EL W Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg

Manchester United 2:1 Anderlecht

Post-match discussion

Thu, 20 April 2017

Alabaster Codify7

Jesus, we don't half do things the hard way.

Hard to find a player who played badly really, but Shaw, Pogba, Mkhitaryan were standouts with Rashford being exceptional (terrible decision making on the 1-on-1 aside, he really atoned for that error and showed great maturity for 120mins).

We got there but at a cost. Zlatan probably done for the season (he had a donkey's game though) and Rojo looks a bad one too.

Onto Burnley with threadbare, exhausted troops!

ghagua

WTF - The guy is over 35yrs old, and has played the most minutes after Pogba. It should not be surprising that he is getting tired at the end of the season.
Tiredness is one thing, but the guy looks like as if he does not give a feck any more. Saw the same thing with Di Maria and RvN before he was sold to Real Madrid.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Tiredness is one thing, but the guy looks like as if he does not give a feck any more. Saw the same thing with Di Maria and RvN before he was sold to Real Madrid.
Did you see the same 'I don't give a feck anymore' attitude when he scored against Everton, scored and set up Rashford to help him recover his form against Sunderland too?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Change in the system eventually won us the game.
In extra time, at home to Anderlect...we changed the system with about 30 minutes still to play and then took nearly an hour of those 30 minutes to actually score.

Not really a feasible plan to move forwards with.

Ralaks

The main take from this match is the confidence gained by Rashford (except for proceeding of course). Hitting form at a good time now.

Kostur

海尔的老板
In extra time, at home to Anderlect...we changed the system with about 30 minutes still to play and then took nearly an hour of those 30 minutes to actually score.

Not really a feasible plan to move forwards with.
Sure, I'd gone as far yesterday as to complain about the game myself because I thought we were pretty shit (yeah, I know we missed 10 sitters again, etc) but up until that point we were pretty poor and overrun in non-functioning midfield. Adding another one to it and playing it long helped us a lot.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Sure, I'd gone as far yesterday as to complain about the game myself because I thought we were pretty shit (yeah, I know we missed 10 sitters again, etc) but up until that point we were pretty poor and overrun in non-functioning midfield. Adding another one to it and playing it long helped us a lot.
We were poor all the way through, and relying on hoof ball Fellaini tactics to dispatch Anderlect by the skin of our teeth in extra time is not encouraging.

In the first leg we were a goal up and deployed defensive Fellaini tactics after taking off our only effective attacking player, and Anderlect scored.

I would say these are far from convincing arguments for the every problem = bring on Fellaini tactical approach.

TheBiggest

We were poor all the way through, and relying on hoof ball Fellaini tactics to dispatch Anderlect by the skin of our teeth in extra time is not encouraging.

In the first leg we were a goal up and deployed defensive Fellaini tactics after taking off our only effective attacking player, and Anderlect scored.

I would say these are far from convincing arguments for the every problem = bring on Fellaini tactical approach.

You watched a different game to me mate.

shield

Was anyone else excited with the lineup towards the end.

Rashford was finally playing up front, which is his correct position, we finally go to have Martials pace in the left, Shaw was also finally showing glimpses of the talent he is thought to possess.

With Mkhi and Lingard, an attack which has quite a lot of pace and movement.

Rashford​
Martial Mkhi Lingard

Then we have a Pogba-Herrera midfield and Shaw to the left and Valencia to the right. So, all in all, our attack looks quite good. Fellaini can also be fit nicely into this lineup, at the cost of Mkhi, and we could look solid against attacking teams like Manchester City.

Felt bad about the Zlatan and Rojo injuries. However, if Rashford is up for it then we might won't miss Zlatan that much, but the Rojo injury will be a huge loss. Most of our coming matches are against good attacking teams and so I can see Blind struggling. His distribution is quite good, but I am a little nervous about his actual defending capabilities.

Excited to see us in the semis.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Luckily I dont have a job because I didnt get to sleep last night until six o clock in the morning. Was just so frustrated (Glad we won). But just sick of all the chances we keep missing.

ghagua

Did you see the same 'I don't give a feck anymore' attitude when he scored against Everton, scored and set up Rashford to help him recover his form against Sunderland too?
No i did not petal's. Sorry if I offended you.

ghagua

Oh no of course you didn't, glad you noticed some weird irregularity in your own observations, happy to help.
Try learning to read first. I mentioned this match against Anderlecht, not the other matches you mentioned. Go back to those matches and see if I mentioned anything about Ibra.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Try learning to read first. I mentioned this match against Anderlecht, not the other matches you mentioned. Go back to those matches and see if I mentioned anything about Ibra.
You said 'any more'. So you think that a change of heart happened to him after Sunderland/Chelsea game and now he just doesn't give a feck?

Hence my question because it sounds incredibly absurd. Was wondering if perhaps you've noticed the trend of him not giving a feck a bit earlier but it doesn't seem so, fair enough.

Player Ratings

6.2 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 510 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Anderlecht win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 41% Man Utd 2:0 Anderlecht
  • 26% Man Utd 3:0 Anderlecht