PL W FA Premier League

Arsenal 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 22 November 2014

Outremangeur

Great view from the away end of both our goals :D
Thanks for that!

Really giving me goosbumps....I would so much love to go again on a game.

Last time i have seen United in England was 97 :(

Is it hard these days to get a ticket on short notice?
How much would i have to pay approximately?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
This.

And let's be honest we were good for a point even with 10 men against City in my opinion, with 11 who knows. Against Chelsea as well especially in the first half we looked very good.

The good thing is even despite our terrible luck with injuries, another new manager and backroom staff, a large turn over of players in the summer coupled with the fact we haven't played anywhere near our potential with the quality of player at our disposal, we are still in the top four. That could be down to the fact that others around us have been equally as bad but we are currently in the driving seat and in my opinion have a good chance catching both Southampton and Man City.
That performance was as bad as anything I've witnessed under Moyes. It was reminiscent of the City game (under Moyes) when we were totally out played. Although this time we had Di Maria. My worry is, talk about all the injuries who exactly coming back into the team really improved us? Rafael/Valencia, Jones/McNair, Bind/Carrick, Falcao/RVP? Obviously Rojo/Evans would over Blackett but that is the only one position and would we play 3 of Evans Rojo Smalling and Jones together? (I'd hope not). Feels like a lot of smoking mirrors to me. And don't forget Mata, Herrera and Adnan were all dropped hence them being omitted from the comparisons.

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
I don't get all the negativity here. Everyone harping about how lucky we were and how without DDG it would've been 5:0 at half time. Were we really that lucky? Arsenal was on top for the first 25 minutes and so what - for all their domination they had only one clear cut chance, which Wilshire fecked up. The rest were shots from 20 yards or from the byline. I don't think DDG made any superb save the whole game - all the shots were right at him.

Our first and Arsenal's were both freak goals, so things are pretty even there, but lets count the clear cut chances during the game - Wilshire's miss, Rooney's goal, ADM's miss, Smallings's miss and Rooney's false offside, which would've put him one on one with the keeper. Out of the 5 clear cut chances one was Arsenal's and four ours. Add to that the fact there should've been a red card for the hard man Wilshire and the "we were lucky" line gets even more mindboggling. If anything Arsenal was the luckier team.

Come on, stop the negativity and enjoy - with a decimated squad we just beat a direct rival, away from home, after they've been 15 months unbeaten, to put us back in top 4. I can see only positives
You're wearing your United-tinted glasses. But that's alright :cool:

NK86

That performance was as bad as anything I've witnessed under Moyes. It was reminiscent of the City game (under Moyes) when we were totally out played. Although this time we had Di Maria. My worry is, talk about all the injuries who exactly coming back into the team really improved us? Rafael/Valencia, Jones/McNair, Bind/Carrick, Falcao/RVP? Obviously Rojo/Evans would over Blackett but that is the only one position and would we play 3 of Evans Rojo Smalling and Jones together? (I'd hope not). Feels like a lot of smoking mirrors to me. And don't forget Mata, Herrera and Adnan were all dropped hence them being omitted from the comparisons.
Rafael over Valencia itself will be a huge lift. Not to mention, we lost Shaw within the first 20-25 minutes of the game. What you also forget is that we had to change our formation because of our injuries. That played a huge part along with the fact that we had two really nervous young CBs who just could not keep hold of the ball. One of Mata/Januzaj could have come in with a change in formation and that would have helped us a big deal. Not to mention that Carrick is still rusty and Blind was doing an excellent job for us.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rafael over Valencia itself will be a huge lift. Not to mention, we lost Shaw within the first 20-25 minutes of the game. What you also forget is that we had to change our formation because of our injuries. That played a huge part along with the fact that we had two really nervous young CBs who just could not keep hold of the ball. One of Mata/Januzaj could have come in with a change in formation and that would have helped us a big deal. Not to mention that Carrick is still rusty and Blind was doing an excellent job for us.
Then why did LVG opt not to do this? Yeah Carrick is still rusty but s Blind an upgrade? And has Jones performed that much better than McNair?

NK86

Then why did LVG opt not to do this? Yeah Carrick is still rusty but s Blind an upgrade? And has Jones performed that much better than McNair?
LvG didn't opt for them because of our injuries at the back and our weak defense because of it. Obviously he wanted to solidify and make sure we were not easy to go through (which didn't actually turn out great in hindsight). And Blind has been better than Carrick of last and this season so far. Is he an upgrade in the long term, I am not sure but as of this point in the season, he sure is a better option than Carrick. And Jones would definitely be an upgrade on McNair. Did you see his and Blackett's distribution that day? You and I could have done better than that. A lot of pressure on us was because our CBs shit themselves when they had to make a pass, forward or backward.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
:lol:

You and @Paolo Di Canio would get on well.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Blind was our best outfield player.
So yes, Carrick is down-grade on Blind.

Tim Henman

Come on Tim!
Thanks for that!

Really giving me goosbumps....I would so much love to go again on a game.

Last time i have seen United in England was 97 :(

Is it hard these days to get a ticket on short notice?
How much would i have to pay approximately?
Depends on the game really. I've just bought a ticket for Hull and Stoke 70 pounds for the two together. Bought them yesterday. There are usually some floating about on Craigslist but you might have to overpay. The ticket exchange in the forum here is good as well as looking on twitter.

Outremangeur

Depends on the game really. I've just bought a ticket for Hull and Stoke 70 pounds for the two together. Bought them yesterday. There are usually some floating about on Craigslist but you might have to overpay. The ticket exchange in the forum here is good as well as looking on twitter.
Thanks!

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 81% of 839 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 543 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Arsenal win