Possible Hijacking at Schiphol

wr8_utd

:'(
There is currently a major security situation on at Amsterdam Schiphol airport. It seems like it could be a hijacking situation and a lot of security has surrounded the plane.

Simultaneously, there has been a bomb alert at Milan airport and some sort of issue over in Belgium as well.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Passengers and crew are safe according to official Dutch law enforcement twitter accounts.

Perhaps false alarm by the pilot?

wr8_utd

:'(
Okay passenger and crew are safely off the plane. Seems like the alarm was raised by the pilot.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I read 27 passengers had boarded when the pilot hit the hijack alarm? 3 men with knives?

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
"Uh, we had a slight weapons malfunction, but uh... everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you."
The warning was triggered on accident. Did the pilot smoke some of that high quality Dutch stuff, perhaps?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
The warning was triggered on accident. Did the pilot smoke some of that high quality Dutch stuff, perhaps?
Depends where the button is. I routinely hit the emergency call button in the elevator at wot because of its placement right below the main floor button. The last time I did it (on Tuesday) the operator seemed really annoyed with me :lol:

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
It could just be a passenger being an utter tit and confusing the pilots. I was once on a flight from Paris to Houston with an African refugee family on board who probably hadn't been on a flight before and the kids just ran from one end of the flight to another just before take off, cue panicked air hostess. :lol:

Nucks

RT History Department
I think obviously the "pilot" was a member of the rebel alliance and a notorious smuggler, who did the Kessel run in 12 parsecs, hates slugs, and was impersonating a fascist storm trooper /ayup.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It could just be a passenger being an utter tit and confusing the pilots. I was once on a flight from Paris to Houston with an African refugee family on board who probably hadn't been on a flight before and the kids just ran from one end of the flight to another just before take off, cue panicked air hostess. :lol:
I was on a Qantas Sydney to London flight many years ago, where the stewards and stewardess had a race with the food trolleys up and down the aisles.
Where was the Looney Button then?

News is now saying the pilot was demonstrating emergency codes to somebody and didn't realise the transponder was set to transmit. Oops.

Full bodied red

The Capt will no doubt be having a tea and biscuits meeting without the biscuits with Air Europa's Management this morning.

News reports last night were that all passengers had already boarded. All 27 of them !

Time to sell any Air Europa shares you may have if that's true - 27 passengers on a 170+ seat plane between two of Europe's major capitals isn't even funny.

Or, if you like a bet, hold on to the shares as rumour has it that IAG ( owners of British Airways, Iberia, Aer Lingus and some others ) are trying to buy Air Europa if the EU will let them.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
The extra news bulletin on Dutch TV had a Monty Python'es to it. Silly TV.

Good thing it was an emergency. Wonder what the consequenses for the pilot are. I assume there's quite a bit money lost in all the delays it's caused.

The Capt will no doubt be having a tea and biscuits meeting without the biscuits with Air Europa's Management this morning.

News reports last night were that all passengers had already boarded. All 27 of them !

Time to sell any Air Europa shares you may have if that's true - 27 passengers on a 170+ seat plane between two of Europe's major capitals isn't even funny.

Or, if you like a bet, hold on to the shares as rumour has it that IAG ( owners of British Airways, Iberia, Aer Lingus and some others ) are trying to buy Air Europa if the EU will let them.
Rumour? IAG bought them 3 days ago...you're a bit late :lol:

No doubt they're buying the airport slots and the airline will slowly be absorbed into the rest of the company.

Full bodied red

Rumour? IAG bought them 3 days ago...you're a bit late :lol:

No doubt they're buying the airport slots and the airline will slowly be absorbed into the rest of the company.

Is it now a done deal ??

Last I heard, on Tuesday, Air Europa had agreed to be purchased but IAG were waiting for the OK from the EU as when they'd agreed to buy parts of Air Berlin last year, the EU prevented it and they didn't want to go through the same regulatory problems again this time.

My bet is that Air Europa will be split between Level ( Long Haul ) and Vueling ( Short Haul ) with no direct impact on British Airways and Iberia.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This was an anti-climax.
Found one
@robinamicrowave probably

Sometimes I dream of plane crashes and find it really exciting and fascinating. It generates such a rush, not in a good way necessarily, just an overall overwhelming way. Because of this there's part of me that would really like to see a plane crash in real life, like a huge 747 crashing into the sea or busy town/city, but obviously at the same time I know it would be horrific and can acknowledge that.

Is it now a done deal ??

Last I heard, on Tuesday, Air Europa had agreed to be purchased but IAG were waiting for the OK from the EU as when they'd agreed to buy parts of Air Berlin last year, the EU prevented it and they didn't want to go through the same regulatory problems again this time.

My bet is that Air Europa will be split between Level ( Long Haul ) and Vueling ( Short Haul ) with no direct impact on British Airways and Iberia.
Well its offered and accepted. The EU bit will take months.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Found one
I'd like to point out to anyone who thinks this way me that I was quoting an anonymous answer in my confessions thread and this doesn't reflect my own thinking.

I personally wank over these kind of thoughts. Vigorously and with the fury of a thousand wolves.