Post match v Liverpool

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I agree with this except for one point, no team should ever want it more than us, the day a player no longer wants it more than the opposition should be the day that the player in question plays his last game for us
I mean, that's idealistic but unrealistic talk.

Liverpool is a top club. They are also an equally historic club. They are also at home. They also have an all time great as manager. To think there won't be times where they are more motivated then United is frankly nonsense.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Sorry but people passing this off as
“freak result”
“it happens”
“we have been humbled before”
“Only 3 points”
“Doesn’t matter in the grand scheme”
“Luck wasn’t with us”
“Every top manager gets battered”
“Bad day at the office”

Any other?

:lol:. WTF? Have we fallen that much? This is a historic humiliation. I’m hurt. Heads needs to roll, of players not the manager. He should be blamed but some players needs to be sacked in the summer.
Some of them probably will be but perhaps you should name the ones you think should be

Judas

Open to offers
The main thing is it can't become a season destroyer, it was a truly astonishingly poor day at the office. Hopefully we bounce back on Thursday, we must.

SirScholes

“freak result”
“it happens”
“Only 3 points”
“Luck wasn’t with us”
“Bad day at the office”

Any other?

:lol:. WTF? Have we fallen that much? This is a historic humiliation. I’m hurt. Heads needs to roll, of players not the manager. He should be blamed but some players needs to be sacked in the summer.
Same way klopp lost 7-2 to Aston Villa

SirScholes

Freak result but a lot like City away. In big away game we should have 3 in midfield, Wan Bissaka over Dalot if he's available and don't play Weighorst.
Agreed we didn’t box clever in either game

kaku06

Vulgarian
Some of them probably will be but perhaps you should name the ones you think should be
Not just because of today but in general -

De gea (the panic starts with him)
Dalot
Awb
Maguire
Lindelof
Fred
Mctominay
Bruno
Martial
Last chance for Sancho next season

Not gonna happen but this lot needs to feck off.

Jordan_mufc

Only while they haven't been winning much else. Otherwise, we'll just be small time and absolute knobs for doing that. This 7-0 will only matter when we have no silverware to shut people up, otherwise it'll be another Gerrard kissing cameras while Giggs kisses trophies meme. So let's see where ETH takes us from here.
Yeah fair

Natener

I agree with this except for one point, no team should ever want it more than us, the day a player no longer wants it more than the opposition should be the day that the player in question plays his last game for us
Then we will have no players playing for us because I have yet to see a player who wants it more than the opposition every game of every season of his entire career. Even the likes of Keane and Scholes have their off days.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The plan wasn’t working - it’s only “working” if you’re up or at least level.

We needed another body in midfield. We could still have played it long if we wanted but when it goes to them you have to win it back before they can get it to their attackers especially if they’re Salah, Nunez and Gakpo. That’s not even getting into why Bruno was LW, for example.

I know you do a good job of describing the tactics and explaining what the thinking behind it might be and I always appreciate your posts. I just think they were the wrong tactics with the personnel he selected and where he set them up to play. The scoreline at half time tells you it didn’t actually work. Second half was a mess of course.
We were always going to come under pressure against Liverpool at Anfield. And the way we've been playing of late meant Fred was always going to be favoured over Sabitzer. The only thing he could've done differently was to play a midfield three of Sabitzer, Fred and Casemiro. But like I've said, the aim isn't to build the play through thirds due to the clear weaknesses we have in the team.

We could've had a 3 man midfield and we'd still be ceding possesion due to some of the weaknesses in our players. And it doesn't really matter who plays or how the team is setup imo, because you can't make the mistakes Fred and Shaw made, which gifted Liverpool a two goal lead.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Same way klopp lost 7-2 to Aston Villa
So 7-2 against Villa not 7-0 against us then? Alright. Did klopp also lost to city 6-3 few months back in the same season? To Brentford 4-0 too? No? Okay. Not same then, is it?

RedDevilQuebecois

Those players have undone a lot of goodwill today. Genuinely thought this was a better and more mentally strong group but that was worse than anything that has gone before, through Oles reign, Mourinho, Moyes etc. Truly despicable performance that. They’ve got a serious way to go to undo that. There was no mitigating red card or decimated squad. They just flat out threw the towel in and shrivelled into their shells like a bunch of cowards.
Honestly, I hope Ten Hag will make those feckers run 20km tomorrow morning. Making them run 14km after Brentford was already a strong signal, but they have to run well over that distance with the way the players did feck all in the second half.

I don't want to hear anything other than the fact that the players ran so much that they threw up their guts in tomorrow morning's training session.

