Possible myths circulating today regarding PL/CL/EL winner in event of competition cancellations

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
If the season is stopped and not resumed, the Premier League rules are clear on this - the season never happened; null and void.
Yep if the season is suspended and remains suspended past 60 days (it might be 65+) it's declared null and void, unless the clubs vote to change the rules.
Premier League rule article 18.4 states any break lasting longer than 65 days in the middle of the season as a result of global disease will result in a failed campaign and the season will then be considered null and void...
The above seems to have started from this:

Who said later on it was rubbish that he made up:

Then RE: the CL/EL winner in event of cancellation

Under UEFA rules the highest rank teams left get the titles.
https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/trank2020.html

Real will be awarded the CL. United the Europa league,
I've read through the entire Europa League handbook and there is nothing that says the club with the highest coefficient will get the trophy. I can't see anything that says what will happen in case the competition is cancelled, and so probably will be decided by the UEFA Emergency Panel, and it is doubtful the top teams will automatically win.

Article 80 Unforeseen circumstances
80.01 Any matters not provided for in these regulations, such as cases of force majeure, will be decided by the UEFA Emergency Panel or, if not possible due to time constraints, by the UEFA President or, in his absence, by the UEFA General Secretary. Such decisions are final.
Everybody please, stop spreading these two myths unless any of you can quote the article and link to the handbook that backs up either.

bushyzor

Great investigative socialmediaism Damien! You have however ruined the ultimate outcome for us! Darn you and your truth!

diarm

To be honest, whatever happens from here on in, any time a Liverpool fan mentions this title to me, I'm going to respond with "oh you mean the year everybody else was sick?"

And I'm going to enjoy the shit out of it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Yeah, it looks like it, which is probably why competitions are postponing in the hope they can eventually finish off the seasons down the line as otherwise it'll be a huge headache.
Yeah someone could have a huge decision on their hands which no one will be fully happy with. Definitely messy.

Jam

If the last four years has taught me anything it’s that reality and facts are subjective.

Therefore I reject your claims as fake news. The season will be null and void and we are Europa League champions.

Smores

Nah keep on spreading it, if we can get the rumour publically accepted it'll become the go to decision for the governing bodies.

Spread the word

Nick7

If we keep saying it, maybe the PL and UEFA get confused and award us the EL title and just null and void the premier league. I think that’s the fairest outcome that would satisfy us all.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To be honest, whatever happens from here on in, any time a Liverpool fan mentions this title to me, I'm going to respond with "oh you mean the year everybody else was sick?"

And I'm going to enjoy the shit out of it.
"Oh....the VAR & Corona year..."

MrPooni

I've read through the entire Europa League handbook and there is nothing that says the club with the highest coefficient will get the trophy. I can't see anything that says what will happen in case the competition is cancelled, and so probably will be decided by the UEFA Emergency Panel, and it is doubtful the top teams will automatically win.

Everybody please, stop spreading these two myths unless any of you can quote the article and link to the handbook that backs up either.
Really appreciate the effort you put into this. Misinformation is an absolute fecking scourge.

Serie A (our only guide so far) have talked about 3 options:

1. playoffs
2. declare current standings final
3. have no champion and restart the season afresh

i can only see one of those being viable. 2 and 3 would surely bring legal challenges from relegation and promotion candidates.

0le

I think this is what should happen:

All the leagues and cup tournaments are suspended. The rankings for next season cup tournaments are based on historical performance in the cups. There are no promotions and no relegations. There are also no winners. The Euros should be suspended until next year. All international friendlies should be cancelled to allow league fixtures next season to be played. The UEFA Nations league should also be suspended to accomodate for this - teams should qualify based on historical rankings. Transfers should be banned until January. Any club which falls into administration due to suspension should be supported by local government/ FA's and not deducted points.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It's the hope that kills eh Cafsters? ;) Just when you'd come to peace with it in December there it is again. :D

Ibi Dreams

Even if Liverpool are awarded the title without having won it, it'll still be fun to wind them up about not actually winning it

On the flip side, it'd be good if we just got handed the Europa League. We'd most likely have won it anyway

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
If the last four years has taught me anything it’s that reality and facts are subjective.

Therefore I reject your claims as fake news. The season will be null and void and we are Europa League champions.
I like this outcome, no matter how false it may be. Don't tell us how we should feel. Rugged individualism will win over the reality :D

The rumour does no harm. This is just @Damien showing off his impressive attention to detail.
Truth

If we keep saying it, maybe the PL and UEFA get confused and award us the EL title and just null and void the premier league. I think that’s the fairest outcome that would satisfy us all.
Sounds like a solid plan. Let's all start tweeting it at @uefa or whatever

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Even if Liverpool are awarded the title without having won it, it'll still be fun to wind them up about not actually winning it

On the flip side, it'd be good if we just got handed the Europa League. We'd most likely have won it anyway
Yep, adding a cup to the records :)

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Good little case study as to why we're in the fecking state we're in politically as well.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'm fine with marching through the streets of Manchester but why do I have to shave my head?

Seems... excessive.
Yeah, I watched Band of Brothers recently and might've absorbed a little too much of the Dutch attitude towards Nazi-friendly traitors. Might check out some rom-coms in order to decompress.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I was going to comment about how gullible people can be and then I remembered my tag line :(

But people seriously need to stop believing everything they read on twitter. That's how you get fooled in to thinking we are going to have a midfield of Thiago, Kroos and Sneijder!

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband

Any of them getting a name change?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, I watched Band of Brothers recently and might've absorbed a little too much of the Dutch attitude towards Nazi-friendly traitors. Might check out some rom-coms in order to decompress.
Ah, the old Band of Brothers effect. I understand.

Just don't go full BoB and attempt to charge through a stream of Nazi gunfire whilst running like a proper weirdo. Captain Spears, you are not.

Bulldog United

I apologise completely for my part in this.

You are absolutely bang on, in my case - I did get it from multiple people who were spreading it around on social media. Several of them I thought I could trust as very reliable. I will never make that mistake again.

I feel horrible about this, especially because I was so active in the debate and discussion that morning when we found out the City game was off. I really genuinely believed I was providing accurate information, but I got it so, so wrong. I'm completely embarrassed.

It wouldn't be harsh if you were to ban me for sometime, because you do have clear rules on this kind of thing - and I knew the rules, and I know why they exist.

I'm so sorry to everyone who I misled. :(