[Poll Added] Hypothetical: Next manager after Jose Mourinho

Who would be your current choice for next manager after Jose Mourinho?

• Total voters

Member 5225

Not sure how long Jose Mourinho will stay at the club, surely another 2/3 seasons atleast, hopefully more - but re: the next manager, I'm almost at a blank. Any names caught your eye, someone you would like to take over, assuming Jose Mourinho has steadied the ship?

Pochettino, err Giggs, Ancelotti, etc

el3mel

That's way, way too early. We don't know what top managers will be available at the time Jose leaves.

redNATION

Too early, but either way, it's got to be Zidane. He'd come here, and win the CL in a heartbeat.

If we're as big as we say we are, we should just take Pep from City.

Devil may care

I like the cut of Pochettino's jib and he's yet to work with a real budget, he'd be the natural choice when Jose's contract is up IMO.

SirAF

Ageist

"Poch" may not even be flavor of the month anymore by then.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I like the cut of Pochettino's jib and he's yet to work with a real budget, he'd be the natural choice when Jose's contract is up IMO.
My only concern with him is his lack of trophies, a winning mentality and background should real be a part of our next managers make up, don't want his inexperience in the run down for a title to hamper us.

Other than that he'd be a great fit here.

Devil may care

My only concern with him is his lack of trophies, a winning mentality and background should real be a part of our next managers make up, don't want his inexperience in the run down for a title to hamper us.

Other than that he'd be a great fit here.
To get a proven winner will be hard though, I know some say Zidane and that could be interesting, but I'd certainly rasther risk on Pochettino than go for say Ancelotti at this point.

Kapardin

I'd actually want Conte. Dunno if he will agree to another stint in England. He's a winner and won't moan so much if we give him backing in the market.

Simeone I'd certainly not mind, but he seems a bit too one-dimensional for my liking at times.

Pochettino is certainly a possibility, but he needs to do better in cup competitions and win something before he is considered.

el3mel

Poch is a good manager but again, we don't know by the time Jose leaves if he'll be still managing Spurs or have already moved to another top club. That's why we can't talk about a new manager till the current one is still available for at least 2-3 more years. We need to know which managers will be available first at this time.

Bwuk

Impossible to tell as we don't know how long Jose will be here.

If Jose was to leave tomorrow - I'd offer to treble Pochettinos wages. Best manager in the league imo.

Him or Simeone if it happened today.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
To get a proven winner will be hard though, I know some say Zidane and that could be interesting, but I'd certainly rasther risk on Pochettino than go for say Ancelotti at this point.
True, but I only said win a few titles, so far in his managerial career he hasn't won anything (not that I can remember?) And that's worrying as of now, although I'd agree I'd take him over Ancelotti as there's something I don't like about Ancelotti.

Pochettino pretty much ticks all the boxes for me,he just needs to go all out to win something like the F.A cup and prove he's got what it takes to win.

Andersons Dietician

I’d go Poch. I don’t think the likes of your peps, Klopps,Contes so on would leave current clubs or jump to United. Sure when it comes to it there will be other candidates but if Jose was to leave tomorrow it would be Poch.

ottosec

Giggsy is ready to take over. He's been watching every United game on TV since he retired, surely now he's experienced enough.

Yakuza_devils

1) Poch
2) Simeone
3) Zidane
4) Jardim
5) Pep (first choice if didn't manage city)
6) Kloop (2nd choice if didn't manage Pool)

R'hllor

I would think that natural replacement for JM is Simeone, similar how i saw that Pep would be after LvG. Regardless we should have clear vision when it comes to our future managers.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Too early, but either way, it's got to be Zidane. He'd come here, and win the CL in a heartbeat.

If we're as big as we say we are, we should just take Pep from City
What's that trying to imply? That we're not as big as we say we are?

That's a very silly thing to say.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Simeone
Ancelotti
Zidane
Jardim
Allegri

It would be mental and unsurprising if we got Guardiola from City, he has no problem saying the truth about City's size as a club. But, its not out of the equation that he manages Spain after he's done at City.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I'd love it to be someone like Giggs or someone with a connection to the club.

Edit: some will think this is a joke. Six of the last nine champions leagues have been won by a novice manager at one of their boyhood clubs. It's a great way to go.

Zoo

I hope we're keeping an eye on Leonardo Jardim.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Be honest - could we take Pep from City? I don't like to admit it, but City are pretty much a big, established club now, we no longer have that over them.
I really don't understand your point. No we couldn't take Pep from them. That's got nothing to do with us however, or this thread really.

I reckon Zidane would consider managing us. Does that mean City are bigger then Real? No. There's plenty of other circumstances at play than purely us not being big enough to take City's manager.

With all that said, I wouldn't even want Pep now. Would you?

prtk0811

I'd like to see Ryan giggs manage elsewhere successfully have a strong Philosophy and then manage at United.