Points countdown until top 4 is secured | 1 point left, 2 games to go | Can almost taste it...!

PoTMS

We need 8 points from 15..

liverpool have 3 games left max points they can get is 71.

we have 5 games left max points we can get is 78

we can loose 2 games and still secure 4th. Its in our hands dont bottle it just yet.
We need 9 points. Our GD is appalling compared to the teams that can take top 4 from us.

sepulturite

we can loose 2 games and still secure 4th. Its in our hands dont bottle it just yet.
Nah we need 9, Liverpool's goal difference is miles ahead of ours so we'd need that extra point.

Jericholyte2

8pts could have us level with Liverpool if they win their last 3, which gives Liverpool top four on GD.

We need 9pts.

sepulturite

And where do you see the goals coming from to get those wins?
We've been fine at home in the league so we'll get the goals in them for definite. Plus after today we'll be back to one game a week for a couple of weeks, so some much needed proper training sessions and rest will help too. It's going to be close no doubt, but we're in the driving seat and I think we'll be fine.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The good news is that we don't really have another fixture against a technically strong team on the ball who also defend high up the pitch. So I expect our build up to be much better in the remaining league fixtures.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The idea that this team is going to cruise the home games while under pressure is baffling.

jem

You just know we’ll wilt against West Ham tomorrow, with Martial half-assing it and Rashford and Antony missing chance after chance.

Dannn411

Just seen Newcastle's fixture list. Wow. If they get through that and are still in the top 4 then they deserve to be in the top 4. Think Liverpool will make the CL because their fixture list is far too easy for them to not make it. It's now a matter of who will drop out to let them in, us or Newcastle?

Josep Dowling

The idea that this team is going to cruise the home games while under pressure is baffling.
Exactly. This team doesn’t grind out results like Liverpool are currently doing. Our best CB pairing are injured and since then we have been woeful. Personally I see us losing to West Ham and then the pressure is really on to win 3 of 4. I can’t see us doing it.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Nobody said we're going to cruise it. I think we'll do just enough in the home games, as we've done even under poor form.

lsd

The Oracle
I would say it's clearly over and we have blown it. Liverpool will win out and I doubt we will win even one game with our current squad

May as well just rest our important players like Rashford,Bruno and Cas now for the cup final.

Thursday nights next season once again for us

Baneofthegame

If we can't get three wins against West Ham/Wolves/Bournemouth/Chelsea/Fulham then we deserve exactly what we get.

Irwin99

Our home form has been superb this season, that's why people are rightly confident. You only have to look at how worried some people were about Aston Villa visiting and how they were unbeaten in x amount of games, doing brilliantly under Emery etc. and the result was a pretty standard 1-0 win with not much trouble.

Home form should see us through, although i would like at least one away win to make us a bit more secure.

sepulturite

I would say it's clearly over and we have blown it. Liverpool will win out and I doubt we will win even one game with our current squad

May as well just rest our important players like Rashford,Bruno and Cas now for the cup final.

Thursday nights next season once again for us
I presume your trolling here? So hard to tell on here these days

pgwajantri

Yes we will win tomorrow.
You are not realistic but a pessimistic to the core

Even if we win tomorrow, i am sure you will be back with another pessimistic reply nothing more add from you

always_hoping

Haven't really cruised in many matches this year, so a bit baffling anyone thinks it will happen now with such weary team after such a hectic season.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
Five games left, three of which are homes games. So far this season, we have played 16 PL home games, winning 12, drawing 3, and losing 1 (Our very first game). The three teams we have left to play at home are currently 10th, 11th, and 13th in the table. All are relatively mediocre teams, all have no chance of qualifying for Europe, and all won't be relegated. These teams won't have much to play for but we will.

We've played 17 PL away games this season, winning 7, drawing 3, and losing 7. However, we can break this down further. Against Top 9 sides, we have played 8 games, won 0, drawn 1, and lost 7. Against every other side, we've played 9 games, winning 7, drawing 2, and losing 0. The two teams we have left to play are currently 12th and 16th. Therefore, West Ham are the only side we'll play for the rest of the PL season who realistically have something important to play for.

