PL W FA Premier League

Manchester United 3:0 Liverpool

Post-match discussion

Sun, 14 December 2014

Raw

It feels so good to finally smash these twats. Too much sloppy passing though (especially from Evans), if it weren't for De Gea and Sterling's poor finishing it could have been nasty.

But whatever, 6 wins in a row!

NessunDorma

Rooney, Van Persie, Mata, and with AdM to return . . . we could be frightening going forward (although what sounds great on paper doesn't always work in reality).

And with the best young 'keeper in the world in that kind of form, who needs a defence?

Hed Zitin

The worst thing for them is they gave up half way through the second half. They are desolated.

de Gea had a lot of shots right at him. Carrick was MOTM.

RVP and Rooney back. Mata played well. Fellaini tackled very well. Valencias best performance. Young strides on. Herrera looked great.

The defense is utter crap.

caid

Haven't seen a keeper put together a run with this kind of form since schmeichel in 96 or after recovering from early season howlers in 99.
After the sterling 1v1 save, i went out for a smoke - I knew the match was over at that point because there was no way in hell he was going to concede once, let alone twice.

Mata's been impressing me a lot in recent games despite a couple of pretty poor performances.
Very good today and getting better. Showing skills i didn't think he had or could learn.
Just been quietly effective. And not so quiet with the goals and assists obviously :)

Ainu

Some fantastic performances, notably by De Gea, Carrick, Rooney and Fellaini in the second half. Several others were very good as well in that second half. The less said about Evans, the better though. Awesome win.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Happy with the result, happy with the performance...something just doesn't feel right. Can't put my finger on it but Liverpool had 6 easy chances today.
352, Jonny Evans and the lack of full backs is largely the main reason for that in my opinion. We'll get better but we need to get our players back or bring in another full back in January.

stu_1992

Excellent! :D Delighted with that. David De Gea, what more can be said about him atm. We'd be lost without. Incredible how he's so good with such a poor defence in front of him. The forward players looked good when they were involved. Van Persie is definitely looking like he is back, Rooney continued his good from and Mata was very good IMO. Got a goal, was more involved than usual and those two passes in the build-up to RVP's goal was just :drool:.

Edit: I should also point out that was the best I've seen Valencia play in a long time. Yet more evidence that Van Gaal has given confidence back to the likes of him and Young.

Last edited:

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
God I hate the back 3. Evans can't function in it, Sterling kept running past Carrick and Jones, and when Liverpool weren't panicking with long shots they actually got behind us regularly. Surely Van Gaal will see that De Gea bailing us out 5 times a match isn't a viable solution?

Other than that, great result.

MarcRed96

Cracking result and I'm pleased with the players. Even though our passing was poor and our defence a bit of a shambles, the lads absolutely worked their socks off and we deserved to win.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
De Gea amazing. Fellaini better in the second half, van Persie seems to be back in form. Mata did well & Herrera had a good cameo.

Nice to see McNair being given a few minutes, good touch from Van Gaal.

Revan

Assumptionman
Lord De Gea saved us again.

We weren't that good but took our chances well. Rooney, RVP, Mata, Carrick and Valencia did a good job.

Fellaini after a heated start, improved. Evans was awful and wouldn't like to see him in our lineup in the near future.

6 wins in a row!

Richard Cranium

People keep saying we are lucky to have DDG? We spunked £20m on him as a teenager and continued to invest faith in him despite a shaky start at the club. We've nurtured him into what he is.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I hope Van Gaal said something like "tough league eh?" to Brendan during their handshake.

Dylan94

:lol: Van Persie! "You can put that down as an assist." Brilliant! Love Van!

krazyrobus

DDG, Carrick and RVP were boss.

Rooney, Young, Mata, Valencia were good

The rest of the were average.

I get so easily annoyed by these stupid players not concentrating when passing. FFS that is the most basic fecking component of the game. Do we need to teach them how to breath as well! Evans and Fellaini especially, at least Fellaini is good at breaking up attacks seeing as he is creating them for the opponents.

De Gea is making world class look ordinary these days. Amazing how our defence keeps exposing him and he always comes up with an answer. We're doing well to pick up points against the bigger teams despite still not looking convincing. Hopefully we can keep this momentum up, so we can secure a Top 4 spot and start aiming for something more.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
Satsisfying win. Sterling fluffimg his lines makes me appreciate RVP clinical finishes even more.

This team will be scary good when AdM, Shaw and Rafael get back.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Happy with the result, happy with the performance...something just doesn't feel right. Can't put my finger on it but Liverpool had 6 easy chances today.
Its the fact that our defence isn't stable, but at the same time it isnt all over the place. It just about gets away with it, but thats because of injuries man.

DevilRed

Clinical finishing and world class goalkeeping. What more can you say about David De Gea. Get him on a long term contract already.

Again, it wasn't the best defending and we were under the cosh for key periods of the match.

However, we seemed to have gained a real taste for counterattacking football and you can make an argument that all of our goals today came from attacking on the break. Credit to the wingbacks Valencia and Young for solid performances and crucial crosses! They are underappreciated but have grown into roles that are not of their natural positions.

Thought Evans was poor yet again. Made too many mistakes including letting balotelli in on goal time and time again. Carrick on the other hand looks like he has played as a defender for the last 15 years. fecking amazing composure. Hopefully we will drop this 3 at the back bullshit so Michael can go back to dictating the midfield.

Mata continues to get statistics! He can drift in and out of matches sometimes but for some reason he will pop up with the key goal/assist from out of nowhere. Very unselfish of him to set up RVP for the third.

Important 3 points and although we ceded a lot of chances, we just beat our rivals 3-0 at home. Complete reversal of last year and hopefully we continue to improve.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
I said, to a friend, earlier on that this game feels like one where we could get a massive result and we'll be just like the old united for the rest of the season. Well, we got the big result and I definitely think we're here to stay in the top four now. We have too much momentum to just drop form again.

MajorTom

The players singing in the background and studs clinging on the floor while that interview was going on. We seem to have our mojo back. Great win, great performance and six wins out of six. Damn it's nice to say that.

legball

Our problem today was the constantly misplaced passes, once our players learn very well how to pass a ball, we'll be a wonderful team. I can't count how many times we gave the ball away, it was too sloppy and has nothing to do with 3-5-2 or whatever formation that was played. We've now collected maximum points in 6 games, there's something the management is doing right.

VanGaalEra

I am so buzzing!!!

Normally I'm nervous before the game, but today I was so relaxed.

RVP/Mata/De Gea - simply brilliant.

Smores

Lots of things to improve but we did what had to be done at the end of day, smashed those smug deluded fools.

Really hope we improve quickly when players come back, the points are what matter now but we must improve as we won't be able to carry on winning with such performances. Back to the diamond hopefully!!

Sam

That was fecking beautiful in the end. Absolutely fun-fecking-tastic.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Don't think we were as bad as some people are making out. Yes our defence is shit but we know that right?

At the end of the day, we got the win and we attacked well so I'm happy.

Also, DDG is just something else. Only Neuer supersedes.

crossy1686

career ending
Great result but I think it's one we probably all expected, especially when you consider how poor Liverpool have been of late.

There's a lot of complaints about the defence in here and I honestly don't think it's their fault we gift so many chances. Our midfield don't keep the ball well enough, that's the problem. We need more in the midfield, our defence and especially our goalkeeper are fine.

Man of the Match

David de Gea image David de Gea 92% of 1132 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

6.8 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 823 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Liverpool win
  • Draw