Pogba's run up | Pogba mocks it on social media

meamth

Hey old parents, welcome to the age of meme. That is not mocking, it's called "becoming the meme".

I personally like that run up, made it more infuriating for the keeper to wait for that moment to come.

peridigm

Watching DC United the other night, Rooney had a similar style albeit not as drawn out as Pogba's. I don't recall Rooney's approach being like that when he was at United.

Either way, they both remind me of this.

OldTrevil

How's this nonsense still open when the matic with no poppy nonsense is locked? :lol:

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
He can do whatever he wants as long as he's providing assists to our strikers, scoring goals and anchoring defense and attack. Penalties are 50/50, doesn't matter if you run or walk, if the goalie jumps the right way you are fecked.
If you take into account the top 5 Leagues, CL, EL, World Cup, Copa America & the European Championships since the start of the 90s, you have over a 72% chance of scoring your penalty. So no, it really isn’t 50/50.

If every goal keeper were 7ft and dived the right way every time but the striker of the penalty put it into the side netting, the % would still be higher than 50% scored. There are no 7ft Goalkeepers in the top leagues.

Mcking

It seems I'm the only one that really 100% love the run up. My only worry when he makes that run up is the media backlash if he misses. I hope he keeps doing it if he can score 8 out of ten like he was doing until against Everton.

haram

It’s supposed to put keepers off but I’m not sure it works anymore...

paitonboy

no he used to do a very similar run up when he was with us, it was quicker than Pogba's though.
The run up is embarassing and just sets him up for more media ridicule when he misses. He really needs to focus his game and iron out the inconsistencies because unless he does he will never be regarded as a great.

peridigm

The run up is embarassing and just sets him up for more media ridicule when he misses. He really needs to focus his game and iron out the inconsistencies because unless he does he will never be regarded as a great.
He's missed two penalty takes out of 6 since joining, and scored on the rebound for one of those two. 83% conversion rate is not bad. 66% is you're not counting the rebound against Everton.

I wouldn't say the run up is embarrassing but it is a bit cringe.

While on the subject, has there ever been a player that totally changed their run up or style when taking a penalty? I always thought Tevez had a good approach. He would start to the right of the ball but when he struck the ball he was on the left as he took it with his right foot.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
You either score or do not score, even Ferguson said it, what are you smoking?
By that logic, there's a 50% chance that you'll die walking home tonight. Because you either will, or you wont.

Read a book.

macheda14

He can do whatever he wants as long as he's providing assists to our strikers, scoring goals and anchoring defense and attack. Penalties are 50/50, doesn't matter if you run or walk, if the goalie jumps the right way you are fecked.
If you hit it hard and fast into any of the corners 9 times out of 10 the keeper will not be able to save it, even if the jump the right way. Penalties are very very much weighted in the taker's favour.