VDS
Brown Rio Vida Evra
Fletch Scholes O'Shea Giggs
Rooney Tevez

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Greatest. Thread. Ever.

This will be a tough game, and one I'm not too confident on, Pompey always give us a tough game at home and we looked very flat today, hopefully we can nick a 1-0 win, but if I'm being honest I think this will be a draw.

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
Thank you smurf, it is a rather good thread isn't it. Heart says United win as always, head says draw for me too. Pompey might even knick it, if Giggs misses the game, although that could leave us with this possible line up:

Vds
Brown Rio Vida Evra
O'Shea
Scholes Fletcher
Tevez Campbell Rooney

Could work, if we manage to deal with the lack of width.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
This will be a tough game, and one I'm not too confident on, Pompey always give us a tough game at home and we looked very flat today, hopefully we can nick a 1-0 win, but if I'm being honest I think this will be a draw.
True, Fratton Park is rarely an easy place to go, but then their current dip in form is even worse than our own. If this was a few months time and Pompey had discovered how to get the best out of Crouch and Defoe, we'd be facing a tougher task.

If Redknapp wants to take something from the match he should attack us, while we are weak or relatively so. However i don't think that he will.

0-1/2

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Thank you smurf, it is a rather good thread isn't it. Heart says United win as always, head says draw for me too. Pompey might even knick it, if Giggs misses the game, although that could leave us with this possible line up:

Vds
Brown Rio Vida Evra
O'Shea
Scholes Fletcher
Tevez Campbell Rooney

Could work, if we manage to deal with the lack of width.
Lacks creativity too me, Rooney was poor today, Scholes was unusually poor with his passing. O Shea isn't going to tear open defences either.

It's going to be a tough game, hopefully Rooney and Scholes will both improve on todays performances and sharpen up. We have 8 days to ready ourselves.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
1-1 draw would be my prediction. Really need Tevez and Park to be available or we might even lose.

Tevez Rooney
Park Scholes O'Shea Fletcher
Evra Rio Vidic Neville
VDS

uae

I reckon Rooney will improve playing with Tevez, and Scholes always seems to play well against Pompey. fecking hate monday night kick offs though.

Addict

Fantastic thread!

When is Anderson back from the Olympics? We desperately need him

uae

Anderson will not play

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
People should bear in mind i think, that Tevez may need to be given some time after his return from Argentina. It can't just be assumed that he'll be on top form.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
fecking hate monday night kick offs though.
Pros and cons, really used to like the build up for the Monday night games in the early days of the Premier League, nowadays they reserve that for the Sunday 4 o'Clock matches. There is the small matter of having to wait all weekend before your game though. :)

Currently it will work in our favour all the more i believe, particjarly if there are any niggles after the internationals. And also fromthe PoV of were we to ake a signing this week, more days either means more time for the new player with the squad or more time for us to complete it.

Ditch the gloom Cafers!

lesclaypool

Pros and cons, really used to like the build up for the Monday night games in the early days of the Premier League, nowadays they reserve that for the Sunday 4 o'Clock matches. There is the small matter of having to wait all weekend before your game though. :)

Currently it will work in our favour all the more i believe, particjarly if there are any niggles after the internationals. And also fromthe PoV of were we to ake a signing this week, more days either means more time for the new player with the squad or more time for us to complete it.

Ditch the gloom Cafers!
Agreed, rather Monday night than Saturday lunchtime! Only the wait to see United is problematic but our squad should be in better shape.

Hopefully Park can make some sort of appearance, if not start. We need to have some wingers available with Giggsy available or not.

Ace

--------Van der Sar
Brown--Ferdinand--Vidic--Evra
--Fletcher--Scholes--Rodrigo
--------Rooney----Tevez
------------Campbell

We need a change in terms of attack.