Kinky Melinky

We need a comprehensive, confidence inducing win away to West Ham tomorrow. Many teams have hit a lull throughout the season and manage to snap out of it. We shouldn't be any different. I'm hoping we start to snap out of our lull tomorrow and take an improved level of form into the remaining fixtures. Who knows, if everything goes our way we may even finish 3rd.

Thrillho

People who are claiming that we’re not going to make Top 4 are just being plain ridiculous. Nothing’s a given but our run-in is much more favourable than Newcastle’s and we’ll be back to one game a week (like most other teams) after tomorrow. Need an away win against Wet Spam to get some momentum but those of you who are saying we’ve already blown it are just doom mongering.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
You have to assume Liverpool win their next 3 games which means we have to get to 72 points.

That's 3 wins out of the next 5. We've won 1 of the last 3 so have to improve to avoid a complete f up of a season. Must win today otherwise winning 3 out of last 4 is a challenge.

Jericholyte2

Right, where are all those cnuts who called me a drama Queen over the last few days!!!

@Thrillho
@sepulturite

THIS team, in THIS form, need 3 wins out of 4!

Yes, we need a fecking miracle!!!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
OP genuinely deserves a ban

crossy1686

career ending
Right, where are all those cnuts who called me a drama Queen over the last few days!!!

THIS team, in THIS form, need 3 wins out of 4!

Yes, we need a fecking miracle!!!
Chill out mate, we're 'comfortably' in the top 4 apparently. 2 games in hand or something and we all know they automatically just convert to 6 points at some point.

FujiVice

Beat Wolves, beat Bournmouth, beat Fulham. It should be easy.

But it wont be.

Todd

It's Liverpool's to lose now. Anyone who doesn't see that is living in denial.

They are going to terrorize Leicester and Southampton. I think they'll beat Villa as well but that's realistically their only chance of slipping up. So they'll wind up on at least 69 points, but probably 71.

We're not getting anything at Bournemouth, so now we're in a position in which we absolutely have to win all 3 home matches, and in our current form I just don't see us doing that, since, you know, we simply cannot score goals anymore.

Paul_Scholes18

We are stronger at home and got easy games, but the general feeling is we will bottle it.

Witchking

But the time we face Chelsea, it will be out of our hands. We are not winning against Wolves at home. Form has gone to shite and we cannot handle pressure. Liverpool know this. Fecking hell, the only consolation was that Liverpool would not be in the CL when we lost 7-0 to them and now getting to the CL at our expense is such a fecking nonsense feeling.

croadyman

We are literally one game away from relying purely on home form. Have been riding our luck in a few games there too.

siw2007

Was pretty calm up until now about the race for top 4. Wasn’t overly brash about our chances but felt confident that we could do it.

After today, my feeling has changed. I’m not sure that this team has 9 points in it. We look dead out there, we look physically and mentally shot to pieces and costly mistakes are happening too often. Yes, there are easier games awaiting us but you have to play to a certain level in order to win those games and we aren’t coming close to that.

ETH is fortunate enough to be gifted a rare 6 days to fix this. This will be a crucial period for our season. The players get a bit more recovery time and the manger has time to re-organise the team. We just have to get this right!!!

MalaysianRed7

We need three wins from 4. Assuming we lose to Bournemouth (it’s away), who says that we’re beating all of Wolves, Chelsea and Fulham at home? Even if we do beat Wolves and Chelsea, these players are not mentally strong enough to win a one-off, see it through game on the last day of the season, which we’ll have to against Fulham.

Jericho

Leicester will do us a favour, relax.
Will they feck. Liverpool have momentum and Leicester will wilt.

We have 4 games left and I can see a draw and a loss in there, there's legitimate reason to be very concerned now. Anyone saying we shouldn't be worried isn't basing their opinion on the form of the team right now and is merely looking at the points/games-played difference between ourselves Liverpool. We built up the difference when we were playing decently and their were in shits. It's the opposite now. We have the ability in this team to do enough but we're not showing it.