of Sancho, too.

We do need to bring in someone for the double pivot with improved passing/creativity vs McFred, but that would still be the case even if Pogba stayed (because he's a liability in a midfield two).

hungrywing

We're not particularly reliant on him for creativity - Bruno, Shaw, Telles and Rashford all created more chances per 90 minutes than Pogba last season. He doesn't lead the charts at United for progressive passes, or progressive carries, or expected assists or any of the other metrics you'd ordinarily use to quantify creativity. He's likely to fall further down the charts with the arrival of Sancho, too.

We do need to bring in someone for the double pivot with improved passing/creativity vs McFred, but that would still be the case even if Pogba stayed (because he's a liability in a midfield two).
Has anyone ever plugged in his stats for France (aka alongside Kante) into our side; get a rough idea of how he’d do “with a proper DM omg omg he’s totally worth £500k/w because he has like 78m social media followers you know and don’t forget he cost £89m because he’s totally worth that price oh god he’s so amazing at passing

The United

But we have been trying to get him to sign for a long time now. Thats not really true, its been Paul resisting contract negotiations.
I mean you know his agent right? Come on.

We probably didn't pay enough or didn't want to both of them.

Last edited:

CG1010

Has anyone ever plugged in his stats for France (aka alongside Kante) into our side; get a rough idea of how he’d do “with a proper DM omg omg he’s totally worth £500k/w because he has like 78m social media followers you know and don’t forget he cost £89m because he’s totally worth that price oh god he’s so amazing at passing
Wonder if there has been any other player for whom it is widely held belief that he can perform well only in specific relation to another player? Never heard it for any other great footballing talent in the past but this trope that Pogba can only play alongside Kante keeps coming up. We've had various midfielders - Matic , Herrera, Fred, and Mctominay play with him and yet it has to be Kante. We should have done a package deal for Pogba and Kante when we got him.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Let's not lie to ourselves, with how he performs, there'll be posts asking for someone to compliment Pogba to get the best out of him again. He's a massive waste of money

The United

Wonder if there has been any other player for whom it is widely held belief that he can perform well only in specific relation to another player? Never heard it for any other great footballing talent in the past but this trope that Pogba can only play alongside Kante keeps coming up. We've had various midfielders - Matic , Herrera, Fred, and Mctominay play with him and yet it has to be Kante. We should have done a package deal for Pogba and Kante when we got him.
Funny thing is I am sure there were games where he played like how he does at times with United in the France game along with Kante.

But, they don't count. I guess.

CG1010

Funny thing is I am sure there were games where he played like how he does at times with United in the France game along with Kante.

But, they don't count. I guess.
Yes, even in the last game, reportedly French players were unhappy with Pogba's defensive contribution. For me the problem is Pogba's focus which translates in differences in performances during a long league season vs short international tournament.

The United

Yes, even in the last game, reportedly French players were unhappy with Pogba's defensive contribution. For me the problem is Pogba's focus which translates in differences in performances during a long league season vs short international tournament.
I said it before. He is extremely talented and elegant when he wants to be. But, for us, he is just a luxury player. United never does well with that type of players.

Unless of course you are Ronaldo. The rest has to share their workload like a proper team player to be successful at United.

caid

I said it before. He is extremely talented and elegant when he wants to be. But, for us, he is just a luxury player. United never does well with that type of players.

Unless of course you are Ronaldo. The rest has to share their workload like a proper team player to be successful at United.
I think thats true of every team in modern football. Managers like guardiola and tuchel will get players like De Bruyne or Havertz working their guts out for their team. Virtually no one in football is going to outmatch their talent so your not getting on their level without matching their work rate.

CG1010

Exactly. What's galling is that its not like he produces even a fraction of attacking output of the likes of Ronaldo whenever he is given that freedom.

AFC NimbleThumb

Bar Jose, managers & players are complimentary of him as a man and player but you want to make statements about his attitude based on what? The fact he doesn’t see himself at United for his whole career? He dances? He dyes his hair?

He won the player of the tournament the last time we won anything so he has done ‘something’ for the club. I’m a fan of Pogba the player but will openly admit he has been terrible at times for us. That said, anyone saying he’s never performed or anything to that effect is being disingenuous.

There are countless reasonable/valid arguments about why Pogba the player could be replaced with a different type of player to help the team progress & these arguments are sometimes made but your overly emotional post is nonsensical, you literally can’t just cancel his contract to save money.

As for his agent, funny how that same agent doesn’t seem to be an issue for the Caf contingent that want Haaland. . .

Chairman Steve

As long as he is adequately replaced, he can go. His entire package which has pros and cons if all listed down, just isn’t worth it. I’m fed up of hearing his brothers talking about other clubs and his fat feck agent undermining us every six months or so.

talking robot

As long as he is adequately replaced, he can go. His entire package which has pros and cons if all listed down, just isn’t worth it. I’m fed up of hearing his brothers talking about other clubs and his fat feck agent undermining us every six months or so.
Seconded. If PSG are willing to give us 50 million pounds (even 40 million), I'd happily take that if the money can be re-invested in the squad.

talking robot

Id snap your hand off for that much.
PSG may put good money on the table since if Pogba runs his contract down, he'll have his choice of clubs and they'll end up paying more in salary if they do get him (messing up their wage structure). If you want to be sure to lock down the player, moving now is probably the right thing to do.

hobbers

~£40m transfer fee and £15m saved on wages...

Or agree to pay him £21m a year (£100m contract), pay Raiola his £30m blood money, and the Pogba/Raiola circus continues.

Yeh no brainer.

Last edited:

Polar

If PSG offers £40-50m for Pogba it isn’t much to think about:D

Strelok

What a mess we've found ourself in. Knowing us and regarding the market I'm pretty sure we'll cave in and give him and his fat prick agent whatever they're asking.

We'll be able to continue our incredibly interesting debate of what's his best position for the next fecking 5 years. Cheers.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
There doesn't seem to be any serious interest in him and likewise we don't seem to be seriously looking for a world class replacement.
He's obviously going to see out his deal and we'll replace him next summer.

Mainoldo

Assume he’ll be the highest paid player in our History soon. Get it done United we need him.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I look forward to the day when football agent comissions are severel nipped in the butt so predators like Raiola are toned down.

Good on Milan for standing up to him. Time that Manchester United does the same. Paul Pogba is a world class midfielder. Paul Pogba can also never truly offer worth to the rumored contract figures. He hasnt done that in his years in Manchester United, and he wont suddenly start doing it now.

He'sRaldo

I look forward to the day when football agent comissions are severel nipped in the butt so predators like Raiola are toned down.

Good on Milan for standing up to him. Time that Manchester United does the same.
Tbf this sounds very funny if you strip football context from it.