EL W Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

Manchester United 2:1 Anderlecht

Post-match discussion

Thu, 20 April 2017

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Showed that we are not good enough in certain positions. Well done the players in getting through hope they thank Rashford for their win bonus. We have a real player on our hands in Rashford.

DDG
Valencia Bailley Rojo Shaw
Herrera Pogba
Myktarin Griezmann Silva
Rashford

Would be awesome next year.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Only good things about tonight:

1. We won
  2. We got Rashford

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I am going to have a stroke some day watching United.

If only we could finish, we would make it so much easier. Lingarrd, Zlatan and Pogba all missed sitters.

Unmutual

Poor first 60 minutes or so, but last half hour and extra time was decent and once Zlatan went off it's sad to say we looked a lot better. Deserved a narrow win, but not a classic.

the hea

We played well after Fellaini came on and should have won it comfortably after 90 minutes if it wasn't for our attackers inability to score.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Thank feck. I feel like every attacker needs shooting lessons on our side. Or just to get some bottle and not feck up big moments or lose composure.

Rashford motm there IMO. Ran like mad and wanted it more then anyone. Plus the goal. Martial really needs to learn from him. Comes on fresh in ET and rashford still outruns him in that period and works harder. Like he didnt do badly, just doesnt ever look too bothered and doesnt show that desire or intensity.

Shot about ibra though. Could be his last moment of his career, if his ligaments are fecked. Which is a shit way for such a legend to bow out.

Always the hard way! Rashford was the standout player. Kept driving us forward time and time again. Overall our finishing is maddening though. Our games are only close because of this.

Into the semis and we've got a real chance

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ran them off the pitch, but the usual story, tonne of wasted chances makes it look a close game.

Ibra had a stinker, but hopefully that wasn't the worst case, and was just jarred.

If not, it'll be exciting to field Rashford, Martial, Lingard and Miki together, which'll be the most mobile forward line decades!

Ban

We made a meal out of it but I think we deserved to go through. So many missed chances again.

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
That Spajic looks a really good defender and hes only 24. Wonder if a big team will come in for him?

Mister_Stubbs

Phew.

Thought we more than deserved it over the two legs. Anderletch had a 20 minute spell in both games where they threatened but otherwise we were in control and looked likely to score more than we eventually did. A combination of good goalkeeping and excellent defender from the two Anderletch lads only stopped us from scoring more.

Marcus Rashford motm for me, showed excellent composure for the goal and looked a real threat when played through the middle. Having this kid hit form now will soften the blow of Ibra missing a few games.

Thought Luke Shaw was good again, made some really good forward runs and was unlucky not to get an assist or two for his efforts. Someone needs to test Tony V, everyone bangs on about how much grass Kante covers during a game but I reckon he does just as much. Always a constant threat going forward and has improved defensively a deal as well.

Onwards to the semis, not fused who we get as we should have enough to see off whoever it is.

Devil may care

Phew! I'm tired out with that, nervy stuff and we wasted a boat load of chances yet again, glad we squeaked through.

prateik

Rojo and Zlatan injuries ruined the match for me. We have some sort of cover for Zlatan.. Nothing for Rojo with 2 other defenders being injured. Hope it was just a twisted knee and no ligament damage

caid

Fellaini the unsung hero again.
I gave him MotM, he really was very good. And Rashford missed like 3 chances he really should have buried, spose i shouldn't give him grief as he got one in the end

Minimalist

Mixed bag all round - only thing I can say really.

Some good and some total shite on display. Got there and that's all that matters.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
The only thing about United being shit is that the nerves aren't as bad.

Games like that make me wonder how the hell we managed the Barcelona semi-final game in 08, or the Moscow penalty shootout.

wizzard

We would have won quite comfortably had Rojo not gone off imo. His injury unsettled us and Blind was awful. Rashford and Micky were quality and Pogba had a decent game.

DeGea

Local lad, he is one of our own. Cometh the hour, cometh the man, take a bow Marcus Rashford. I felt tonight was a watershed moment for him. It has been thoroughly enjoyable watching his development and I think Jose will be good for him. Contrary to what the pundits say, I think Jose is managing him in the right way and tonight is proof of that. I am certain that he will be having an increasingly significant role next season and we will see more outstanding performances from him.

On a similar note, I have found Europa League to be surprisingly entertaining. What a nice surprise.

Bring on the semi finals!

Reactions: top1whoisman

Manchie

We progressed and that is the most important thing but we should be winning game like this so easily.

Son Of Sam

Great to see Pogba stamp his authority on the midfield - almost nothing happened without him.

Ibra had an absolute mare, almost Rooney-like at his worst.

Hope Rojo will be okay.
Pogba was wasteful in possession. I dunno anyone so talented with an appalling football sense.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Feel for Zlatan. But possibly a positive in our season run in. Rashford hitting form at right time, his runs in behind give us better options. Zlatan possibly tiring but does tend to slow up our play.

Hope it isn't a serious injury, he has done fantastic for us when in the mood/form

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Not an easy watch. Such an intense game and Anderlecht did very well. Let's face it, they didn't have anything to lose, pressure was all on us and boy did we show it missing chance after chance.

Anyway, I couldn't care less. So so happy to be in the semis. Thanks to little Rash

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 510 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Anderlecht win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 41% Man Utd 2:0 Anderlecht
  • 26% Man Utd 3:0 Anderlecht