PL L FA Premier League

Manchester City 1:0 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sun, 02 November 2014

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Despite the injury crisis, our shaky defense and having to play with 10 men, we've totally matched City and Chelsea over the last week. I agree with Van Gaal when he says that we're close.

Proud of the team.
City were on a bad run, and once they scored bizarrely sat back.
I for one am not super encouraged by yesterday, it was a bit of a freak of a game.

The centre back position is becoming an absolute joke.
Evans, Smalling and Jones we know cannot stay fit, let alone at the same time, and now you have Smalling's sheer goonery, and Rojo getting injured too.
Even the youngsters Blackett and McNair aren't safe from our jinx. Blackett getting a ban himself and McNair playing a couple of games and promptly being out injured himself.

Who are we going to field this weekend? 2 from 3 of McNair, Blackett and Carrick? Thank frig it's Palace at home rather than a big boy away

ZDwyr

1) I didn't say Blind is a bad player or that he is not good enough. I said he is not strong enough and nor is he tall enough, hes not great at high balls and there nothing wrong in saying that. He is a very good buy and has done well for us but we need someone more physically imposing.

2) Fellaini has done well, he came on to do a job and did it well but the problem is our reliance on lumping the ball forward at him to get it in the final third. What this does is restricts the freedom of the #10 in this case Rooney. I would like to see Rooney move freely behind the striker than to be restricted to 1 side.
Fellaini is good when he need to do job on someone but he shouldn't be the style of football UTD play/start with. As a plan B he good but not the plan A...
That isn't even happening. It is purely a perception.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Fergie also took us there where we only needed a draw and did not have 1 shot in 90+ minutes. We lost 1-0.

This is the same City team that is 3rd in the table having scored 20 goals and beaten Liverpool and Spurs with ease.

People are making too much of the negative. With a consistently changing back line we have had no consistency and all opponents are testing our defense to the limit. Neither Chelsea or City caused that much hardship. We struggled more against Leicester and WHU. I think City had 6 shots on target all game. City were struggling to break down a weak defense due to them being well organized. Don't forget we brought into the side 2 players that had not played for 3 or more games, had Fellani and Adnan playing their second 90 mins of the season.

City have a well established squad that has been together for quite some time. No new players in this game and playing a formation they know very well. We are not too far away from them, but definitely behind them.
How have Liverpool and Spurs performed this season? They are as pathetic as us.

We would have been be couple of goals and 2 men down if Michael Oliver had done his job properly. I rewatched the last 30 minutes of the game last night and City still created the better chances; the header from which Yaya should have scored and the Navas shot that hit the crossbar. Our best chance was when RVP forced Hart to make a brilliant stop. City retreated back around the 70th minute, which allowed us to hold more possession. A defense that allows Aguero to run behind them twice, should have had 3 penalities and 2 reds given against them, and allowed one goal was not difficult to break down. The brilliant De Gea was, not that defense.

I agree that defensive injuries are one of our major issues. Though with Rafael, Evans, Smalling and Jones in the ranks that is not going to change anytime soon. It hasn't for Evans and Rafael in 7 years; and with Jones and Smalling for 4 and 5 yrs respectively. So, should we accept this season as another write off? In football today, you have to work around those injuries. No one is demanding a title challenge, the minimum expectation is decent football and less mistakes.

And for all the hoopla, the offense hasn't clicked either. We have scored less goals this term than we did at the same stage last season. All I have seen is us passing the ball around in front of the opposition defenses. We have lacked creativity, and that is evident in the low number of clear cut chances for our strikers.

Last edited:

Player Ratings

5.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 477 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Man City win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 24% Man City 1:2 Man Utd