g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Post match v Liverpool

Fts 74

I have no idea what just happened we should've been a goal or 2 up then the worst capitulation I've ever seen from a utd side.
Just completely numb.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Thought we were unlucky to go in behind at half time.

And then I have no idea what happened. Multiverse of madness.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Just forget 2nd half and move on. Think its more a mental block for us rather than a lack of quality. The scoreline is not the true reflection of the game. We were good for a good 45 mins. We managed their high tempo at start of 1st half, but failed to manage their high tempo in the 2nd half. Thats all.
Scoreline accurately reflects how shit we were and its a reminder that pride does come before a fall. So many in here before the game acting like we are ready to win the league. Delusional, there are still a couple of seasons of improvements to go for that to happen.
7-0 loss to Liverpool is a disgrace

Infra-red

Been following United since the mid 70s and that second half is up there with the worst I've ever seen. Spineless characterless.
Has to go down as our worst result in the Premier League era. As you say, that second half is probably as bad as most United fans have ever seen us play in their lifetimes.

Revan

Assumptionman
A few random thoughts.

Dont think we will see Dalot play again for a while. Both fullbacks were atrocious but him especially.

Hopefully it marks the end of the Weghorst experiment. We cant carry such a limited player in games, even if he does run a lot.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's McTominay's last game in a United shirt.

Our attitude stank. We stopped playing at 2 and totally gave up at 3. ETH needs to address that and get them motivated again for next week.

Last time this happened ETH learned a lot, he will not make the same mistakes twice.
There is a (very) small positive there.

Last but not least, it's a freak result in Liverpool's cup final. It changes little, they're a team on the decline and we are a team on the up. Don't get too upset.
He has been playing Weghorst for every game, so he doesn't seem to be the fastest learner.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
I’d say that was the worst, most embarrassing performance from United, ever. The players and the manager just carved their names into the hall of shit.

This was monumental. What a complete collapse. How do you come back from this?

tomaldinho1

Biggest loss in PL history against our biggest rivals at their home ground.

There is nothing about this that is ok, "shit happens" or any of the coping mechanisms being suggested. Its the grimmest result in our PL history.
0-5 at OT was far worse.
I’m genuinely intrigued to see how we react now - we’ve had smoke blown up our arses for weeks without ever really playing well for 90mins and got humiliated today.

Josep Dowling

We've definitely got a lot of players nursing Anfield trauma from the past couple of seasons. Looked frightened from the first minute.
Genuinely think this is a thing. Big games is a lot about dealing with mental pressure. We aren’t there yet. It’s was Liverpools game to prove they were still better than us and they absolutely smashed it once again. They may be lower than us in the league but they are a better team than us.

Parma Dewol

We started off the season in embarrassing fashion. Thought that was behind us but evidently not. Erik managed to get the right reaction last time. Let’s see if he can do it again.

Nick7

If I was ETH I’d really be questioning the attitude of some of them right now and whether they have long term futures at United
I’m sure he is. One of the biggest problems this season has been the fact we couldn’t bring in proper reinforcements in January.

Ralaks

Revamp is clearly not done yet. Still a handful with shit mentality to root out.

UTD_Since_1978

I feel sorry for any UTD fan that has to go to work tomorrow & has to work alongside Liverpool fans :eek:

sirAlexsglasses

Absolutely disgusting and humiliating defeat, they players should know the importance of this fixture, I’m lost for words I am, this shower of cowards bottled it and showed themselves for what they really are……cowards. All that talk before the game building up to this fixture was just talk, and I’m not having any “too many fixtures” “tired” bollocks. I’m sick and tired of Bruno and his whining and whining on the pitch as well, he wants to STFU and do his job and stop bitching all the time. Sorry but I’m that sick and tired of losing to these shithouses in an embarrassing way every time……embarrassing.

House Mkhitaryan

Terrible performance but final score was mostly down to luck and Liverpool's front 3 each playing their best game of the season. Not that much different than a tight 2-1 loss in the grand scheme of things. Bounce back with wins against Betis and Southampton and we're fine.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think the tactics always against Liverpool in anfield always be crowd the Mf and win one nil. Ferguson always struggled at this ground. He was always pragmatic too - try and win one nil. Its the toughest ground in the PL. The same with City under pep when you play them, you try to win one nil.

Still though we should have kept it at 3 or four. The loss isnt worrying, its the manner of the capitulation.

Mailo

I think people are underestimating fatigue from some very tough games, recently. Liverpool, on the other hand, are essentially out of every cup competition (I doubt they can come back against Madrid) and only really have the PL to focus on now.

They have had some nice midweeks off, and it isn't like they have been putting much effort in this season.
Doesn't explane the lack of heart and fight. Worst I've ever seen. Even worse than last seasons thumping.

