Pogba

Martial

This narrative needs to die. He has been one of our best players for few season. It seems people are living in denial when it comes to Pogba.

This was in 18-19

Even in 19-20 and 20-21 season he was pretty good when he was fit and one of the reason why our season fell apart was because he got injured.

It's just he has been incredibly injury prone for last 2 season.
Didn't Mourinho end up getting sacked that season and we ended up finishing 6th?

If that's his best we have been ripped off.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Didn't Mourinho end up getting sacked that season and we ended up finishing 6th?

If that's his best we have been ripped off.
Your point was he wasn't performing for United. I showed you he did. But now goalpost is changed. Seems like for some ignorance is bliss when it comes to Pogba.

Friendly reminder : Football is played by 11 player. Individual performance may or may not lead the team to better result if remaining 10 don't contribute.

Dunk the Lunk

We are a better team with him, but we should set him a firm deadline for signing a new contract otherwise we do a swap deal with Madrid or sell him to PSG.
Are we?

With Paul Pogba starting
Games: 31
Wins: 17
Draws: 6
Defeats: 8

Points per game: 1.83
Win rate: 54.8%

Goals: 59
Goals per game: 1.9
Goals against: 44
Goals against per game: 1.41

Without Paul Pogba starting
Games: 30
Wins: 18
Draws: 8
Defeats: 4

Points per game: 2.06
Win rate: 60%

Goals: 62
Goals per game: 2.06
Goals against: 24
Goals against per game: 0.8

Borys

Statistics Wizard
This narrative needs to die. He has been one of our best players for few season. It seems people are living in denial when it comes to Pogba.

This was in 18-19

Even in 19-20 and 20-21 season he was pretty good when he was fit and one of the reason why our season fell apart was because he got injured.

He has been ok to good for us over the years, no regrets in signing him. He was standing out player when we were at the lowest point a couple years ago.
But we're much better now and he isn't a key element to the team. Injuries being part of that, but hardly a reason to give him a new deal.

Glorio

Are we?

With Paul Pogba starting

Wow ... That's interesting! How far back does this cover for though?

M16Red

This was in 18-19

That team was so, so bad. 2018/19 is blocked from mind as utd fan.

Sixteen (all comps) goals being the top utd scorer just tells you how much we've moved on as a team. Ole has done a good job

Eugenius

Are we?

With Paul Pogba starting

Without being rude, what do your eyes tell you when you watch the game?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Are we?

With Paul Pogba starting

Yes we are, when he is fully fit. A lot of fans downplay the effects covid had on him in the season. The numbers don't lie of course but a little context isn't bad either.

laughtersassassin

Are we?

With Paul Pogba starting

We wouldn't have got near the EL final without him though.....

Idxomer

Wow ... That's interesting! How far back does this cover for though?
Only last season and this doesn't prove much because it doesn't take into consideration a lot of factors.

Look for example the difference in ppg between Martial and Cavani.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I will say one thing, PSG will have one hell of a side if they get Pogba and with all the other business they have conducted. Donnoruma, Hakimi, Pogba and Ramos are all massive upgrades. I'd probably put money on them for the champions league finally.

RUCK4444

This was in 18-19

Shhhh don’t show them facts, its dangerous, it’s like waking a sleepwalker!!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Beyond the first post this thread really hasn't been about him signing a new deal at all has it :lol:

This is why I'm fed up about all the Pogba threads, you could have just one to discuss whatever the hell you're discussing

::sonny::

Raiola is bringing all his players to Psg ;)

Free agent to Psg, now he is faking an interest to extend the contract (like Donnarumma did till the end)

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Replace Pogba to Sancho, Varane, Camavinga is basically already an upgrade of our squad. And also VDB might be like a new signing, he will get more minutes to play.

ghagua

Come on PSG, get an offer in, and sign him for feck's sake. Maybe sign a moody French striker along with him. No matter the talent, if they are not producing consistently they need to get ridden off. They have had plenty of time to prove themselves. Can't just live in hope, eventually, they need to produce the goods as well.

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’ll be delighted if we can get a good fee for him. I love watching him as a player when he’s on form but it’s time to be pragmatic.

Dunk the Lunk

Without being rude, what do your eyes tell you when you watch the game?
That we are better without him.

Look, im not blind, when he is good he is pretty darn good but those games are (imo) few and far between. I value consistency very high and i dont think Pogba offer us that. Then the way he is so easily dispossessed in dangerous situations isnt good for my blood pressure.