The Law of Denis

Possebon must start, we looked like we could actually score again, once he came on. I really really really really hope Park and Hargreaves are fit

-------------VDS
--Gaz---Rio---Vida---Evra
--Park--Scholes--Hargreaves--Giggs
-----------Tevez
----------------Rooney

More likely

-Fletcher-Possebon--Scholes--Giggs/Evra

BahamaRed

Legend
but our squad should be in better shape.
Looks even worse to me right now, pool of lesclay. Carrick's out now and doubt they'll risk Giggsy with his bacon problem. We might have Teveth back but he might not be 100% - who died by the way...just keep seeing a family bereavement...his parents, sister, brother, dog, cat, goldfish? No Anderson, Nani or Hargreaves. Scholes has lost his shooting boots. Guess its all up to Fletch and O'Shea.

The Law of Denis

Looks even worse to me right now, pool of lesclay. Carrick's out now and doubt they'll risk Giggsy with his bacon problem. We might have Teveth back but he might not be 100% - who died by the way...just keep seeing a family bereavement...his parents, sister, brother, dog, cat, goldfish? No Anderson, Nani or Hargreaves. Scholes has lost his shooting boots. Guess its all up to Fletch and O'Shea.

Fergie said Hargreaves might be back..

lesclaypool

I meant our squad should be in better shape on Monday night rather than Saturday lunchtime in relative to the pointless Internationals, sorry about the lack of clarity Red of Bahama :o I have no idea about the bereavement so close to Mr Tevez, nor if Giggsy's bacon problem (:lol:) will have recovered enough for him to make an appearance. I'm sure there is comfort in relying on Fletch and O'shea, as shown by the lack of panic after the Newcastle game today!

BahamaRed

Legend
Fergie said Hargreaves might be back..
I read somewhere that we won't have Hargreaves back until late September...that they've finally figured out his problem and it needs to take its time without rushing him back.
Anyway the good news is that Saha should soon be fit. When they unpack him out of the cotton wool he should be able to walk again.

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
4-1

Rooney (1), Berbatov (3)

December_16

VDS

Brown
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
Scholes
Possebon
Giggs

Rooney
Tevez

Subs: Kuszy, Neville, O'Shea, Rafael, Fabio, Evans, Campbell

Coca Cola

One balled wonder
I´d love to see Possebon get a start. Thought he did well yesterday when he came on and I think he´s ready to play in the Premier League.

If it´s him or O´shea in midfield with Scholes then I really, really hope Ferguson starts Possebon.

I´m worried about the game btw, Portsmouth are always so lucky against us.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Well if Campbell and James continue from where they left of against Chelsea we should be fine. Knowing them cnuts though they'll be at the top of their game just in time for the visit of Utd.

I'll leave my team predicting until later in the week when we know who we can pick from.

Waited all summer for football to start again and then we get hit with this injury crisis.

Hellboy

Vds

Neville
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
Scholes
Hargreaves/Possebon

Park/Campbell
Rooney
Tevez

O'Shea out of the midle.

Kelvin

oh crap a monday kick-off, we are going to be 5 points behind chelsea by the time we played this match.

muller

VDS

Neville
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Fletcher
Scholes
Possebon

Rooney
Campbell
Berbatov

I think SAF will sign berbatov in the next few days. If this happens we may push Rooney out onto the left wing, and fletcher onto the right.

0-2 (Rooney, Berbatov)

Anderson8

-------------------Van Der Sar---------------------
Neville-------------Rio----------Vida-----------Evra
Fletcher--------Scholes---------Possebon------Fabio?
----------------Rooney----------Tevez/Berbatov---

Sorry guys but I can see this ending 1-1.

rooney__10

-------------------Van Der Sar---------------------
Neville-------------Rio----------Vida-----------Evra
Tevez--------Scholes---------Fletcher-------Fabio
----------------Rooney----------Cambell------------

draw

Fergies Formula

i see not many people are going with berbatov up front?! i do think he will sign in time so ill go with this team.

van der sar
brown - rio - vidic - evra
fletcher - scholes - o'shea/possebon
tevez - berbatov - rooney