UTD_Since_1978

“freak result”
“it happens”
“Only 3 points”
“Luck wasn’t with us”
“Bad day at the office”

Any other?

"Still 3rd"
"Still in top 4"

I take it you are only able to sack the players that actually played today, right? If so, which ones & replaced by?

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Then we will have no players playing for us because I have yet to see a player who wants it more than the opposition every game of every season of his entire career. Even the likes of Keane and Scholes have their off days.
There's a difference between having an off day and not wanting it and giving up

glasgow 21

Wish a lot of you would grow up. The most important is to forget about this and move on. Let this get inside our heads and its season over stuff. There were so many mistakes today that no one could have foreseen. There is no re- managing that second half. Liverpool could have hit the corner post and it would have went in. We are still in massive re-build in Ten hag's image, yeah we got giddy as Keane would say, but reality hit us in one half. Get back on the horse and reset and go again. The most important is a top 4 and Glaziers selling and no matter if we had won 7-0 today, those are the two most important things at the start of this season. We will continue to fight forest fires if we don't get both. I bet you when the dust settles he has learnt more today than in the last 10 games. Do yourselves a favour and ignore tv and radio until kick off on Thursday night and even the Europa League is now a free hit at the reset button.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
So 7-2 against Villa not 7-0 against us then? Alright. Did klopp also lost to city 6-3 few months back in the same season? To Brentford 4-0 too? No? Okay. Not same then, is it?
Maybe you should check their results that season

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I mean, that's idealistic but unrealistic talk.

Liverpool is a top club. They are also an equally historic club. They are also at home. They also have an all time great as manager. To think there won't be times where they are more motivated then United is frankly nonsense.
They can want it equally as much, but if they are motivated more then something is wrong

doomy20

Also a lot on here and as it seems also our players underestimated Liverpool. They will easily cement back 4th within the next weeks and if we shite our pants they will finish 3rd.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Because he wasn't on long enough to have a poor game
Who did you want? He came on last. Was the default answer really.
Fair enough - though of the subs I was impressed again by Sabitzer. He kept trying to play forwards even when everyone else’s heads had dropped. Shame we had already lost all shape and clue how to play football before he came on.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Not just because of today but in general -

De gea (the panic starts with him)
Dalot
Awb
Maguire
Lindelof
Fred
Mctominay
Bruno
Martial
Last chance for Sancho next season

Not gonna happen but this lot needs to feck off.
Half of that list didn't play today and I agree with some of them but they won't all be gone that's for sure

Eddy_JukeZ

We need to stop playing Weghorst from the start. We're shoehorning him in to play Bruno and Rashford in 2 positions they're worse in.

It's just stupidity from ETH despite the good job he's done. He has to take the biggest blame for that. He needs to cut it out.

It's annoying to me, but I always feel this game means more to the Liverpool players than the United players and it's felt that way for years and years now. You just can't be losing 7-0 to your biggest rivals as professionals. The effort/pride today was an utter disgrace from every single player.

Playing bad and losing is fine. Playing with no professionalism/effort and getting destroyed 7-0 at Anfield is unacceptable.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Reminded me of the City game at City, where every shot seemed to go in.

About two or three of those goals today should not have went in.

Anyhow we need a reaction on thursday and at the weekend.

Samoerai Jack

Dear god, what was that? Seems like previous season's fragility is still lurking underneath. This squad is not yet resilient enough. A lot of work remains to be done.

El Jefe

After calming down a bit I have no clue what happened in that second half. That was as bad as its ever been and I have no answer for what caused it.

A bunch of our players just collectively lost their heads even our most reliable and experienced players.

kaku06

Vulgarian
Half of that list didn't play today and I agree with some of them but they won't all be gone that's for sure
I said it wasn’t based on today only, if it was just based on today then all of them would be on the list. Who do you disagree with on that list?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Can't come to terms with how that actually happened. Liverpool was nowhere near good enough to score 7 today. We helped them out massively there.

alsabi

If you squint at the scoreline it looks almost like 1-0. Which isn't so bad.

C'est Moi Cantona

It does feel like we've packed every bad game, and everything that could go wrong in a game for the rest of the season all into this one match.

It was just so unexpected, and such a freak result, but better this than but dropping points in lots of games.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Frustrating that our inevitable blip would be so spectacular and against these cnuts.

Will erase this from my memory. On to Thursday.

croadyman

These feckers who played today should be doing laps around Carrington under floodlights tonight. Made to run themselves into ground until they throw up then they will know how we're feeling