Let's see what EtH will do now.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Terrible performance but final score was mostly down to luck and Liverpool's front 3 each playing their best game of the season. Not that much different than a tight 2-1 loss in the grand scheme of things. Bounce back with wins against Betis and Southampton and we're fine.
Mate....

Ananke

As a professional, when you go 2-0, 3-0 down you should be fighting tooth and nail. I get that the players will be fatigued and it was always going to catch up to us but that kind of score line is never acceptable. Really disgusting.

Rustyspider13

I feel like I should break something. Or scream. But I just feel numb. A loss at Anfield isn't surprising. But to lose that way, with a team that has been so good recently, it is unbelievable. Like, I genuinely can't believe how horrible we were in that second half. The players seemed unable to move, to react to what's happening. It seemed all their ability left them at the half time whistle.

Disgraceful from everyone including EtH. I'd say they should all run another few miles as punishment but we were slow and second best to every ball today and don't need the fatigue. But they all need to take a long hard look at themselves and make sure this doesn't happen again. Conceding 6 at City and 7 at Pool is unacceptable. Just unacceptable.

A miserable wait till Thursday begins.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Hopefully this will be a reality check, for the team, for the manager and some members of the CAF

Many were deluding thermselves that we were OK in the first half, we were poor in the first half and got progressively worse, by the end we were as shambolic as I have ever seen in watching United in over 50 years

ETH has to take some of the blame, I'm sure he will, but he didn't change at half time and he didn't make the changes he should have

Liverpool were superior in every aspect of the game and that hurts, some players really need to take a good look in the mirror, it's OK to lose to a better team on the day but it's not OK to lose in the manner we did today

Dannn411

Even when we were well off them in the 80s we turned up against that lot, players knew what that game meant to the fans and would never dare to give anything less than 100%. This lot, Jesus.
THIS. I can never look at this group of players the same way again. Does not matter what happens afterwards. 4-0 at Brentford, 6 at City would have woken up any other side on how to behave in these situations. Every side except Manchester United.

always_hoping

Liverpool certainly made the most of their cup final if they showed that type of energy and intensity all season they'd be up challenging for the title alongside Arsenal instead of 5th place

Combination of clinical striking (7 goals from 8 on target) and woeful defending by United (Rangnick or Ole bad from last season) returned.

A heavy defeat was coming down the tracks for United, Let's not forget Man Utd have played 2 games or more a week since the World Cup. Some of these players look exhausted. Inevitable would eventually happen. Simply don't have the strength in depth to compete in 4 competitions and will be achievement in itself if United can hang on to a top 4 finish by the end of the season.

NK86

If I was ETH I’d really be questioning the attitude of some of them right now and whether they have long term futures at United
Who would you point fingers at when each one was as bad as the guy next to them?

Sviken

I think people are underestimating fatigue from some very tough games, recently. Liverpool, on the other hand, are essentially out of every cup competition (I doubt they can come back against Madrid) and only really have the PL to focus on now.

They have had some nice midweeks off, and it isn't like they have been putting much effort in this season.
No amount of fatigue would explain us getting trounced 7-0. Lose with 1-0 or even 3-0, but 7-0 is a fecking disgrace. Period. I can't be bothered to look, but it's probably our worst loss in PL history in terms of a result and certainly our worst loss given that we lost to our arch rival. It's beyond disgusting what happened today and there's no two ways about it.

United492

One of the most bizarre games of football I’ve ever seen. Were the better team first half and were unlucky to go in a goal down then every single one of our players collectively shit the bed in the second half. Every mistake we made seemed to get punished and they basically scored from every shot on target they had. I just hope this doesn’t derail our season, 7-0 is a hard on
Never been so..... I was gutted, then sickened and then flat. Hard to work that second half out. I've got a couple of mates who are Southampton fans, at least I can empathise with them more now.

Zen

Having Southampton, Fulham abd Betis(in a competition I give no fecks about) all at home coming afterwards kind of helps.

Though maybe not, I don't know, I mean we rebounded by battering Spurs on their turf last time this (5-0) happened.

90 + 5min

People need to calm down here.

We know that this was brutal and that everything is just hell so short after game but few days ago we were on a great run and won League Cup. Sometimes we need to be reminded that we are not great yet and have work to do. Numbers are crazy and everything went Liverpool way today.

We will be back next game.

BuzzKillington

Yeah just seemed like everything went perfectly for them. 9 times out of 10 that doesn’t happen. But it did. Hopefully doesn’t affect us too much.
I feel like we’ve had a game like that in our recent past. Whereas everybody said it flattered us, I suspect that won’t be the narrative here.