Portsmouth vs Manchester United Wednesday 15 August (19:45 BST)

Kelvin

We better win, as I cannot tolerate anymore dropped points.

CasaStreets

I'd have the same players but I'd have Giggs on the left and Nani on the right with Ronaldo up top with Tevez.

However, I half expecting we go with Scholes, Carrick and Hargreaves in a 3 man midfield with Giggs, Ronaldo and Tevez as the 3 attacking players.

Either way, I'm expecting a win.
Agreed all the way.

starman

Tevez is going to start apparently, not sure what’s happening with Dong but he must make the bench, was surprised he was not even on it against Reading.

Kelvin

Tevez is going to start apparently, not sure what’s happening with Dong but he must make the bench, was surprised he was not even on it against Reading.
Why should it be Dong, I rather give that chance to Campbell if we are that deserpate.

Jacob

Interesting to see Tevez. Somehow, I feel we will drop points though as a matter of our last result.

OK enough.

Redcafe star:Man utd for life. a player from Somal
We've lost 3 of the last 4 here, 1-0, 2-0, 1-3, 2-1

We owe the cnuts, but it'll be very difficult for us.

I agreed that it would be very tough test for us but I am sure that being champions this time will help us to win at Frankan Park.

It hurts last season when we lost against Pompey at FP but this time Tevez's arrival will change the situation:D

Who predicated 0:0 for us against Reading at OT? I bet no one!

OK enough.

Redcafe star:Man utd for life. a player from Somal
Giggs is shite :(
Against Reading he was ok.

Guys understand something, we are champions of england so every team is looking or marking close to our great players like Ronaldo, Giggs and Rooney(I hope he recovers soon) so this season won't be easy for us.

Chelsea had similar problems last season where they struggled in such places like White Harte Line so what I am saying is that don't criticize our players so soon!:smirk:

el eric

Why should it be Dong, I rather give that chance to Campbell if we are that deserpate.
i'd play O'Shea on his own up front again before i'd play fecking dong. Campbell might make the bench though. i was impresssed with him in the Glentoran game. Although to be fair, they were shite.

NobbyStiles_

Tevez
Giggs - Scholes - Ronaldo
Carrick - Haregraves
Evra - Vidic - Ferdinand - Brown
Van der Sar

Kuszczak, O'Shea, Fletcher, Nani, Anderson

Tevez

XI:-------------------Van Der Sar-----------------
Brown-----Ferdinand----------------Vidic------Evra
------------Carrick---------------Hargreaves------
Ronaldo----------------Scholes---------------Giggs
------------------------Tevez---------------------

Subs: Kuszczak, Silvestre, Fletcher, Anderson, Nani
I think ** right

Sjarkus

I expect us to be really keen to bounce back after a somewhat disappointing result at Old Trafford. Tevez will make his debut, and Paul Scholes will be much closer to fitness than the Reading-game. I expect us to put on a usual back four of Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic and Evra, with Ronaldo, Scholes, Carrick and Nani making up numbers in midfield. Tevez and Giggs will probably start on top, although what I hope for is that Giggs and Ronaldo swap places and Ronaldo supports Tevez up front.

I expect this to be a tight game, but I fancy us nicking the 2-1 win after a debut goal from Tevez, and Ronaldo opening his account for the season.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I just hope Fergie plays his players in their best position.

I like the idea of playing Scholes behind the striker, but if Hargreaves isnt fit, I would not hesitate and play Anderson behind Tevez

ThaBozza

I suspect what you can and cannot tolerate are at the forefront of the player's minds.
:lol:

Kelvin said:
Well, the manager signed him as a striker. Kept him in Belgium for a couple years for experiential and work permit purposes. Now he's brought him to the club. No one other than SAF much rates him, but if he can't at least make the bench when we have no fit strikers, then he really has no reason for existence as a Manchester United striker, does he? I think that's why.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
pompey 2-1 United

tough place to go, if you think reading played like it was their cup final, pompey have done it to us a few times at Fratton in the past.

not looking forward to this one

London_Red

I exist
Tevez
Giggs - Scholes - Ronaldo
Carrick - Haregraves
Evra - Vidic - Ferdinand - Brown
Van der Sar

Kuszczak, O'Shea, Fletcher, Nani, Anderson
My only problem with that is the lack of striking options on the bench. If its really not working or Tevez were to knackered to carry on we need another striker on the bench. That was SAFs mistake before. Dong or Cambell maybe the only real options but its better to give one of them a chance and atleast put them on the bench. I would probably drop Fletcher or Anderson from the bench in this case.

ThaBozza

My only problem with that is the lack of striking options on the bench. If its really not working or Tevez were to knackered to carry on we need another striker on the bench. That was SAFs mistake before. Dong or Cambell maybe the only real options but its better to give one of them a chance and atleast put them on the bench. I would probably drop Fletcher or Anderson from the bench in this case.
Definitely need at least one striker on the bench, if not two. The interchanging midfielders thing is nice, but is unsuited for the Premiership to a large extent, and works best when we are on a roll, which we are not. I say Tevez and Dong up front, Campbell Anderson O'Shea/Fletcher Pique Kusczak on the bench.

If the likes of Dong and Campbell can't get a chance during a crisis like this, there is no point in having them at the club.

Number7

Ret's Slave
are you mad then? all right enough of all this personal insults, get back to football please.
:lol:So you are then?

He used to say that alot, and post lots of ':mad:' smilies, like yourself.

Welcome back bestie :)

hehe

Kelvin

:lol:So you are then?

He used to say that alot, and post lots of ':mad:' smilies, like yourself.

Welcome back bestie :)

hehe
No, I am not, I don't even know who bestie is :confused:

stop being such a prick.

Julian Denny

I'd have the same players but I'd have Giggs on the left and Nani on the right with Ronaldo up top with Tevez.

However, I half expecting we go with Scholes, Carrick and Hargreaves in a 3 man midfield with Giggs, Ronaldo and Tevez as the 3 attacking players.

Either way, I'm expecting a win.
I think I would go with what you ar expecting. I want to see Hargeaves and Carrick holding the midfield with Scholes used in a more forward role - creating teh chances. It would be wrong to drop Scholes after Sunday. When you consider it, he hardly had a pre-season at all and was bound to be a bit off the pace. Anyway a front three of Tevez, Ronaldo and Giggs will also be ok. However we must steer clear of the solitary striker idea, particularly Tevez in his first game - it doesn't work for us and it's asking too much of him particularly.