I dont think he is a bad player, far from it, i just think he isnt the right player for us. I hope we sell him to PSG and find a better suited player.

romufc

I will say one thing, PSG will have one hell of a side if they get Pogba and with all the other business they have conducted. Donnoruma, Hakimi, Pogba and Ramos are all massive upgrades. I'd probably put money on them for the champions league finally.
The problem is quite alot of these are attacking players. Ramos is at the end of his career, I don't think there is a big difference between him and Thiago.

They need to get their balance right if they want to win the CL.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The problem is quite alot of these are attacking players. Ramos is at the end of his career, I don't think there is a big difference between him and Thiago.

They need to get their balance right if they want to win the CL.
Donnaruma
Marquinhos Ramos Kimpembe
Hakimi Wijnaldum Verratti Pogba Bernat
Mbappe Neymar

It is very balanced team imo. Pogba playing in advanced position in free role like how he used to play with Juventus alongside Verratti (Pirlo), Wijnaldum (Vidal) and 3 at the back. Even if they sell Mbappe, they still have Icardi.

SATA

He's definitely leaving, i can live with that. Hope we meet Paris in the CL final and he watches Bruno and Varane pick up the winners medal after the final whistle

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
70-75 million euro. I’d drive him there myself. That’s only a 15 million loss after a few fluctuating seasons with injury and most likely motivational issues. For 40 you’re nearly as well off sticking a dm in for one season and seeing if this unlock talk is all just hype or if it could actually work out. If it works out he stays on the huge money. If not he leaves on a free. Worth a gamble.

Just sell if the money is good though

Last edited:

GazTheLegend

Looks like it's finally happening. We'll have a stronger side next season if we can get someone better suited to the double pivot than Pogba (while also being a better passer than McTominay).
Boufasi is pretty reliable when it comes to French players too. Reckon at the end of the day we will be forced to sell. But in that case good riddance to Raiola and his antics at the very least. Never forget that cnut coming out and chatting shit about our club and Pogba the -night before we played arguably our most important game of the season at that moment- against Leipzig

izzydiggler

Nah he won't go PSG, he's said on many occasions that it would be a dream to play for Madrid…I’m sure money and an easy ride won’t override that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Nah he won't go PSG, he's said on many occasions that it would be a dream to play for Madrid…I’m sure money and an easy ride won’t override that.
Madrid are in a right old state and are saving their budget for Mbappe next season. That dream is over, it died when Zidane left.

bosskeano

If PSG are willing to pay £60m for Pogba this summer, you send him on a first class private jet to Paris tell him au revoir

Don't really understand the complete blindness to this guy and what he clearly doesn't offer this group of players and to this squad. This isn't about him being talented but it's about him not fitting into the team dynamics and about not showing up on a game by game basis much like when they were knocked out of the Euros. Yes, full credit he scored a cracking goal but at the same time they gave up 3 goals and had players constantly yelling at him to help defend and due the defensive work.

Sell him and bring in a solid #8 that does the dirty work from box to box but also can play next to someone in the double pivot. We don't need an attacking mid as we have Bruno and it looks like Lingard will stay so a ready made replacement/sub for Bruno.

0le

If we cannot extend his deal, then we should look for something around £70m. Otherwise I would keep him because he can make the difference between securing or not CL football which is probably worth that region of money.

hubbuh

The landscape has changed and Madrid probably aren't an option anymore. If he wants to leave (and he clearly does), he isn't going to turn PSG down if they are offering a fat packet.

bosskeano

If we cannot extend his deal, then we should look for something around £70m. Otherwise I would keep him because he can make the difference between securing or not CL football which is probably worth that region of money.
you won't get 70m with him out of contract next summer and if he doesnt' want to extend, you have to sell him this transfer window. You can't have him going into the season out of contract and a free agent come january as it would be too big of a distraction. Also, he isn't the guy that is going to make the difference between us finish inside the top four or not.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Don't be a pushover. Obviously €80 million would be fantastic but squeeze every penny out of them.

They're not buying him to reclaim the Ligue 1 title, they believe he will make the difference in winning the CL (silly bastards...) so make them pay heavily for it.

bosskeano

this guy would make for an ideal replacement for Pogba. You could buy Sabitzer and Camavinga for almost the money you'd get for Pogba.