Worst of the best
Vent frustrations here

Its feels like shit. I dont want to watch any more football this weekend

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Silly mistakes cost you at the back, and Fellaini should have came on for Fletcher. Mata needs to be more involved instead of STILL playing it out wide at every given opportunity, although Herrera was trying to play through balls to them on occasions. The long balls to the strikers need to be cut down too.

Getsme

It will take time, what's very very obvious about today's result is that we need players and fast.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
LvG lost it when he took Herrera off instead of Fletcher. Blackett has taken up Rio's position of hoofing balls up front. Mata was anonymous. Our defence is shite.

Mister_Stubbs

Pathetic, fecking pathetic. All the pre-season hype undone after one game at home against a side that'll finish bottom half. Easy start they said, very worrying.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Total and utter crap performance in the second half...If Woody doesn't realise that he needs to get out the cheque book this weekend then god help us!!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We're a mid-table team.

We were a mid-table team last season and have done nothing to improve. You can get Van Gaal in but when you're stuck with someone like Fletcher as your midfield engine, opposition teams will be laughing.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Taking Herrera off was a mistake.

We looked better with the 4-4-1-1 formation, will be interesting what LVG does now.

It's obvious we need players. Hopefully this is the catalyst for a few signings.

Mersault

It's only the first game. This is where the players have no cover, no outdated David Moyes who doesn't know what he

Dante

Average bang
We're still in a funk from the Moyes era. Not playing with enough tempo. It'll take time to fix.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
The sub killed us. Why bring Fellaini on?! And for our best midfield passer? Why?!!

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
TBF this was to be expected. The system will take a bit of time to implement and the manager's always been a really slow starter. That in addition to United's propensity for post-Christmas charge means we'll take a bit of time to build some momentum. Anyway hope we get a couple of signings sorted soon. The defense and midfield are still suspect. Fully expect the players (the ones that make a difference) and Louis to turn it around though.

Skywarden

Thoroughly disappointed. Same old slow passing game. It's as if the players suddenly recalled last years trauma and went into auto-pilot.

Blackett has great potential.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
If we had beaten them by 4 goals, we would be in a much better position at the end of the season, surely.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Herrera sub single handedly lost us this match.
What BS. We need to stop this nonsense of believing its trivial single decisions like this. As a club, from board to fans, it's time to face up to the fact our squad needs significant investment.

marukomu

The Gatekeeper
Seems like RAWK was right.
We need some better players desperately. Trouble is, after that, the prices have gone up even more.

kps88

We can talk all day about tactics and substitutions but the only solution to this is signing quality players.

pseudo_canadian

Herrera off for Fellaini was the nail in the coffin. What in god's name was the point of that sub?

Nonetheless, probably the worst possible start to the season. This team desperately needs a new CB and CM or this season will be incredibly painful.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Encouraging performance. The opponent could only do smash and grab, but we controlled the game. We'll get there.

Baxter

They didn't deserve anything but the lack of chances we created was awful. Fletcher seemed to be wanting to play for Swansea the amount of times he gave it to them

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
I think we should have started as a 4,3,3 or 4,4,1,1 whatever. I think we'll struggle outwide offensively in this formation. It's negative and we've shown the last two games a lack of invention. Get wide players playing attacking the final third. We were unlucky because swansea scored with their two shots basically but still there's no point dominating the ball if you have no end product.

Against the top teams, maybe we should be more defensive - but against Swansea at home I think we should know we've the better players irrespective of if we think they're good enough.

Man-United

We must sign new players now. Can't wait until last week again. Come back David Gill.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Posted this 2 weeks ago:

I think Holland's WC run and the preseason results have lead to people expecting big things from van Gaal in the first season. Understandable of course, but I think there will be one or two results that brings people back down to reality (wouldn't be surprised to see a few more fickle individuals bringing out the pitchforks too). The manager himself warned that the first few months will be bumpy.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
That old familiar feeling from last year, eh? so disappointed with that performance.

I'd be happy if Fellaini and Nani never played for us again.
Nani was one of our better players in the 2nd half. Fellaini could have been sent off. Also, we bring him on to use his height. He's absolute rubbish at winning headers.

pseudo_canadian

As I said in the match thread, you really have to wonder how great Fergie was. The man was a miracle worker beyond all means.

Winrar

TBF this was to be expected. The system will take a bit of time to implement and the manager's always been a really slow starter. That in addition to United's propensity for post-Christmas charge means we'll take a bit of time to build some momentum. Anyway hope we get a couple of signings sorted soon. The defense and midfield are still suspect. Fully expect the players (the ones that make a difference) and Louis to turn it around though.
This is what I'm thinking really, never was going to be easy.

I'm suspecting that Fellaini for Herrera substitution was to see how Fellaini would fare and how we would cope without Herrera, I think the answer is clear as crystal now.

Bear Attack

We couldn't pass. At all. Tiny things like Rooney's failed ball out wide or Fletcher passing it right to the opponent add up when you're trying to develop momentum. It also doesn't help when you take off our best midfield passer for someone who seemingly refuses to make himself available for the ball.

NK86

Silly mistakes cost you at the back, and Fellaini should have came on for Fletcher. Mata needs to be more involved instead of STILL playing it out wide at every given opportunity, although Herrera was trying to play through balls to them on occasions. The long balls to the strikers need to be cut down too.
Pretty much. The Fellaini sub baffled me. Should have come on for Fletcher who was pretty much dead on his feet by the end.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I thought after Rooney scored we were going to go up a gear. After Herrera came off - I don't know if that was due to injury or LvG getting frustrated by some of his "hospital ball" passing, our forwards disappeared. We might as well have taken Mata and Januzaj off as well at that point. After that we had no shape, no connection, no speed.

Honourable mention to Nani, some good runs from him, at least he tried to make the ball move.

footballgirl07

Januzaj was the only player who liked doing something different in attack. Young showed why he can't be a LB. Thought Blackett did okay and Smalling had one of his best games, except his passing his still poor. Rooneys passing was slack as well today.

Player Ratings

5.1 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 458 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Swansea win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 27% Man Utd 3:0 Swansea
  • 23% Man Utd 2:0 Swansea