PL W FA Premier League

Watford 1:2 Manchester United

Post-match discussion

Sat, 21 November 2015

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
The type of result that Chelsea ground out last season time and time again.

A poor showing and so many injuries and changes affected the performance but it's the result that matters on days like this.

3 huge points!

BFS :drool:

Kag

Is it just me that kinda loves this squad of players?

Life isn't perfect at United yet, but we've got such a good group.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Excellent result.

Played like shite but that's to be expected given the injuries.

Watford did well I thought.

Plus, love me a last minute winner. :drool:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Great result in the end. Still look average. Sure, people are missing, but we've not looked good all season and the league being poor has made us look better. We'll seriously need to up our level if we're going to do anything of significance.

Great to see that belief in the team once Watford levelled. Let's hope that urgency will be incorporated more into our philosophy over the coming weeks.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Brilliant result considering the ridiculous amount of injuries.

Ixion

We were great for an hour then just sort of went into cruise control until they scored. Good response though. De Gea class as always.

Hed Zitin

Delighted considering the injuries.

LvG made that a lot harder with that change of system for Rojo. Another silly substitution.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Holy shit, last minute winner! Feck yes.

Someone

Something
Considering the injuries i'd say this is a good result, still didn't see the need to change the formation.

diarm

Delighted with the win but very frustrated with Van Gaal after that.

I wouldn't be too quick to criticise the players as we started that game really well. Rojo was an idiot for the penalty and Mata was off colour but otherwise I think the blame lay with the manager.

I've been a fan all along but if I was on the board, today would have raised the first big question mark. Today showed that he isn't learning from his mistakes.

We were playing as well as we have all season and against a poor side. We get one injury (to a player that he himself has hardly seen as key) and he loses all confidence in the shape of the side, ignores the like for like replacement he has on the bench and reverts to a formation which has been well and truly proven to be shit for us.

We won that game in spite of his awful decision making today.

Raw

United actually looked exciting for a bit! So happy to see Bastian get a goal, though it's most likely an OG :(

All these injuries though, why is it that we get so many in a short period of time? Such a joke.

Bwuk

We were shite and shouldn't of went 3 at the back, but apart from that the wins all that matters.

podurban2

Positives: De Gea might lead us to the title, Memphis was good
Negatives: Keep losing control of the game when ahead

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Can enjoy the rest of the football this weekend now.
This.

I went from depressed to the most happy man in a matter of minutes there.
It wasn't pretty, but i would've taken a scrappy win before the game.

LvG made a mistake changing to 3 at the back imo, we lost control after that.

De Gea was just brilliant, Memphis was good also.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Great result in the end, I thought we started well and looked really positive, took our foot off the gas after the first goal. Injury to Herrera really took the wind out of our sails and the change of shape did not help us much. In the second half we looked really lethargic and Watford really kicked it up a gear, however, it was a silly penalty to give away from Rojo. Happy with our response to the goal though. All in all, not bad considering we had 2 players go off injured and were without Martial.

acnumber9

Good result in the end but we almost paid the price again for refusing to push for a second goal. The switch in our play after they equalised shows that if we actually try we can score goals.

DevilRed

Great to see all the youth players getting a chance. Lingaard, Mcnair and Perreira have the potential to become excellent players for us.

As usual, we show very little desire to attack or score goals for most of the game. Almost bit us in the ass with that terrible penalty decision. Thank feck for BFS (and great calm shot by Perreira).

We clearly deserve the 3 points and are easily the better team.

Memphis has a long way to go. Right now he is like the new Nani. Some of his decision making is terrible but the skill is there to see. If only he can be more direct instead of hesitating all the time.

Hopefully the injuries to Herrera and Jones aren't too bad, but it looks as though both had to come off not because of contact.

Time for our annual injury crises again.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Really weird feeling. Something we haven't experienced in ages. I'm thinking the last time we responded like this having gone a goal down, late on, was against West Ham, last season?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Shouldn't have such a problem with Watford after being already 1-0 up. They're biggest strength is being in the game without conceding the first goal. After that has been done they've not got much too their side like you could so clearly see every time United played with urgency.

Midfield had a poor collective game and there was a clear absence of forward. Rooney will walk straight back into the team and some people might even miss him after watching that.

A mistake on either end almost cost us but I think LvG was too hasty to switch to the boring 3-5-2 which no one plays well. What could the team do in attack? 3-5-2 with 4 players playing out of position is horrible to watch. There was absolutely no penetration. No hold up play so very hard for Mata-Schweinsteiger-Schneiderlin to be brought into play after moving the ball forward. Pereira should have come on instead of Rojo. He's better at keeping the ball than Rojo so by losing Herrera you're losing a bit of that edge.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
The only thing that annoyed me today was that we didn't finish them off. We seem to do this every game. Make it hard for ourselves.

Player Ratings

6.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 623 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Watford win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 33% Watford 0:2 Man Utd
  • 20% Watford 0:1 Man Utd