Pogba suspended for alleged anti-doping offence | Banned for 4 years

Jonty

He has never cheated in his career. Was tested multiple times at United with nothing found. He has had worse injuries before and nothing was found. 100% clean history.

My prediction is that someone doesnt want him at Juventus and spiked his drink. He will beat these charges. Just another hurdle to overcome.
Is this the queue for tinfoil hats?

el3mel

He should just retire at this moment. His career is going downhill every day that passes.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Uncastrated Boar Meat is a firm favourite among sport stars.
Yeah, looks like the BTC burrito migrated across the Atlantic after Schumacher relocated the team.

This is a worlds colliding moment for me. If you know anything about running forums, you know that every discussion eventually ends up being about doping. The naivety on display from people here asking "why would he bother?" stands in stark contrast to the usual among running fans, where every single good race is due to chemical enhancement :lol:

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
In fairness to him why would you dope now in your 30s.
That's usually when the first signs of aging, such as increased recovery times, start to appear. A little something in your burrito will go a long way in mitigating those negative effects entirely.

Jerom

Doping issues at Juventus, hmm what a surprise...

What a shame his shortage of intelligence is of more influence than his football talent.

m1tch

My prediction is that someone doesnt want him at Juventus and spiked his drink. He will beat these charges. Just another hurdle to overcome.
That narrows it down to the owners, staff, and fans at Juventus then.

DomM

hilarious, at least we are rid of him, we have different issues to deal with.

Irwin99

What an odd career! Had the world at his feet before moving here a second time, won the world cup and then, well....just not a lot really. Good season in 2018-19 I guess.

Oranges038

He has never cheated in his career. Was tested multiple times at United with nothing found. He has had worse injuries before and nothing was found. 100% clean history.

Is there anything around Juventus that doesn't involve a conspiracy theory?

I suppose we'll be hearing how the doctor who took the sample was from Naples, the sample was passed through Rome and the test completed in Milan. Silvio Berlusconi announced the results by having them carved into his headstone.

mitChley

Banned from the Saudi league?
If he is banned, then it doesn't matter where he goes as playing with a banned player could get all the other players banned. Now if they only play in Saudi, and have no plans to go as where, then maybe it won't matter but a big part of failing a drugs test is you are banned from associating with anyone who is still under a testing regime.

There is a British former Olympic lifter called Sonny Webster that got 2 other lifters nearly banned as they kept training with him, if memory serves they both got final warnings.

CloneMC16

He's finished, then. He's already constantly injured and if he missed another year or so for this, nobody will touch him.

Seems weird, though, because he wasn't even playing. I could understand trying to cheat if you were playing.

Can't help but feel sorry for the way his life and career has gone since he left us. He was so good at one stage.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Damn, Sounness must be ecscatic. Probably wishes he's still with us.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
If there's ever a case of a player being surrounded by the wrong people its pogba.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
alan partridge once had too much of that and drove to dundee in his bare feet.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
He's finished, then. He's already constantly injured and if he missed another year or so for this, nobody will touch him.

Seems weird, though, because he wasn't even playing. I could understand trying to cheat if you were playing.
Surely he’s more likely to cheat because he wasn’t playing? Looking for a little extra help with his rehab and recovery.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Wonder what he was taking when he played for us, something stronger than I ever took I'd say.

Aretak

Be surprised if it's intentional. Where's the upside for him? Wasnt even playing, makes no sense.

My money is on stupidity, taking something not approved or possibly some other more nefarious explanation.
He's not playing because he's a wreck physically. It's plausible that it could have been a last ditch effort to try and get his career going again by giving his body a helping hand in trying to get fit and stay fit again. Given the way things have gone for him over the past few years, it could have seemed like a risk worth taking, given his career has looked basically over anyway.

RedDevil@84

So glad he was offended by us for the late nothing contract. The circus is not in our town. Imagine a doping scandal in middle of our RW shit shows